Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,957 members, 7,814,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

The Savior Of Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Savior Of Apc (231 Views)

Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? / A country that needs a savior / TBT: When Sahara Reporters Thought Buhari Was The Savior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Savior Of Apc by TheRareGem1(f): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
The world over, Christians are eagerly awaiting the nativity of the savior promised since the times of the Isaiah. Although it is agreed that the 25th of December is a mere celebration of the remembrance of the birthday of the Messiah, the event is so universal that it is celebrated by other faiths as part of the holiday season that includes the New Years, which is a week after.

When the Vanguard newspaper published an article asking if Prof. Osinbajo can help the APC, I realized that Christmas came early for the ruling party; had Vice President Yemi Osinbajo not spoken up at the party’s NEC, it would not be a case of whether he could help, rather if he could salvage the party. The expectations are that the unfairly disbanded members would have sought redress in court.

There is constant wrangling in parties, the PDP has had its fair share, but the conflagration that Prof. Osinbajo averted all the ingredients to have combusted the party internally is one that has left members of the party happy. With the National Congress coming up in 2021 and the erstwhile party structure still in play although in a caretaker capacity, there are no new intrigues, and hostilities are simply what they were.

This will not be the first time the Vice President has utilised his savior skills though. We are still mindful of the time he averted a humanitarian crisis in the IDP camps by utilizing an executive decree and was able to ensure that food could reach those who needed it to prevent a starvation.

Surely I am not the only one who recalls a time when the Niger Delta was a constant battle ground between the military and the indigenes over illegal bunkering and kidnapping of expatriates, it took the intervention of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, who during the negotiations approved the construction of modular refineries among other things to finally bring about the peace we are still enjoying today.

In the Southwest, when the cases of kidnappings and highway robberies were becoming too rampant, Prof Osinbajo met with various traditional rulers and even invited them to meet with President Buhari where they were beheld to ensure that they played a greater part in ensuring that peace reigned in their various domains.

When the issue of Amotekun reached a stand-off between the Attorney General of the Federation and the State Governors of South-Western states, it was still Prof. Osinbajo that saved the day with his sagacious legal mind.

He is held in uttermost regards by various Northern Emirates and even the Sultan of Sokoto has praised him in the past;
“He has great leadership given to him by the Lord God Almighty. It is a trust and responsibility and he is here in his capacity as VP and we invited him to give the key note speech as VP of Nigeria and he accepted”.

“I love the way you managed the country when the President was away, I love how you go around the country trying to make peace.” Emir of Gwandu

“You are the most trustworthy Vice President Nigeria ever had and you always have the interest on Nigeria on your mind” Emir of Daura

At the height of the dispute in Kano state between His Excellencies; Governor Ganduje and Sanusi Lamido, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on the 13th of January, 2020, brought both men together to mediate for peace and when the center could no longer hold, the former Emir had to go on exile in Lafia.

The Emir of Lafia has since then had the following to say about Prof. Osinbajo after conferring upon him the title of MadagunJihar Nasarawa. (Captain and Leader)
“As from today, you are captain of Nasarawa state and as you pilot the affairs of Nigeria, you also pilot the affairs of Nasarawa state, and we will continue to follow you as our leader and captain.”

We could go on and on and while Prof. Osinbajo is no Jesus, he has shown himself more than being a capable savior of not just the APC, but Nigeria as a whole.

Nicholas Adesina, writes in from Ibadan
Re: The Savior Of Apc by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nice write up, APC doesn't have any option than to pick the best man which Prof Yemi Osinbajo as their presidential candidate to 2023 general election. The man has work hard and he has everything to make Nigeria great again.
Re: The Savior Of Apc by TheRareGem1(f): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2020
That illegal bunkering ; how it ends still baffles me, a friend of mine who resides in Delta explained to me how the VP Osinbajo made an unprecedented move that ends oil bombing and bunkering then how he was able to get a lot done when he was acting is still marvels me
Re: The Savior Of Apc by Thunder1010: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
He demonstrated this savior skills when he was the acting president of this country, in fact he performed beyond expectations. With this, Osinbajo is not only a savior to APC alone but to the country as a whole.
Re: The Savior Of Apc by okefranci: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
The only man I know to paddle the APC canoe come 2023 is professor Yemi Osinbajo
Re: The Savior Of Apc by Joyce95: 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2020
Only person and the man I know that can lift up APC is Profile Yemi Osinbajo
Re: The Savior Of Apc by IKUBABAYEYE001: 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
If truly APC wants stability within it's ranks then now is the time for them to put a person like Professor Osinbajo in the Fore front of Conflict resolution. Every member of the Party seems to respect his intellect and personality

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Yet To Return To Office, 11 Days After ‘7-day Visit To Daura’ / Again Sowore, Others Arrested In Abuja / 2021: Year To Calm Down, And Wail Less - By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.