Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters (36779 Views)

Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by ahnie: 10:02am On Dec 22, 2020
mysticwarrior:
dey there dey decieve yourself, Urhobo and Isoko wetin be the difference?
Hello oga jaguda of nairalanders...how you dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Oracleforce: 10:03am On Dec 22, 2020
I think this was the king that doesn't want to be identified with fetish culture in Warri land....because he announced that he is a born again, Christian

Only God knows what could have killed him. . Covid 19 cause is just a frameup

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by dennisworld1(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2020
SlayerForever:
He presides over Warri which is not exclusively Itsekhiri. Others should vie for the throne.
do u stay in warri at all
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by techtechh: 10:07am On Dec 22, 2020
nelsdavid:
If he is olu of itsekiri,then we should have ovie of urobo....mumu people saying nonsense have u heard of oba of Yoruba or emir of hausa...a king is name by the place or town he comes from
Someone that pays rent in Warri is the king of warri?
You are very ignorant

He is the olu of ishekiri
That is all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by techtechh: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2020
mysticwarrior:
my brother the dead king was just a figurehead, na Ayiri put am for there, na the same Ayiri they rule itsekiri people.
Sheke people are being ruled by a criminal

Lol

Wonderful
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by techtechh: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2020
dennisworld1:
do u stay in warri at all
He is right

He only lord over sheke people
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Taiwojon(m): 10:13am On Dec 22, 2020
Rip to him.

I hope he has repented from all his way that does not please the lord.

Jesus is the only way to the father.

It is appointed once to die and after this the judgement.

Make peace with God by accepting jesus to be lord and savior so that you will not be cast away.

He that had an ear let him hear what the spirit say unto the church
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by PrinceMajestic: 10:20am On Dec 22, 2020
Its very wrong to announce departure of a king that is yet to arrive bini so early. Its hard to believe, but it might be connected to gross violations of traditions of ancestors because of money, a small boy like ayiri is given a sacred title that makes him march heads of his fathers. May the great Spirits Of Kings forgive his shortcomings and accept him. Ogiame of Itsekiri
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2020
afroxyz:

It obvious you are an indomie generation that does not even know the matter let alone grasping it. Can a Yoruba/Igbo man be the Emir of Kano? Stop exposing your ignorance.

grin see this coco pops generation calling me indomie generation....

Read the post you just quoted again and hide your face in shame...... aren't we both saying same thing?? So what's the point of quoting me? I said and ijaw or orhobo man cannot be king in itsekiri land.. you say an igbo or yoruba man cannot be emir of kano.. so what's the point of quoting me..

nairaland really dey give so many ignorant fools voice... you read without comprehension and rush to comment as if you're been paid to do so... oga take your frustration to your papa house.. I dont have time for stupid people this morning.. stupidity is highly contagious and more deadly than Covid 19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by PrinceMajestic: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2020
Oracleforce:
I think this was the king that doesn't want to be identified with fetish culture in Warri land....because he announced that he is a born again, Christian

traditional stools are not meant for christians or born again whatever
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:31am On Dec 22, 2020
nelsdavid:
If he is olu of itsekiri,then we should have ovie of urobo....mumu people saying nonsense have u heard of oba of Yoruba or emir of hausa...a king is name by the place or town he comes from
if he is olu of warri .. make he go orhobo land go claim supreme ruler nah.. I no wan even talk about ijaw.. make he try am with orhobo first grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Afamed: 10:32am On Dec 22, 2020
oguns222:

Morally corrupt Fulani slave, how you set?
You are still Wailing over a dead king?
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2020
cpu2006:
What a great loose to Delta State. May his soul rest in peace
Which Delta? what concern is with olu of warri
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 22, 2020
Sammy07:

Definitely you don't know warri.

warri is divided into 3 or 4 parts.
Both the Itshekiris, Ijaws, urhobos all have their domain.
leave that guy.. he must be high

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 22, 2020
Ehya! This guy suffered a lot before becoming a king, so much oppression for him them.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2020
oyatz:

The Olu is the king of Warri.

However, the city has expanded into other areas that fall within Urbobo and Ijaw territories but the original Warri town was built on Itsekiri land.
The colonial masters recognized the Itshekiri king as the Lord of Warri.
Awolowo brought about the name olu of warri.. it is known as olu of itsekiri. And it will always remain so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:51am On Dec 22, 2020
odinga1of:

Not every info internet/Nairaland will give you Oga.

