Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria (15756 Views)

COVID-19 Update For December 22 2021 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For November 22 2020 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For September 22 2020 In Nigeria - (3,019 Tested) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by mika1123: 1:45am On Dec 23, 2020
The overall death rate from the latest COVID-19 is 2.4times higher for blacks than for whites ,and 2.2 times higher for Asians and Latinos.https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/07/coronavirus-is-infecting-killing-black-americans-an-alarmingly-high-rate-post-analysis-shows/?arc404=true
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by ibkonekt(m): 1:45am On Dec 23, 2020
Scamdemic
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 23, 2020
Afam4eva:

I don't know about the figures but i've been visiting the Covid center in Yaba for the past few days and the numbers of people infected are increasing. Yesterday, a man that was brought in by his family dies on the spot while another woman died today in the center. So, the figures my not be fake. Right now i'm not feeling too well and i may need to check in tomorrow.

What took u der Oga. Is Covid-19 centre a tourist spot. U visited without safety measures and now u want to go and check-in.

Who knows if u are infected and have spread to people u have come in contact with and who they have been in contact with? Just look at...

U should be arrested sef. People like u r the other type of problem we have in this country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by MrDebonair: 2:28am On Dec 23, 2020
Average Nigerian have no regards for scientific evidence and public health information. Definitely the figures are much higher than what is being reported because of the complexities associated with reporting data especially in rural settings and the obvious missed diagnosis or undocumented cases.

Yet people still have the notion that covid-19 is fake. It is easier for average Nigerian to believe conspiracy theories propagated by misinformed individuals than to process basic scientific and common sense evidence placed before them.

Surprisingly, it is not uncommon to see people flouting basic guidelines meant to reduce infection transmission. When ordinarily same people have been brainwashed out of reality.

You don't need to be literate to know covid-19 is real, non- selective, non- discriminating, non-gender biased with a fatal outcome.

Keep safe, Wash your hands and Follow guidelines. Simple

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by CrestMan: 2:37am On Dec 23, 2020
Afam4eva:

I don't know about the figures but i've been visiting the Covid center in Yaba for the past few days and the numbers of people infected are increasing. Yesterday, a man that was brought in by his family dies on the spot while another woman died today in the center. So, the figures my not be fake. Right now i'm not feeling too well and i may need to check in tomorrow.

If only these people dying because of "covid" and including you anticipating sickness are acquainted with ETERNAL LIFE that Jesus brought to all that believe in His name, they will never be sick again in their life.

BTW, Christianity is not a religion, rather it is pulsating life of God at work in a man; it is having a real and living relationship with Almighty God! Christianity is God living in a human person! Blessed be God!

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by cjudy(m): 2:50am On Dec 23, 2020
MrDebonair:
Average Nigerian have no regards for scientific evidence and public health information. Definitely the figures are much higher than what is being reported because of the complexities associated with reporting data especially in rural settings and the obvious missed diagnosis or undocumented cases.

Yet people still have the notion that covid-19 is fake. It is easier for average Nigerian to believe conspiracy theories propagated by misinformed individuals than to process basic scientific and common sense evidence placed before them.

Surprisingly, it is not uncommon to see people flouting basic guidelines meant to reduce infection transmission. When ordinarily same people have been brainwashed out of reality.

You don't need to be literate to know covid-19 is real, non- selective, non- discriminating, non-gender biased with a fatal outcome.

Keep safe, Wash your hands and Follow guidelines. Simple

There's no Covid. They just need high active cases so they can justify the 400bn they just budget for vaccine. As at last month, we have only 2-3k active case but immediately the Vaccine is launched, Nigeria active case start rising and boom, they budget 400bn. Una weldone. I know they pay many of Una so you can comment to their favour, but God go surprise Una.

That one up there that's visiting the isolation centre everyday, abeg do and send us the pictures.
Thanks

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by jrobbins: 3:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Madness, anyhow they like, they're free to continue with their games. Who have they been testing? Scamdemic.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Jacksparrow7(m): 4:10am On Dec 23, 2020
Please, where did this number come fromsad
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by emmasege: 4:35am On Dec 23, 2020
Afam4eva:

Have you tried good malarial drugs? Stop hyping this COVID thing. If many of us check in at the nearest centre, chances are that at least 4 or 5 out of 10 could be diagnosed of COVID.

Many have recovered from COVID without knowing that they ever had it. How? The felt feverish and attacked it with good malarial drugs.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by chatinent: 5:15am On Dec 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by abuhlawal(m): 5:25am On Dec 23, 2020
Yello1:
Confirm cases don plenty pass money wey dey some people's account self. It is well ooo

Abi Active cases
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by solex1988(m): 5:39am On Dec 23, 2020
Kaduna are making that 3rd position there own
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Mrpojj(m): 6:09am On Dec 23, 2020
Afam4eva:

Tori

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by davidtemi(m): 6:47am On Dec 23, 2020
realstars:
I Want to believe that more than that are unrecorded, and more than the 1231 dead as recorded in our dayly index.
u r very correct, covid-19 is damn real, and far more dan d daily figures una dey read. use ur mask.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Navyguy(m): 6:49am On Dec 23, 2020
NCDC scamming Nigerians since 1701
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by silifat11(m): 6:51am On Dec 23, 2020
I believe Corona virus exist but it's quite political in Nigeria.. The Kwara cases get one kind.. People are now afraid to visit University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, any malaria symptoms na Corona virus patience hahah
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by bjtinz: 6:54am On Dec 23, 2020
cjudy:

[s]There's no Covid. They just need high active cases so they can justify the 400bn they just budget for vaccine. As at last month, we have only 2-3k active case but immediately the Vaccine is launched, Nigeria active case start rising and boom, they budget 400bn. Una weldone. I know they pay many of Una so you can comment to their favour, but God go surprise Una.

