Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

The Least Shall Be The Greatest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Least Shall Be The Greatest (1030 Views)

I Shall Be Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Henceforth / Did You Know That Animals Shall Be Judged By God? / Even The Lawful Captive Shall Be Delivered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Least Shall Be The Greatest by yommyuk: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2011
In Mark 9:33-35: we read how Jesus Christ asked his disciples what they were discussing out on the road. They were arguing about which one of them will be the greatest. Christ told them in Verse 35 " Whoever wants to be the first must take the last place and be the servant of everyone else" Jesus taught them that true greatness in God's Kingdom involves being the servant of everyone else, not the master, as Jesus would make clear by his own example .

Mark 10:45
"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many."

KING SAUL AND DAVID
We know the story of King saul, how he was made King and later rejected. The Lord choose David to replace him. What both of them had in common was a very good outward appearance. However, where they differed was inward. A place where only God knows very well. The place were God searches and knows it's contents. This was the area God was very well pleased in regards to King David. --- THE HEART
Let's look deeper into this heart of David.

1 Samuel 16:13
So as David stood there among his brothers, Samuel took the flask of olive oil he had brougt and anointed David with the oil. The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon David from that day on. Then Samuel returned to Ramah.  Now the Spirit of the Lord had left Saul, and the Lord sent a tormenting spirit* that filled him with depression and fear

By now David had being anointed, filled with the Spirit of the Lord and probably pumped up. 99 percent of people by now will be feeling lofty and high-minded. One might be led to believe that it is time for David to get rid of King Saul and take over. But that is not what David did.

WHAT DID DAVID DO?

David did not step right up and demand his place at the top. He took on the role of servant. He showed himself greater than Saul, by making himself  "Less."

David knows he has been anointed as king, but there is no indication at this point that Saul does. So he summons David to come and serve him as a court musician and healer. To soothe his nerves and calm the tormenting Spirits.(1 Sam 16:14-23).  --- Divine wisdom and positioning

By making himself less, God created avenues to make David to do greater exploits than Saul.

1 Samuel 18:6-7
When the victorious Israelites army was returning home after David had killed the Phillistine, women from all the towns of Israel came out to meet King Saul. They sang and danced for joy with tambourines and cymbals. This was their song:
"Saul has killed his thousands, and David his ten thousands!"

In essence David was beginning to eclipse Saul. He kept his eye on the price.

LESSONS
This message goes out to all who are seeking elevation from God, either in Ministry, Business, Career, etc. Every journey starts with the first step. In order to become a leader, one must learn to serve. Before attaining a” University Graduate status”, one has to learn the general subjects before he/she is given the permission to opt for specialized subjects. The same goes for those who want to learn a trade or vocational skill, one must undergo apprenticeship by serving under a master. When we prove that we are able to tackle smaller tasks, the bigger responsibility will come our way. Especially, those who want to go into ministry, it wise to serve under a “TRUE” Man of God before embarking on the solitude journey. Why? Christianity started that way.  The disciples learnt from the best teacher, Christ. Even Apostle Paul with all his spiritual insight found it fit for clarification purposes to seek the apostles and elders in Jerusalem to resolve issues like circumcision. In some rare instances a believer can be called out into ministry. Such person shouldknow that the CALL is to SERVE.

The power behind the spirit that serves is far greater than any other.

CONCLUSION

Jeremiah 49:1-3
Listen to me, all you in distant lands! Pay attention, you who are far away! The Lord has called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name. He made my words of judgement as sharp as a sword. He has hidden me in the shadow of his hand. I am like a sharp arrow in his quiver. He said to me, " You are my servant, Israel, and you will bring me glory."

Who gets all the glory -- God

All we have to do is to SERVE his purpose. which is feed the flock.

Let's use Paul as our Servanthood Model

Acts 20:24
"But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus - the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God."

Acts 20:32
And now I entrust you to God and the message of his grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those he has set apart for himself.

And that is what it is all about.

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

Where Exactly Is God? / Archbishop Peter Akinola Sermon @ Democracy Day Service, May 27th, 2012 - Video / Questions For PASTOR ADEBOYE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.