Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,828 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site (579 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / What Language Do I Need To Learn For Software Development? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by BlueBanana: 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
Good day geeks and happy Sunday. Today I stumbled on a site while on twitter and I immediately liked it. From the design, to the sleekness to how quick the site loads. So buttery. Everything was superb. I'm curious, how can I build websites like this?

Any ideas on the programming language used in building the site

Here's the site
https://akiddie.com
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
HTML5
Css3
bootstrap
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by QuantumR: 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
Are you sure you posted the correct link ? kiss
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by BlueBanana: 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
QuantumR:
Are you sure you posted the correct link ? kiss
Yup. it doesn't look good to you?
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by BlueBanana: 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2020
I noticed something. The site kinda loads without internet. You can try this to confirm. When you click on the site, switch off your internet. Now click on any of the links like join now or subscribe. Notice that it takes you to a page without internet connection. This is mesmerising
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2020
The site is done with nuxtjs a vuejs framework.
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by Karleb(m): 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is what we call single page application.

It only manually refresh once unless you do hard refresh.

You can build it using any component based Javascript framework of your choice, you can even build your own framework so far its component based.

Register each components on a router and call them dynamically. With Vue you'd use Vue Router, if you have a large app you might look into inertia js.

It relies heavy on AJAX.

SPAs are always very sweet to navigate. cheesy
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by Karleb(m): 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
BlueBanana:
I noticed something. The site kinda loads without internet. You can try this to confirm. When you click on the site, switch off your internet. Now click on any of the links like join now or subscribe. Notice that it takes you to a page without internet connection. This is mesmerising

grin

At first load all necessary js components are loaded, so no need for extra data to load what's already loaded.

If you need to maybe submit a form, you'd get stuck unless you provide internet.

The person wey build that site dey craze. grin
He con add animation spoil everything. Very mesmerizing experience. grin
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by DC49: 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
BlueBanana:
Good day geeks and happy Sunday. Today I stumbled on a site while on twitter and I immediately liked it. From the design, to the sleekness to how quick the site loads. So buttery. Everything was superb. I'm curious, how can I build websites like this?

Any ideas on the programming language used in building the site

Here's the site
https://akiddie.com

That looks like a Single Page Application to me. You'll need something like Angular and the likes to build one.
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by spartan117(m): 9:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
BlueBanana:

Wait, you mean I can create this without JavaScript?

I will like to recreate this as my final project when I'm done with CSS
You will certainly use JavaScript on the frontend
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by BlueBanana: 9:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
Karleb:

grin

At first load all necessary js components are loaded, so no need for extra data to load what's already loaded.

If you need to maybe submit a form, you'd get stuck unless you provide internet.

The person wey build that site dey craze. grin
He con add animation spoil everything. Very mesmerizing experience. grin

grin grin
Lol. I agree the animation wasn't good at all. But it's still a very good site. And it loads fast and cost little data despite loading all the JS components. Impressive

Anyway, as a beginner, the thing burst my head sha, and u been think say e go easy to make as the site no too big.
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by BlueBanana: 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
spartan117:
You will certainly use JavaScript on the frontend
Okay boss. What framework do you think was used here
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by QuantumR: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
BlueBanana:

Yup. it doesn't look good to you?
Not responsive on my screen... #mobileFirst

Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by Karleb(m): 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2020
BlueBanana:

grin grin
Lol. I agree the animation wasn't good at all. But it's still a very good site. And it loads fast and cost little data despite loading all the JS components. Impressive

Anyway, as a beginner, the thing burst my head sha, and u been think say e go easy to make as the site no too big.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I was actually indirectly saying the animation is good.

SPA are as easy/hard as Multiple Page Applications.

MPA are the normal site that loads on every page request.

If you noticed, Facebook and Twitter mobile app are SPA. SPAs are generally known for their very good user experience but it is bad for SEO.

There was a time I was building one with Laravel and Vue the other day. I actually found it interesting.

I never hosted though I would have pasted the link here so you know it's not rocket science.
Abi I fit send you the github link may you view life code?
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by Karleb(m): 10:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
QuantumR:
Not responsive on my screen... #mobileFirst
I'm on mobile and it's very responsive here.
Re: What Programming Language Do I Need To Make This Site by spartan117(m): 8:26am On Dec 21, 2020
BlueBanana:

Okay boss. What framework do you think was used here
This is a bootstrap website

(1) (Reply)

How To Build A Reverse Proxy Server In Node.js / How To Convert Outlook File Template OFT / Help In Starting Blockchain Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.