Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress (12711 Views)

Breaking: ASUU Just Suspended The Strike Today Under Duress / FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn / ASUU STRIKE: We Have Reached Agreement With Lecturers – FG (see Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by AAA593: 7:38am On Dec 10, 2021
The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Education, Sonny Echono, on Thursday said most of the agreements reached with the Academic Staff Union of Universities were under duress.

Echono stated this during a retreat organised by the governing council of the University of Abuja.

ASUU and the Federal Government have constantly been engaged in tussles over the latter’s failure to meet some of the demands put forward by ASUU.

Echono said, “I have heard so much about the fact that the government has failed to honour the agreements with ASUU. I have a different view about that because most of these agreements are imperfect.

“If somebody comes to my house and puts a gun to my head, I might agree to everything because those agreements are signed under duress. If you want to introduce obligations or responsibilities on their part, they will insist you cannot.”

Meanwhile sources on Thursday told our correspondent that ASUU would decide whether to go on strike or not following the end of its scheduled zonal conferences on December 15, 2021.

In a document obtained by The PUNCH, it was gathered that the meetings would take place between December 9 and December 15 in Abuja, Nsukka, Ibadan, Yola, Benin, Akure, Lagos, Bauchi, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Sokoto and Kano.

The source added that the decision to go on strike would depend on the outcome of the zonal press briefings.
https://punchng.com/fg-reached-agreement-with-ASUU-under-duress/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by benuejosh: 7:42am On Dec 10, 2021
ASUU is just making noise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Baawaa(m): 7:43am On Dec 10, 2021
ASUU had betrayed themselves, nothing like under duress.Their leaders sold them out

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by LibertyRep: 7:44am On Dec 10, 2021
Under duress?
Like ASUU put a gun their heads to sign the agreement?

56 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by inoki247: 8:06am On Dec 10, 2021
But to colet loan dey easy for u people...

But for you to give education more attention don turn under duress...

And this new ASUU guy sef e b laik say e wan dey useless Biodun no dey waste time e laik strike laik aboki laik kolanut...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by JavaScript9091: 8:19am On Dec 10, 2021
The government is very evil. Nigerians should understand that without ASUU university education will be like some government primary school with chairless classrooms and leaking roof. Paid government urchins will soon come and attack ASUU and blame ASUU for strikes which is caused by federal government inability to stick to agreement.

Baawaa:
ASUU has betrayed themselves, nothing like under duress
This is one of the government agents I am talking about. He didn't even read the original article but has jumped to defend the government.
Buhari government is very insincere and full of blackmail. Hey, I am a full stack web and app developer developing custom solutions for businesses and startups. If you are a real estate agent you can checkout the link in my signature. My contacts are on my profile

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by BigSarah(f): 8:32am On Dec 10, 2021
grin a whole FG placed under duress, who knows how much of our sovereignty they've given to China Under duress as well...

FG giving Nigerians the benefits of good governance

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by SirLakes: 8:32am On Dec 10, 2021
Brace up..... strike is comiiiiiiiiiiiing....in Jon Snow's voice grin

1 Like

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by olaboy33(m): 8:32am On Dec 10, 2021
Just what have we not heard under baba baby government..

4 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Bacteria8: 8:33am On Dec 10, 2021
ASUU: oya sign this thing

FG: No, we won't sign it

ASUU: If you don't sign it we will kill you mother, rape your wive and kidnap your children. Now sign it !!!

FG: *crying* ok we will sign it.

ASUU: Now you are talking, you dumbass

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Crusadee: 8:33am On Dec 10, 2021
Fotto

1 Like

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by tstx(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2021
Okay
Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by MrTee28(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2021
grin grin. FG held by the balls by ASSU.

NB:
Where is ? Or has he finally resigned from BMC

1 Like

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Wisejohnson47(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2021
I don't believe it, do you mean it?�
Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:34am On Dec 10, 2021
The problems of Nigeria and to a greater part whole of Africa is misplaced priorities.

We don't know how to use money, we are only interested in spending money.

This things ASUU are demanding for are things that if properly implemented would change the learning experiences of undergraduates.

The govt complains of unemployable graduates but would do nothing to change that narrative.

You can spend money to travel out of your country to go and enjoy the work another politician did for his country just to rub it it the noses of your neighbors.

I can boldly say that About 30 of the 36 elected governors have done no meaningful project for their states, no new roads, not even fixing old ones, erosion ravaging everywhere, light is an issue. The only thing they are good at is to collect taxes

Africa is indeed coursed with bad and incompetent leaders

10 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Passionate888: 8:35am On Dec 10, 2021
Buhari and apc sabi deny agreements made to people and organisations. What apc cannot deny doesn't exist angry

6 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by realisticwise: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2021
Must govt and ASUU quarrel every 3 months? Can't they comply with agreement as civilized as they are?

2 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Articul8(m): 8:36am On Dec 10, 2021
No wonder University of Ghana is already in Nigeria doing advert for admission. I was shocked when I heard it on Raypower. That is how unreliable our government have made our higher institutions, making these small boys in Benin Republic do anyhow. Education to the dogs embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Lovenorth: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2021
Reading
Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by pickatyouu: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2021
See gobe
Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by kennykruzmason: 8:38am On Dec 10, 2021
Wahala be like oxygen
Very Easy to breathe in

They want to ignite a fresh strike action.
Very silly representative
Under duress
Was the negotiation at gun point or knife dey ASUU hand

2 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by adioolayi(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2021
See Nonsense talk

2 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Judolisco(m): 8:40am On Dec 10, 2021
If somebody comes to my house and puts a gun to my head, I might agree to everything because those agreements are signed under duress.
Brace up hommies ASUU dey definitely go strike... Thank God say na msc I kuku dey run

1 Like

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by jaxxy(m): 8:41am On Dec 10, 2021
They will come out and deny this after receiving backlash like they did for no December salary memo. grin

Yeye people grin

3 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Seniorwriter(m): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2021
SMH.

We need vote in young competent leaders come 2023 to avoid all these nonsense!

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Franklyspeakin: 8:42am On Dec 10, 2021
There isn't a type of shame or embarrassment buhari fg will not bring us

2 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by petsey(m): 8:44am On Dec 10, 2021
Lol...
Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by kay7: 8:45am On Dec 10, 2021
Though not in our culture, all those who signed the agreement under duress must resign under duress.

2 Likes

Re: Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress by Nahunger(m): 8:47am On Dec 10, 2021
cheesy
Wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Commissions Solar ICT Centers For Kogi Primary Schools / Can English Article (An) Be Used For Happy? / 2016/2017 KUST WUDIL Post-utme Online Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.