Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim (14952 Views)

Olukoyede: If I Can Go After My Kinsman Olu Agunloye, Why Not Yahaya Bello? / Senate Rejects Sunday Dare’s Appointment Of Kinsman / Ancestral Attachment: Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Chide Femi Adesina.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by afroniger: 10:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
…Ex-SGF being sponsored by Igbo's enemies, says Ohanaeze

December 22, 2020

By Mike Odiegwu, Port Harcourt

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo has lambasted a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Anyim Pius Anyim following his comments that the Southeast will not allow Delta and Rivers-speaking Igbo to pick Igbo’s Presidential slot in 2023.

The Secretary-General of Ohanaeze, Dim Uche Okwukwu, said Anyim was not qualified to speak for Igbo’s 2023 Presidential ambition having supported former Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar to contest against President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.

He described Anyim’s statement as retrogressive, provocative and divisive alleging that the former Senate President was being sponsored by enemies of the Igbo to sow seeds of discord among the people.

He challenged Anyim to showcase his contributions for the advancement of Igbo course despite all the high offices he had occupied in the name of Igbo.

Okwukwu said: “On moral and ethical ground he cannot talk about Igbo Presidency for 2023 because he is a member of the PDP that supported Atiku in 2019 to become President. The question I ask Pius Anyim is if Atiku had warned the election, would he be talking about Igbo Presidency in 2023?

“I Dim Uche Okwukwu led a delegation to endorse Buhari in presidential villa in 2019. I am competent to talk about the Igbo Presidency. What we are talking about is a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction and not a Nigerian President from the Southeast”.

Explaining further, he said: “Southeast and South-south divide Igbos into two. If Egbema is divided into two between Rivers and Imo, Ikwere is divided between Imo and Abia, Ohaji people are Ikwere people. So what is his own definition of Igbo? Is it Igbos of the Southeast?

What role did Anyim play to please Ndigbo as secretary of the federation? Let Anyim show us what he did in securing the completion of the second Niger Bridge. Let him tell us what he did to rehabilitate the Enugu-Onitsha road, The Port Harcourt, international Airport, the Akanu Ibiam International Airport and the Sam Mbakwe international airport, the port Harcourt-Enugu expressway”.

He said many people were qualified to contest Igbo Presidency in 2023 adding that Amaechi, Ngige, Okorocha and a host of others were all qualified for the ticket.

He said: “Amaechi is qualified to run for the Presidency. He has huge political experience. If he steps forward and contest the APC primary and win he will be supported. Ngige is qualified, Ogbonnaya Onu, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Rochas Okorocha and others are qualified.

“Anyim cannot redefine Igbo. The Anioma, Ika people in Delta, the Ikweres, the Ogbas, the Oyigbos, Etches in Rivers State are Igbos. The Asari-Ndoki in Akwa Ibom are Igbos. He doesn’t have the mandate of the Igbos to speak.

“I am in a better position as secretary general to speak and I am speaking authoritatively. He is from Ebonyi with 13 local government areas what is the voting strength of Ebonyi and what can he bring to the table in terms of the election?

“What he saying is provocative, retrogressive and absurd. He doesn’t know that the 10 Igbo-speaking local government areas in Rivers have more votes than the people of Ebonyi put together.

What is the vote in Ebonyi that he will create this kind of problem to provoke Igbo-speaking people of Rivers. This is how they cause confusion and deny Igbos. Any time we are getting to the Promised Land the likes of Anyim will step out and become Amalakites for Ndigbo.

“Why is he saying this kind of thing at this crucial and delicate moment when Ndigbo has come out to speak in one voice. Who is sponsoring him? I can tell you that Pius Anyim is being sponsored by the enemies of Ndiigbo, those that don’t want Igbos to produce President in 2023.

“What has he ever done to unite Ndiigbo. He has never visited Rivers State. Does he even know where Ndiigbo reside in Rivers State? Does he know where Igbos are in Delta state? Anyim should not cause problem for Ndiigbo”.

Also, former President Goodluck Jonathan’s kinsman and social commentator, Wisdom Ikuli, said it was the turn of the South-south to complete its tenure at the Presidency.

He said Jonathan was qualified to run and called on Igbos to be grateful to Jonathan for giving them a priority in appointments during his first term.

Ikuli said Igbos would not lose anything if Jonathan returned to Aso Rock in 2023.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ohanaeze-ndigbo-jonathans-kinsman-chide-anyim/

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
"e be tins oooo

2023 go rough

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by slivertongue: 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
Their headache
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by yarimo(m): 12:31am On Dec 23, 2020
Chide him or not , as for now no any credible candidates in both south east and south south for the presidency

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Karemarealty288(m): 2:57am On Dec 23, 2020
Our politicians are playing god ...as if they control their breath...only God can determine what will happen tomorrow....2022 has been deleted from their calendar......that's the type of confused people we have power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Nobody: 3:35am On Dec 23, 2020
It's not about Igbo presidency it's south east turn to produce president

If ohaneze have any atom of respect they would have expelled every ikwerre person in the group till ikwerre leaders write them accepting they are igbo

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Bonesking(m): 3:42am On Dec 23, 2020
Anyim has always being a sellout. He should go and siddon. Anyim and the SE PDP have always being anti-Igbo interest from day one. I won’t be surprised if he ends up campaigning for the return of GEJ or Atiku come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by PrinceOfLagos: 3:45am On Dec 23, 2020
yarimo:
Chide him or not , as for now no any credible candidates in both south east and south south for the presidency

No northerner will vote for Tinubu in 2023

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by EagleNest(m): 4:08am On Dec 23, 2020
Oh, I see where Anyim is going...it is about Amaechi running as an Igbo. But I'd thought Amaechi is Ikwere, and Ikwere said they are not Igbos.

