Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? (336 Views)

Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / 2019:My credentials are With the Millitary.Buhari tells INEC. / Biafra:here Is Where The Millitary Dump The Body Of Killed Young Biafran@pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by Kapeter(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2023
This is really funny to me. I saw a post that was credited to one of the junta leader, i think that of Mali or so saying all the sweet words as usual. But then it's the most ridiculous thing on the internet to see. I mean these military guys are the reason why many African countries are unnecessarily poor, impoverished many citizens with their useless decrees and steal, loot and nothing else. They turn around to call the democratically elected politicians puppet in the hands of the Western worlds but many of them are worse than puppets. The Nigerien for example are claiming that President Bazzoum is a puppet of France but they themselves are already running helter skelter to form alliance with Wagner group and i'm sure they will sign more useless contract with other mercenaries from all around the world trying to protect their useless interest.

Who killed Thomas Sankara and loot the hell out of Burkina Faso treasury, Abachas looted funds would have done so much for Nigeria as at the time it was looted but hey Abacha would have been back or sponsored his guys and tell me democratically elected president is the most corrupt thing on earth while his own decrees would have saved me. These guys destroy Africa nations, nothing else you can tell me. Days ago NLC protested against Tinubus government that the FG had to call them and made thousands of promises to look into why they were protesting, the other lady that did something similar in Mali is in prison right now. But the military are the best thing after slice bread.

Nigerias problem started right after the first coup, Western Nigeria was really progressing same as Northern Nigeria, raising many millionaires through theiur groundnut farming and many, there were plenty job opportunities all across the mid west and the eastern Nigeria oil companies but immediately the first coup happened the whole thing became glory of the past. The military is the reason Nigeria is like this today, The country would have been in a better place.

Even though i do not support war from ECOMOG, Let their be more suffocation from sanctions. Russia they are depending on is a very good friend of South Africa as per both are member of BRICS and NIgeria is also looking to join and then the Russia-Africa thing the Russians are trying to build i doubt they would want to jettison all that for some rogues. Just let AU and ECOWAS give more sanctions and the junta countries be totally cut off and isolated. They are not one of us untill they return democratically elected leaders.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by Kapeter(m): 11:45am On Aug 05, 2023
Long read. Sorry i mostly type from my computer so i hardly notice what it's become of it until after posting it. Make una nor vex.

In summary sha, all i wrote there is that the coupists are not the savior and in fact are the major reasons why many African countries are poor and entirely underdeveloped today because they are bigger thieves and are corruption personified than the democratically elected leaders that we can vote out every four years except few places unlike the military that'd rather die in power and you can't protest or condemn any of their useless decree, you'll be dead in seconds.

They are not the saviors African need, they are not the messiah we need, they are not the alternative to our corrupt democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 05, 2023
Interesting read...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by favor914: 11:49am On Aug 05, 2023
Kapeter:
Long read. Sorry i mostly type from my computer so i hardly notice what it's become of it until after posting it. Make una nor vex.

In summary sha, all i wrote there is that the coupists are not the savior and in fact are the major reasons why many African countries are poor and entirely underdeveloped today because they are bigger thieves and are corruption personified than the democratically elected leaders that we can vote out every four years except few places unlike the military that'd rather die in power and you can't protest or condemn any of their useless decree, you'll be dead in seconds.

They are not the saviors African need, they are not the messiah we need, they are not the alternative to our corrupt democracy.
Speak no more, you have said the truth, Obidients like Racoon & Penguin2 clamoring for Military rule, should come & learn something new.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by Kapeter(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2023
favor914:
Speak no more, you have said the truth, Obidients like Racoon & Penguin2 clamoring for Military rule, should come & learn something new.
It's bigger than obidient to the aforementioned actually. Their fore fathers were not obidients remember but they too somehow stood for everything that's against what Nigeria stood for in the past too. It's somehow generational for both of them somehow so it's bigger than just being obidient. I can bet the two generations to come would take same stand. Anything against Nigeria since they lost control has always been the anthem and their stand. So it's never been about obidient.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by BigBlackPreek(m): 11:59am On Aug 05, 2023
Who doesn't know the military are the biggest fraud since time immemorial

Obasanjo and Babangida looted Nigeria and the generations to come

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by Kapeter(m): 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Who doesn't know the military are the biggest fraud since time immemorial

Obasanjo and Babangida looted Nigeria and the generations to come
Obasanjo farm comes to mind. Operation feed the nation. If i tell you say the Jonathan led FG was the one paying OBJs hilltop resort staffs salary, you nor go believe. Na so him dey pay for every ex military wey get private business be that that year o. Immediately PMB got there and stop the payment, Baba sack plenty that year bro. Military and corruption na beans and bread bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by MEEVEET: 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kapeter:

