Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,805 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress (4232 Views)

FG v ASUU: Members who joined the strike Not Entitled To Salaries, Court Rules / Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress / Finally ASUU Has Suspended The Ongoing Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by Adonis86(m): 11:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
I was in school today for ASUU Chapter meeting on the strike. After we were seated and the meeting commenced. Deliberations were made in the ongoing industrial action, which was the only Agendum of the meeting. The deliberation lasted for about three hours, which almost ended in deadlock. This was because, the Federal Government's negotiation Team conspired and put everyone under house arrest. They brought out a form, locked up all the entry and exit points in the venue, asked everyone present to fill the form and agree to end the strike unconditionally.

This tirade did not go down well with most of us, especially myself as a young and radical Lecturer. I refused to complete the form, but unfortunately even the Chapter leadership of ASUU in my school signed in concordance with the government's dictate.

It's so unfortunate that, it has gotten to this point at which our political leaders should compel staff to go back to work at gunpoint. Even those I expected to revolt were the first to complete the form. I still come to agree with one of my lecturers who says,"... Beyond what is stated, lies what is not stated".

Thus, ASUU suspended the strike today in all their chapters nationwide.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by duduade: 12:26am On Dec 22, 2020
I can now understand why your HOD and the rest never wanted you in the first place

Radical my foot

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by TeacherAnas: 12:32am On Dec 22, 2020
I want this joker to continue joking his jokes for 600 jokening years.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by heykims(m): 1:24am On Dec 22, 2020
For more jokes, send adonis86 to 419.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by Legendforte: 1:34am On Dec 22, 2020
hmm... where is this news coming from now?
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by exynos(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Adonis86:
I was in school today for ASUU Chapter meeting on the strike. After we were seated and the meeting commenced. Deliberations were made in the ongoing industrial action, which was the only Agendum of the meeting. The deliberation lasted for about three hours, which almost ended in deadlock. This was because, the Federal Government's negotiation Team conspired and put everyone under house arrest. They brought out a form, locked up all the entry and exit points in the venue, asked everyone present to fill the form and agree to end the strike unconditionally.

This tirade did not go down well with most of us, especially myself as a young and radical Lecturer. I refused to complete the form, but unfortunately even the Chapter leadership of ASUU in my school signed in concordance with the government's dictate.

It's so unfortunate that, it has gotten to this point at which our political leaders should compel staff to go back to work at gunpoint. Even those I expected to revolt were the first to complete the form. I still come to agree with one of my lecturers who says,"... Beyond what is stated, lies what is not stated".

I don't know why but i had a good laugh after reading this.
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by Ayhisha(f): 7:31am On Dec 22, 2020
Werey grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by Jman06(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2020
You're so heartless for wanting the strike to continue!

Your type shouldn't be anywhere near the University system.

Thank you.
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by Goldp5988(f): 8:11am On Dec 22, 2020
Are you saying students should go back to today or what?

Look there's time for everything
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by projectreserve2: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2020
I don't even know whether to laugh or frank at this your post grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by OLUROCKS(m): 8:38am On Dec 22, 2020
genius in disguise
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by chinecherem97974: 8:45am On Dec 22, 2020
You're so heartless for wanting the strike to continue!Your type shouldn't be anywhere near the University system. Thank you.
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by Ezenwa12345(m): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2020
You're a mumu man
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
It's okay.. Bro come lemme whisper something to you....
E B LIKE SAY YOU WAN MAKE I SWEAR FOR YOU BRODA
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by alawiiyeyoruba1: 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2020
Suspend wetin undecided undecided undecided undecided

Even with evolving trends of fashion, one of the few things that haven’t changed is the act of wearing caps in Yoruba land, wearing of cap has a unique way of completing and beautifying the traditional attire you are putting on hence the popular saying that ‘’Your styling isn’t …………......... read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/yoruba-caps-fila/
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2020
Adonis86:

Lool...this Is what ASUU need self
Re: Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress by PAWG(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
End strike under duress? I don’t think it’s ASUU you’re talking about, her your facts right

(1) (Reply)

Do you know this fraudster? / OgaCampaign announces Winners for SME30 Challenge, Kicks off Golden Kid Contest / Chinese Are Sending Their Men To Have Babies With African Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.