Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery (5819 Views)

Person Use Him Money Do Borehole, You Dey Beef Am - Rufai Slams Obi's Critics / Sky News Describes Peter Obi As The 'Antidote To Big Man-ism' / The Black Nepa Sango Statue @ Marina Lagos Is Wearing A New Look! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by TaiKuun(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
my gen get battery charger, but I don't think it has enough power to charge a 48v setup. Asides, that, I don't think I will be using gen to charge batteries directly cause logistically speaking, it is not convenient.

For you to say that you have never your battery charger on your gen's output current, it means that NEPA is good in the area you stay.

boyjo:

Since when I do this UPS thing in September or October, I never on gen o

But if I ON Gen, I don't think I will.
Because I no wan hear say anything happen to that battery charger. I no just dey adventurous with any of these new things wey I just buy.

I cannot buy any of the things wey I just buy now again, by GOD's grace. All their price don shoot up.

But there is this DC battery cable that comes with a new gen, and there is a DC socket on the gen where you can plug this cable to to charge your batteries (which is DC itself).
Please note, na only DC plug you fit chook there o, otherwise the plug fit blow come spoil the gen socket join.
Because person like me fit go chook AC plug diagrin

So if I ever need to charge with gen, na to use that DC socket on the gen for 5mins or thereabout rather than my battery charger.

If you wan experiment shagrin just put some money aside in case of incasity.
How you see am?
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by boyjo: 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
TaiKuun:
my gen get battery charger, but I don't think it has enough power to charge a 48v setup. Asides, that, I don't think I will be using gen to charge batteries directly cause logistically speaking, it is not convenient.

For you to say that you have never your battery charger on your gen's output current, it means that NEPA is good in the area you stay.

You mean 24V setup?

Well, so far so good.
Some times we can go a week with no light.Them dey bring light atleast once in two to three days since this Christmas sha.

Your gen dey fluctuate, or surge once in a while? That is what I will be watching out for if I will ever try gen.
I wish person wey don try am go fit give us gist.
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by TaiKuun(m): 8:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Do you use a solar charger?

If no, then how do you charge since your light is not consistent.

boyjo:

You mean 24V setup?

Well, so far so good.
Some times we can go a week with no light.Them dey bring light atleast once in two to three days since this Christmas sha.

Your gen dey fluctuate, or surge once in a while? That is what I will be watching out for if I will ever try gen.
I wish person wey don try am go fit give us gist.

Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by BastardWike: 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nice concept my brother.
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by boyjo: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
TaiKuun:
Do you use a solar charger?

If no, then how do you charge since your light is not consistent.

My battery big. 200AH. You remember say
I talk say I close eye buy a bigger battery.
So e dey last. But na only one unit sha.
Plus I use it for only light in the evenings.

I was tempted to switch on TV on it one day, but I had to stay "focused".

So because I use the battery only for light, the battery dey carry me for daysss...till when NEPA head correct.

Yes, I come later buy solar panel; 50watts.
One.
But e no reach

So, I add a new 50watts solar panel monthly if I can manage.
I need, atleast, 150watts i.e 3 units if 50watts solar panels in parallel to fashie NEPA; if them like make them take their light for one month.

I am just saying this as a form of encouragement.

One no need to get all the money first to begin a project.

Just dey buy the things wey you need small small, one at a time. One day, everything go complete.

I dey get ready to laugh NEPA. Very soon.
Them no fit threaten me again lie lie.

The month wey I buy the first 50Watts monocrystalline solar panel, it was 15k on Jumia. But right now, that same one is 19k.
E pain me o but I go just close eye complete am 3. The panel that is.

How far your second battery?
You don buy am or you wan wait for that charger first?
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by TaiKuun(m): 3:36am On Dec 29, 2020
I get two UPS, asides the 1.2kva, but na 650va and e dey electrician house.

I never buy that second battery cause I never get money since that day.

I'll surely buy the second battery before the battery charger I ordered arrive from Jumia next year.

If I eventually buy a 200AH next year, I'll move the two batteries in parallel to the small UPS.

As for solar panels, I think I should be able to afford them next year too but installation na im go con be issue.

Na you install your own yourself?

boyjo:

So because I use the battery only for light, the battery dey carry me for daysss...till when NEPA head correct.

One.
But e no reach

I need, atleast, 150watts i.e 3 units if 50watts solar panels in parallel to fashie NEPA; if them like make them take their light for one month.

Just dey buy the things wey you need small small, one at a time. One day, everything go complete.

The month wey I buy the first 50Watts monocrystalline solar panel, it was 15k on Jumia. But right now, that same one is 19k.

Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by TaiKuun(m): 3:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Also, I wan ask this question.

After buying solar panels, you go need charge controller bah?

And again, why you no just buy 150w Monocrystalline Solar panels instead of buying 3pcs of 50w. 150w mono solar panel na like 23 - 30k

boyjo:

One.
But e no reach

Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by boyjo: 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
TaiKuun:
I get two UPS, asides the 1.2kva, but na 650va and e dey electrician house.

I never buy that second battery cause I never get money since that day.

I'll surely buy the second battery before the battery charger I ordered arrive from Jumia next year.

If I eventually buy a 200AH next year, I'll move the two batteries in parallel to the small UPS.

As for solar panels, I think I should be able to afford them next year too but installation na im go con be issue.

Na you install your own yourself?

Yes, na me install am myself.