18 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by cktheluckyman: 4:49am On Dec 23, 2020
yarimo:
So who exactly in your opinion is credible? The bullion van thief?

21 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Vistra40: 6:05am On Dec 23, 2020
yarimo:

What is your definition of credible sir?sometimes you people just throw words about without knowing the true meaning. Mention that credible candidate you are rooting for?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2020
We don’t care
Just disintegrate this loophole

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Burruchaga71(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2020
EagleNest:
Oh, I see where Anyim is going...it is about Amaechi running as an Igbo. But I'd thought Amaechi is Ikwere, and Ikwere said they are not Igbos.
. Anyim is right on this, am with him.

11 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 23, 2020
Uche Okwukwu or whatever your name is or was, We are talking about about Igbo Presidency and not Ikwerre presidency.

You are an Ikwerre man and has no damn right even one bit of it to speak for ndigbo..

anyim is completely and comprehensively right..I don't understand the definition of Igbos by Okwukwu but as it remains he can't speak for Igbo's but Anyim can..

In a sound Organization if not that Ohanaeze is totally useless you and your cronies should have been rounded up, blacklisted and expelled from Oranaeze...

Amaechi should remove the isi-agu he now wears continuously with red cap and replace it with the normal cow-boy cap and buttoned sleeve shirt........If the the cow-boy cap no do, he can borrow ortom's cap from Wike..

Anyim for once is right...Liberalism is a sign of mental disorder....

Delta extraction can throw in their cap for the race and should be duly considered but Anyone from Rivers state saying he is contesting for Igbo Presidency should be arrested immediately, charged for Treason against ndigbo and summarily executed with or without trial....

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2020
Bonesking:
Anyim has always being a sellout. He should go and siddon. Anyim and the SE PDP have always being anti-Igbo interest from day one. I won’t be surprised if he ends up campaigning for the return of GEJ or Atiku come 2023.

The sellout here is you not Anyim.

17 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 23, 2020
EagleNest:

The gimmicks will only work on fools. Amaechi is an Ikwerre man and can't be playing chess board...

21 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 23, 2020
Igbochief001:
It's not about Igbo presidency it's south east turn to produce president

If ohaneze have any atom of respect they would have expelled every ikwerre person in the group till ikwerre leaders write them accepting they are igbo

Well said.

I still don't understand why they are still harbouring Uche Okwukwu in their midst.

By now that man should have been expelled, all of them and send back to Ogbakor Ikwerre.

16 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by HonKong: 7:53am On Dec 23, 2020
Jonathan the realest president Nigerians lost

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Dpharisee: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2020
This is an Igbo related thread, traffic go reach page 30, Seun will be happy with this as it means more clicks and more money grin cool

Very soon Nyesomghosa Wikevie will revert to claiming Igbo because another political office is being presented to Igbos gradually.
But then Amaechi has consistently claimed openly to be a full blooded Igbo man of Ikwerre subgroup through out his political career.
The traitor dividing Igbos and creating confusion here is Wikevie, who talks recklessly like a motor park with a hoarse voice.
He should have carried out his fight with IPOB quietly without attaching nonsensical history to it, knowing that Ikwerres can play the same role of Sarakis in Kwara who claim to be northerners in politics and Yorubas in ideology.
Bukola Saraki had fights with OPC during his tenure as Kwara state governor who wanted to degrade the Fulani Emir of Ilorin, he never disclaimed his Yorubaness despite his loyalty to Sokoto caliphate.

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by wilemer: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2020
Okwukwu said: “On moral and ethical ground he cannot talk about Igbo Presidency for 2023 because he is a member of the PDP that supported Atiku in 2019 to become President. The question I ask Pius Anyim is if Atiku had warned the election, would he be talking about Igbo Presidency in 2023?

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one and a half tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by HeadShot: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2020
Anyim should go and sit down
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by HeadShot: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2020
post=97345151:
Reading

Wetin he go sing now

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by YorubaKinging: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2020
The end is near

Jesus was not born on December 25th

Christmas is a pagan celebration

You need to know this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by DarkJeddi(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2020
yarimo:
Born to rule.. shocked
Look at the HELL where your CREDIBLE candidates lead Nigeria.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by BHUHARiE: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2020
IGBOS GET PROBLEM FOR NAIJA.IF YOU WANT TO RULE THIS COUNTRY YOU BETTER CHANGE OOO IF NOT NA VP GO BE YOUR HIGH RANK.

GET WISE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by Generalkorex(m): 7:57am On Dec 23, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Jesus was not born on December 25th

Christmas is a pagan celebration

You need to know this

Most people know

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by allen113: 8:00am On Dec 23, 2020
hmm
Re: Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Jonathan’s Kinsman Chide Anyim by etrouble: 8:01am On Dec 23, 2020
No Igbo man will rule Nigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Mark Condemns Attack On Ortom, Warns Of Impending Anarchy / Nigeria Warns Foreign Diplomats Against Approaching Buhari And Osinbajo Directly / Ize-Iyamu Campaigns In Wards Of Etsako East LGA (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.