Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,903 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? (12734 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Don't Get Jobs From Previous Clients. / Do Students With Computer Science Education Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? / Truth For The Wise: Don’t Expect More Jobs In The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Jonegonu: 1:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omoniyidarasimi:
Do students with aeronautic degree get job in nigeria
the answer I have is capital letter YES. must of the gas turbine engine we use to generate electricity in Nigeria run with aerodynamics engine and our aircraft. Pray to God and you will surely get one I am a beneficiaries of one. Good luck guy

1 Like

Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 1:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
NAF, ministry of aviation, FAAN...... If I were to manufacture only( not design) aircraft's it will be cheaper to use mechanical, productions and manufacturing engineers to do job and electronics engineers for the avionics. Foreign aerospace expats are very EXPENSIVE.

1 Like

Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Golan007: 1:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
Virus99:
Yes...they work in Banks grin

In Nigeria no be weytin you study you go use chop.

I know someone who studied Yoruba language and now work at NNPC

Nothing wrong with studying Yoruba yet working in NNPC.
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Ademola47(m): 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
CrazyMan:

I doubt if any university in Nigeria offers that course.

And even if they do, airlines here would prefer to fly in expatiates to service and repair their aircraft than entrust it to Nigerian graduates, so they'll end up being jobless.

There are Nigerian universities offering it. I have a friend studying it at LASU.

For the job prospect, I think having a 3 or 6-month professional certificate after the degree can fasttrack getting a juicy job.

1 Like

Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by princillin: 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
Learn work and earn.
Whatsapp 09064285433
Registration 2k

Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Mko123(m): 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nobody in this thread really has something tangible upstairs, imaging the fire brigade approach to this harmless question.

All they know is to fight Righteousness 2
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by lightwind(m): 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nawaooo...
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Navalsadiq(m): 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Where will you see it
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Ikea81: 1:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes o. They service brooms used by witches all over Nigeria
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by otokzmail(m): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes, they do. They get Physics teaching job in benchmark schools grin

1 Like

Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by miqos02(m): 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
CrazyMan:

And even if they do, airlines here would prefer to fly in expatiates to service and repair their aircraft than entrust it to Nigerian graduates, so they'll end up being jobless.
there are
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omoniyidarasimi:

Why waste ur time in a country that is worthless
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by tutudesz: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omoniyidarasimi:
My advice, is such person should buy DSS to NDA and join the Airforce. They will value such degree more than airlines
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by amaks: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
They do but I don't think they'll get to apply their knowledge to the fullest. There aren't any much design or development or production of aeronautic items in Naija, Nigerian aviation is presently mainly maintenance based, which just a license diploma course is sufficient for the job. Most Nigerian employers are maintenance based and will almost always want the job seeker to still obtain an aircraft maintenance license before employing them. Engineering in Nigeria in general, right from the schools and universities up to the practicing field, is lagging behind. But he do have very bright brains who's intelligence shine when outside the shores. Government investment in science and technology will help a lot.
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Asour: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Of Course.

Even those without degrees get jobs too.
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by BigDawsNet: 1:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
I think they offer in few Nigeria universities...

A guy I met at Nysc said he didn't study the course to look for job in Nigeria...

I don't know is where about today but probably is far away from Africa now
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by seyz91(m): 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
cheesy
Lalami3232:
Yes, but their jobs are as rare as a virgin ashawo in 9ja. But if you wan quick get Job, go abroad and you go see correct jobs dey beg you to accept dem. The quickest way to get job for 9ja now na to learn any I.T skill, especially web and mobile app development. But anyways, go for ur dream course but look for jobs outside the chores of this country.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again " The day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ******"
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by madridsta007(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omoniyidarasimi:

Don’t waste your time, if that’s your dream in Nigeria.
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Yankee101: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes

Try any of the airlines

Try govt too, NCAT especially.

1 Like

Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by blowjohn(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes they get 'Spacial' jobs.

Case closed.
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Newton2024: 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
Virus99:

It's because most of what we are learning in Nigeria school are not applicable in real life situation. Take for instance, if bank hires a graduate of banking and finance, they will still have to train him/her for weeks.
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Owen247: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
FUTO offers it.
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Virus99:

Hahahhahahaha
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by ademuyiwa20(f): 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
How many aeroplane we get wey we go con get dat kind course.
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Gate050: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
CrazyMan:

Kwara State University
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by guru03(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
If you're outside Nigeria dey there ooooo, my brother finish with master self and it's 4 years now he his just patching with one private airline that doesn't pay, just do you licencing first.

2 Likes

Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Agricmoney(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
That's a really nice course.If you have the resources to travel out of the country after your studies then it becomes useful but if not you would end up a business man/woman.

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Honeysweetest(f): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
longjosh:
I have someone with a degree in Aeronautic engineering currently teaching. Nigeria is messed up.
encourage him to leave,he can try Canada express visa,with dedication,he will get it,with patience too,imagine this, teaching?
Re: Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria? by Fernandeswagger(m): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omoniyidarasimi:

Nigeria is not yet ripe for aeronautical engineers. I know that because that's what I did in my first degree. But don't despair there's hope. Since we don't manufacture aircraft in Nigeria you'll hardly find a design job which is basically what it's all about. So to fit into the Nigerian system you'll have to become a maintainer of aircraft that's the closest you'll get in Nigeria.
Now to do that you require to get a licence from NCAA. So if your still interested in getting the degree and working in Nigeria that's your best bet. Get your license then you can upgrade from the Nigerian licence to foreign ones like the FAA and EASA licence. With the oversea licence you can work overseas as an aircraft maintenance engineer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Promotes 2,932 Senior Civil Servants / How Is Paye Calculated For Someone Working Overtime / Abia Polytechnic Sacks 258 Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.