Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters (36818 Views)

Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / Kyari El-Kanemi, Shehu Of Bama, Died Of Coronavirus Disease - Sahara Reporters / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by valirex: 10:35am On Dec 23, 2020
CountLaka:
No one will miss me... My two kids �� will not
I know
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by PHijo(m): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
SlayerForever:
Why is his name sounding somehow: Ikenwoli. Anyways the next king should come from Ijaw. Itsekhiri can't have it all the time. Ijaw should strongly consider pushing for the stool.

As Ijaw people we don't need their stool. The argument has always been on the title Awolowo gave the Itsekiri monarchy. It is not supposed to be Olu of Warri, it is supposed to be Olu of Itsekiri. They old title should be restored.

Ironically Warri is even coined out of an Ijaw word, Wari. Which means house or home.

Nonetheless I think as neighbours the Urhobo, Ijaw and Itsekiri should do all in their power to promote peace, cooperation and avoid violence against themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by ogbonti: 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
Psalmy2cute:

What are you saying.. olu of warri is just a title.. it doesnt mean he is the king of warri... there are other kings in orhobo and ijaw land residing in same warri.. ignorance is a disease.. and why would ijaw push to be a king to the itsekiri people? Smh

you have Oba of Benin

and within the Benin metropolis, you have

small small kwe kwe dukes like

Enogie of Eyaen, Enogie of Obayantor

these are surburbs of Benin and it doesn’t

diminish the power and influence of the Oba

over the whole area- which is the Benin Kingdom

same with the Olu of Warri

all those Ogbe- Ijaw, Agbassa, Ugbolokposo,

Ifie, Ogunu, Effurun, Udu and others are

surburbs of warri and they have their Dukes

but the Olu of Warri is the big tymer in the area

and the ONLY recognized First class paramount

ruler - the rest are kwe kwe sumo sumo chiefs grin
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by Psalmy2cute(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
ogbonti:

you have Oba of Benin

and within the Benin metropolis, you have

small small kwe kwe dukes like

Enogie of Eyaen, Enogie of Obayantor

these are surburbs of Benin and it doesn’t

diminish the power and influence of the Oba

over the whole area- which is the Benin Kingdom

same with the Olu of Warri

all those Ogbe- Ijaw, Agbassa, Ugbolokposo,

Ifie, Ogunu, Effurun, Udu and others are

surburbs of warri and they have their Dukes

but the Olu of Warri is the big tymer in the area

and the ONLY recognized First class paramount

ruler - the rest are kwe kwe sumo sumo chiefs grin
You can continue to tell yourself that to make yourself feel better..... I dont argue ignoramous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by ogbonti: 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2021
Psalmy2cute:
if he is olu of warri .. make he go orhobo land go claim supreme ruler nah.. I no wan even talk about ijaw.. make he try am with orhobo first grin grin

so because there are muslim arabs all over Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and all over Israel means Israel is no longer a jewish state ? So because there are Urhobos at Agbassa (which is a quarter in Warri) or Udumusobo (Urhobo quarters) therefore the customary owners of the land (the Itsekiris) should vacate for the tenants (Urhobos) because the settlers are breeding like roaches ?

This case was settled in the 1990’s when the Late Chief Gani Fawehinmi representing the Itsekiris against the irascible and ignorant late Chief Benjamin Okumagba - the bombastic and loquacious Otota of Okere-Urhobo clan.

That was settled in a law court of the federal republic of Nigeria and the Itsekiris won with the title “OLU OF WARRI” put in the national gazette

so what are e-rats and e-warriors doing here trying so hard to emotionally re-write history?

1 Like

Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by ogbonti: 5:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Efewestern:

Never in history has the Itsekiri's attached to Igbo or Eastern Nigeria, during the 1960's they were in Mid-western Nigeria alongside their sister tribes and during the 1967 war, they never partook until the Midwest invasion when they rallied to gain control of their seized territory.

Their language is a hybrid of Edo-Urhobo-Yoruba, so the OP's claim that the Olu is somehow related to Igbo is wrong, infact for you to be crowned OLU of Itsekiri, your mother must be either Itsekiri, Edo or Yoruba.

This news about his dismiss hasn't been confirmed yet but if this happens to be true, may his soul rest in peace.

you are high on dry sh i t- please tell me one single word in Itsekiri that relates to Urhobo ?

it’s not only are you trying to snatch the warri throne from the itsekiris but you want to falsely create your own hybrid language of Itsekiri as partly urhobo - hmmmm amremor oghene grin
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by ogbonti: 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
Psalmy2cute:

You can continue to tell yourself that to make yourself feel better..... I dont argue ignoramous

the matter you trying so hard to tr-litigate here has been settled in court - IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE DECISION GO HUG TRANSFORMER

The “OLU OF WARRI” - is the official title in the gazette of the Federal Republic of Nigeria - and even our President Buhari recognizes Ogiame Ikenwoli as the Olu of Warri

When Goodluck Jonathan, an Ijaw man was president of Nigeria, he recognized the Title “OLU OF WARRI” and even visited Ogiame Atuwatse II in his palace in warri to pay homage.

so frustrated people - stop flogging a dead horse

The claim of ownership by Urhobo and Ijaw over Warri is dead and buried and you all should stop all this foolishness

yeye nonesense grin
Re: Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters by ogbonti: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2021
Psalmy2cute:

you can’t insult your way to the truth - you have to prove your case.. if you can’t, then you are biggest ignoramus grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

... / Moment Omoba Tsola Emiko Was Crowned As 21st Olu of Warri / Ooni Ogunwusi Battles Recession With Aje Festival (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.