Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Re: Fulani: The Unfinished Work Of Danfodio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Fulani: The Unfinished Work Of Danfodio (377 Views)

Maduka And The Unfinished Business With Agu Awka / Fulani: The Unfinished Work Of Danfodio / Fayemi Should Finish The Unfinished Business This Time Ayodele David-adesua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Fulani: The Unfinished Work Of Danfodio by Elbinawi: 9:06am On Dec 21, 2020
Re: Fulani: The Unfinished Work of Danfodio

I just read the 18,000 words article of Dr. Aliyu Tilde tittled:

"Fulani: The Unfinished Work of Danfodio".

It is a masterpiece that is worth reading. Tilde took us back to history, established a foundation and built on this foundation.

His categorization of the Fulanis into Fula naturalis (cattle Fulanis) and Fula domesticus (town Fulanis) is right and correct.

When we were of tender age some of us have this notion that all Fulanis are "pious and knowledgeable Islamically" due to the preeminence of the role Fulanis played during the Revolution of Sheikh Uthman Bin Fodio on the West African sub-continent. It was in early 80s that my late Father sat me down and educated me on this. When he told me that there are still large stock of pagan Fulanis I was shock.

My first encounter with these pagan Fulanis was in latter years when my company got a job in Kogi state. I saw boys and girls speaking the Fulani tribe, uncultured and untamed. They were singing and dancing. Freely drinking alcholic drinks and some of them were taking various kinds of drugs. The girls were almost naked in public.

When I saw that sight, I realized that these pastoral Herders are far from civilization. Clearly they have Muslim names but they are not Muslims. I interviewed some of them. One of them told me he has never prayed in his life. I realized that their lives are centred only on cattle rearing.

Due to their ignorance to the laws of the land, these Fula naturalis (cattle Fulanis) are highly exploited by the extremely corrupt Nigerian security forces. In some cases they kill them and usurped their cattles. Today in Nigeria you see Generals with herds of cattles.

When the late Hajj Muhammad Gashshash was alive, he spent his time fighting for the rights of these Fula naturalis (cattle Fulanis). The last time we met he showed me mountains of cases involving these cattle Fulanis and he asked for my help. Because they lack modern Education, corrupt security forces uses that to their advantage in exploiting them. Sadly, there are few Activists like Hajj Muhammad Gashshash who will fight for their rights.

Lack of civilization underlined the present extreme brutalities associated with armed banditry in Northern Nigeria. The brutalities of the armed bandits in Northern Nigeria is the output of people without culture and civilization. Rape and ganged-raping are games of chance to these murderous savages. These savages uses rape as a tool of subjugation.

On a final note, I totally agree with all the recommendations of Dr. Aliyu Tilde on solutions to this catastrophe facing us. Sadly, the present set of leaders are our worst set of leaders ever. They are extremely corrupt, self-centered and monumental fraudsters who live on lies and deception. And our Islamic scholars are found wanting here. Increase of Islamic propagation among these cattle Fulanis is important. Leaving a huge chunk of people without culture and civilization is a threat to national security.

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.
Re: Re: Fulani: The Unfinished Work Of Danfodio by donbachi(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2020
Their elites ones are in abuja,saudi arabia and dubai,enjoying themselves...then,pushed the poor fulanis into thick forest to rear their cattles for them.
Re: Re: Fulani: The Unfinished Work Of Danfodio by ChangedMan1999(m): 9:53am On Dec 21, 2020
Add the name of your tribe when posting things like these, so that the wrong tribe won't be bashed.

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Prophet Nsiegbe 2021 Revelation / Ike Ekweremmadu And Entourage Storms Ovoko Community Amidst Jubilations / ICYF: Jonathan Also Invaded The National Assembly With Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.