Abeg, do quick repair that 650VA UPS.
I get beef for series connectiongrin

If you use that 200AH on that 650VA UPS, you go enjoy am.

1 Like

Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by boyjo: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
TaiKuun:
Also, I wan ask this question.

After buying solar panels, you go need charge controller bah?

And again, why you no just buy 150w Monocrystalline Solar panels instead of buying 3pcs of 50w. 150w mono solar panel na like 23 - 30k

Ah! Solar charge controller is a must o.
After the solar panels, na the only thing wey I buy join am.
The installation is so so easy.

My broda, as at that time when I wan buy the panel, na the 335W Suntech solar panel just dey my mind.
It was N80k!
And you know say na around that time I wan buy battery too.

6 units of 50Watts panel, was giving me N90k. So I just reason say instead of make I strain myself remove 80k once, make I dey buy am small small, after all, the over price no too different.

But I also realised that I would be using up more space and cable.
I guess it was the price to pay.

Lol, so Jumia do you that January thing ehn?

1 Like

Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by TaiKuun(m): 5:38am On Dec 30, 2020
Me sef don reason am like that. Thanks.

Even if e no later work, I fot go buy another one.
boyjo:

Yes, na me install am myself.

Abeg, do quick repair that 650VA UPS.
I get beef for series connectiongrin

If you use that 200AH on that 650VA UPS, you go enjoy am.
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by TaiKuun(m): 5:39am On Dec 30, 2020
Wow. Thanks for the insight, but me I'll rather just buy a single big solar panel instead of connecting two in parallel. I no rush. This thing na longterm project
boyjo:

My broda, as at that time when I wan buy the panel, na the 335W Suntech solar panel just dey my mind.
It was N80k!

6 units of 50Watts panel, was giving me N90k. So I just reason say instead of make I strain myself remove 80k once, make I dey buy am small small, after all, the over price no too different.

Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by africanman85: 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2021
boyjo:

It was N80k!

Can I use a car battery for this setup?
Won't it explode ? How long will it last with laptop and how can I charge it with solar ? I have solar panel.
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by boyjo: 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
africanman85:
Can I use a car battery for this setup?
Won't it explode ? How long will it last with laptop and how can I charge it with solar ? I have solar panel.

Yes I started with car battery.

To know how long your set up will last with any plugged devices use this formulae

Battery rating: 12V 36AH for example.

Just go ahead and multiply.
Power=IV=12*36=432w

What is the input power of your laptop battery? It is stated with W attached to the number or as input voltage ana current or as mah.

E.g laptop battery input is 100w

432w/100w
=~4

Something like that sha, I don't forget the calculation.

4 hours no long o.
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by MasterPDON: 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2021
E be like say this guy graduate first class from electrical engineering. I do small electrical for my course but I don forget P = IV.

Jokes aside, this thread has been enlightening for me. I have a 1.5kva bluegate ups, which is working fine, but only lasts for maybe 2 minutes after power is cut. It's enough time to shut down my PC, but I'd like to upgrade the battery of the UPS to last 3hrs or more.

My PC uses a 550W power supply, but I know it's not using all the 550W. It's hard to calculate exactly how much it uses because there are several components. I just need a battery that can back up the pc and the monitor (just those 2, I don't even care about fan) for 3 or more hours.

My budget is 100k. What do you suggest? Please drop your number if you don't mind so I can chat you up on Whatsapp. My email is masterpdon@gmail.com.
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by boyjo: 3:56am On Jan 08, 2022
MasterPDON:
E be like say this guy graduate first class from electrical engineering. I do small electrical for my course but I don forget P = IV.

Jokes aside, this thread has been enlightening for me. I have a 1.5kva bluegate ups, which is working fine, but only lasts for maybe 2 minutes after power is cut. It's enough time to shut down my PC, but I'd like to upgrade the battery of the UPS to last 3hrs or more.

My PC uses a 550W power supply, but I know it's not using all the 550W. It's hard to calculate exactly how much it uses because there are several components. I just need a battery that can back up the pc and the monitor (just those 2, I don't even care about fan) for 3 or more hours.

My budget is 100k. What do you suggest? Please drop your number if you don't mind so I can chat you up on Whatsapp. My email is masterpdon@gmail.com.
See if you can get 150ah, or 100ah for that price, Battery. 200ah is best
Deep cycle
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by oweniwe(m): 10:23am On Sep 24, 2022
Nice thread
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by Collinz2(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
boyjo:

See if you can get 150ah, or 100ah for that price, Battery. 200ah is best
Deep cycle
I get bluegate 650 ups for my PS4 so if I buy larger battery e get any way to connect am to the ups make e be say when light off the battery go pick automatically just like the normal ups battery while the ups dey on and connected to power and make e no dey charge also.

As in when the ups dey on and connected to power and if light go off make e enter battery mode automatically

na watin I mean
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by oweniwe(m): 2:21pm On Sep 25, 2023
boyjo:

Yes I started with car battery.

My fear is the UPS getting over heated because sometimes there used to be sudden power surge from battery that will make the wires get hot.
Re: Nepa:you Dey Suffer Yourself If You Get UPS And You No Connect Am To Big Battery by Assetosky(m): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2023
3 years old thread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano VAT Contribution Is More Than All States In South East Combined / Arab Billionaires Bows To Shake Peter Obi At Senator Barau's Son Wedding / Meet The Man Who Tamed Nigeria's Most Lawless City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.