Stop disgracing yourself, Olu of Itsekiri is for the Itsekiris in Warri South LGA (Shared by Itsekiris and Urhobo)

No Ijaw in Warri South.

Even you know nothing about warri.. you're as ignorant as the writer you quoted up there.. I guess ogbu ijaw.. gbaramatu and the rest are warri north.. smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Mrhonesty: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2020
Fools everywhere.

SlayerForever:
Why is his name sounding somehow: Ikenwoli. Anyways the next king should come from Ijaw. Itsekhiri can't have it all the time. Ijaw should strongly consider pushing for the stool.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by bigfish3k: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2020
valirex:

Attachee by force undecided
Didn't you use force to attach yourself to the igbos in 1967?
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Lastmankc(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2020
Nah look for heads to buried the guy
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by benzion72(m): 10:58am On Dec 22, 2020
The Olu joined his ansector and not killed by any Covidbiz or whatever
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by anochuko01(m): 11:04am On Dec 22, 2020
ahnie:

Nice meeting you ochuko.
cheers!
All the best
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Efewestern: 11:08am On Dec 22, 2020
bigfish3k:

Never in history has the Itsekiri's attached to Igbo or Eastern Nigeria, during the 1960's they were in Mid-western Nigeria alongside their sister tribes and during the 1967 war, they never partook until the Midwest invasion when they rallied to gain control of their seized territory.

Their language is a hybrid of Edo-Urhobo-Yoruba, so the OP's claim that the Olu is somehow related to Igbo is wrong, infact for you to be crowned OLU of Itsekiri, your mother must be either Itsekiri, Edo or Yoruba.

This news about his dismiss hasn't been confirmed yet but if this happens to be true, may his soul rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by valirex: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2020
bigfish3k:
I don't attach myself to the igbos nor do my people
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by AreaFada2: 11:22am On Dec 22, 2020
georgeakins:

Pls, what is the meaning of IYATESERE?
Iyatsere has its origin in Benin as Iyase.

It means "with this I surpass you all". It was created by the Oba of Benin centuries ago to checkmate the senior elders or Uzama when they were exercising their clout a bit too much.
It became the Prime minister and commander of Royal Army. Though chief Ezomo became the battlefield commander as Iyase did more administrative duties.

Over hundred years before the first prime minister in Europe was created. Cardinal de Richelieu by the King of France.

When in 1480 Prince Ginuwa left Benin to become Lord or Ruler of the Seas (Ogiame), junior sons of the chiefs of Benin went with him as part of his new royal court in Ode itsekhiri.

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by bigfish3k: 11:23am On Dec 22, 2020
valirex:

I don't attach myself to the igbos nor do my people
Except your tribesmen didn't join to fight the war of forceful attachment to the igbos in 1967
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by AreaFada2: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2020
Oracleforce:

That was Ogiame Atuwatse Il. That Ogiame passed away soon after that saga in 2015. This is his junior brother who replaced him in 2015.

Obafemi Awolowo died weeks after attending coronation of Atuwatse II in 1987. Not saying it had any thing to do with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by valirex: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2020
bigfish3k:

Except your tribesmen didn't join to fight the war of forceful attachment to the igbos in 1967

lol bro, I ain't one of those tribes that partly see themselves as Igbo. I am also not against your Biafra, I only asked if you lots will stand and fight.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by morinto: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2020
nelsdavid:
Remember ithshekiri are still minority in warri. Was just a way that awolowo use to punish urohobo by calling him olu of warri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2020
SlayerForever:
He presides over Warri which is not exclusively Itsekhiri. Others should vie for the throne.
Your far from Delta state and how kings are installed in Delta state. Kingship in Delta state are mostly inherited, they don't contest for it, except few occasions when the king goes astray in areas of marriage. Then the kingship may likely be moved to his immediate brother instead of his son, whose mother is not from the kingdom.
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by hotseat: 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
He was a man of peace.

His reign, though short, he always sued for peace between his Itsekiri people and their neighbours.

For some time now, there hasn't been any inter-communal clashes in Warri metropolis largely due to his philosophy of live and let others live.

The next Olu must borrow a leaf from him.

Adieu, Ogiamen Ikenwoli!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Race Of The Ancient Egyptians / Calabar Carnival 2013 [Live] / Ooni Ogunwusi Battles Recession With Aje Festival (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.