Yes u are right but democracy has proven not to be better

To end coup in ECOWAS region there is a need to set up a stand election system so that only popular candidate are elected

When someone rigs himself into power the people have no option than to support coup against such a person

I dare say no popular president elected truly by his people, working for the people can be removed via coup... No matter how powerful the military is
Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by backtovillage: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Nigerians calling for a coup need to b studied very well. These are people who abuse leaders at will saying Nigeria is not democratic enough yet still want coup they no b madness b dat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by Kapeter(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
MEEVEET:

Yes u are right but democracy has proven not to be better

To end coup in ECOWAS region there is a need to set up a stand election system so that only popular candidate are elected

When someone rigs himself into power the people have no option than to support coup against such a person

I dare say no popular president elected truly by his people, working for the people can be removed via coup... No matter how powerful the military is
I have no idea what you are saying but i can assure you that even though Sankara was never an elected leader but i doubt if there's anyone in African history that's much loved than him but his coupist friend thought that was just an illusion. In democracy there would always be flaws. All over the world, democracy flaws but it's flaws are better than the decrees of coupist that are only there to enrich themselves.
Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by MEEVEET: 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kapeter:
I have no idea what you are saying but i can assure you that even though Sankara was never an elected leader but i doubt if there's anyone in African history that's much loved than him but his coupist friend thought that was just an illusion. In democracy there would always be flaws. All over the world, democracy flaws but it's flaws are better than the decrees of coupist that are only there to enrich themselves.
People decide what they want if the coup leaders are so unpopular they would be chased away
Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by Kapeter(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
MEEVEET:

People decide what they want if the coup leaders are so unpopular they would be chased away
LOL, who'd chase them away. Guess you know not what military rule looks like.
Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by MEEVEET: 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kapeter:
LOL, who'd chase them away. Guess you know not what military rule looks like.
Sudan, mayar is examples
Re: Why Are The Millitary Suddenly Acting Like The Savior Of African Countries? by Swiftgrp: 11:12am On Oct 27, 2023
Kapeter:
This is really funny to me. I saw a post that was credited to one of the junta leader, i think that of Mali or so saying all the sweet words as usual. But then it's the most ridiculous thing on the internet to see. I mean these military guys are the reason why many African countries are unnecessarily poor, impoverished many citizens with their useless decrees and steal, loot and nothing else. They turn around to call the democratically elected politicians puppet in the hands of the Western worlds but many of them are worse than puppets. The Nigerien for example are claiming that President Bazzoum is a puppet of France but they themselves are already running helter skelter to form alliance with Wagner group and i'm sure they will sign more useless contract with other mercenaries from all around the world trying to protect their useless interest.

Who killed Thomas Sankara and loot the hell out of Burkina Faso treasury, Abachas looted funds would have done so much for Nigeria as at the time it was looted but hey Abacha would have been back or sponsored his guys and tell me democratically elected president is the most corrupt thing on earth while his own decrees would have saved me. These guys destroy Africa nations, nothing else you can tell me. Days ago NLC protested against Tinubus government that the FG had to call them and made thousands of promises to look into why they were protesting, the other lady that did something similar in Mali is in prison right now. But the military are the best thing after slice bread.

Nigerias problem started right after the first coup, Western Nigeria was really progressing same as Northern Nigeria, raising many millionaires through theiur groundnut farming and many, there were plenty job opportunities all across the mid west and the eastern Nigeria oil companies but immediately the first coup happened the whole thing became glory of the past. The military is the reason Nigeria is like this today, The country would have been in a better place.

Even though i do not support war from ECOMOG, Let their be more suffocation from sanctions. Russia they are depending on is a very good friend of South Africa as per both are member of BRICS and NIgeria is also looking to join and then the Russia-Africa thing the Russians are trying to build i doubt they would want to jettison all that for some rogues. Just let AU and ECOWAS give more sanctions and the junta countries be totally cut off and isolated. They are not one of us untill they return democratically elected leaders.
Nicely put. Your knowledge of the sequence of historical events is spot on. Military rule from the 1950s right to the 1990s did Africa, Asia, and Latin America bad and worsened corruption far more than what it was under democratic governance.

It was only in Brazil that I can say that the military did some stability of the system before leaving governance to the civilians in the 1980s.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Family Don’t Fïght Against Niger Republic Citizen - Arewa Warns Tinubu / Akpabio Withdraw Statement Confirming Money Sent To Senators For Holiday(Video) / ECOWAS Defence Chiefs To Invade Niger On ‘d-day’ – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.