That one up there that's visiting the isolation centre everyday, abeg do and send us the pictures.
Thanks[/s]

Pls keep quiet.

I wonder why posts like are allowed sef.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by cjudy(m): 6:56am On Dec 23, 2020
bjtinz:

Pls keep quiet.

I wonder why posts like are allowed sef.
You keep quiet too. Send me the pictures.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by bjtinz: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2020
cjudy:

You keep quiet too. Send me the pictures.

Stand there be looking for pictures.

The two medical doctors that recently died are all fake?

The 2000+ daily deaths in the US are all fake abi?

The lockdown in UK due to the new variant is also fake abi??

Mscheeew angry

Anyway not surprised about your type. After all, there are people who still don't believe HIV is real
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:04am On Dec 23, 2020
This thing might be real, people should begin to take it seriously. Avoid unnecessary movement especially in Lagos and Abuja.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by bjtinz: 7:05am On Dec 23, 2020
@all, covid-19 is real, is infecting people.

Please abide by guidelines as much as possible, I know it's not always easy and convenient.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Godszilla: 7:28am On Dec 23, 2020
Oga 2000+ daily death in US and UK lock down is not Africa nor Nigeria. Ask yourself which major self respecting so call main stream Media report Covid in Africa apart from south africa. if you can post a report from them on Africa we are waiting. Even the whites knows deep down that corona virus is not a pandemic in africa so its not news worthy.

Covid is here in Nigeria but not the attention we are giving it, we have been waiting since March with all the prediction for the people dying like flies in Africa. Diseases sometimes are more virulent on some races or gender, perfect example is malaria - malaria is still very deadly to white till this day thats why they have work extremely hard to eradicate it from their evironment. here we play with malaria still the daily death (Malaria deaths reduced from about 400 000 in 2010 to about 260 000 in 2018, the largest reduction being in Nigeria, from almost 153 000 deaths in 2010 to about 95 000 deaths in 2018 reference https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/world-malaria-report-2019.) you cant even compare with covid but where is the lockdown. where you have mosquito play with us, what is your government doing about it. I challenge NCDC to post daily infect and death of malaria and lets see the reaction. Thats why people say its a scam and it is, in reality Nigeria have really moved on people have find out is not as what they say it is. Nobody ask Nigeria to sit up with Ebola, we love our lives even in this harsh environment.
bjtinz:

Mscheeew angry

Anyway not surprised about your type. After all, there are people who still don't believe HIV is real
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by cjudy(m): 7:34am On Dec 23, 2020
bjtinz:

Mscheeew angry

We are not in USA

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Offpoint1: 7:46am On Dec 23, 2020
Godszilla:
Oga 2000+ daily death in US and UK lock down is not Africa nor Nigeria. Ask yourself which major self respecting so call main stream Media report Covid in Africa apart from south africa. if you can post a report from them on Africa we are waiting. Even the whites knows deep down that corona virus is not a pandemic in africa so its not news worthy.

Covid is here in Nigeria but not the attention we are giving it, we have been waiting since March with all the prediction for the people dying like flies in Africa. Diseases sometimes are more virulent on some races or gender, perfect example is malaria - malaria is still very deadly to white till this day thats why they have work extremely hard to eradicate it from their evironment. here we play with malaria still the daily death (Malaria deaths reduced from about 400 000 in 2010 to about 260 000 in 2018, the largest reduction being in Nigeria, from almost 153 000 deaths in 2010 to about 95 000 deaths in 2018 reference https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/world-malaria-report-2019.) you cant even compare with covid but where is the lockdown. where you have mosquito play with us, what is your government doing about it. I challenge NCDC to post daily infect and death of malaria and lets see the reaction. Thats why people say its a scam and it is, in reality Nigeria have really moved on people have find out is not as what they say it is. Nobody ask Nigeria to sit up with Ebola, we love our lives even in this harsh environment.
No mind dem, covid is just elder brother of Malaria who bully older, while Malaria is the kid brother of Covid who deal with younger people.

To be honest Malaria is more deadly to an average Nigerian than covid.
People recover from covid without any form of medication, but no one jokes with Malaria.

I don't know what's media hyping of Covid is all about.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 23, 2020
angry Stupid country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by adedotun69229: 8:05am On Dec 23, 2020
999 cases!!! Na emergency number or wetin?Dey don increase FCT numbers so dat Sinzu go drop money. Format oro.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Godszilla: 8:10am On Dec 23, 2020
Because there is an agenda (they label it "conspiracy theories" that there is no proof that means it never exist),the whites are like us only difference is their politician wickedness no be like our own. our own go steal our money and tell it to your face but their own go use strategy collect am and go dey still act like them dey your side. There is an agenda to this just watch for the signs, e no go clear now but the best friend of truth na time
Offpoint1:

No mind dem, covid is just elder brother of Malaria who bully older, while Malaria is the kid brother of Covid who deal with younger people.

To be honest Malaria is more deadly to an average Nigerian than covid.
People recover from covid without any form of medication, but no one jokes with Malaria.

I don't know what's media hyping of Covid is all about.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by Offpoint1: 8:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Godszilla:
Because there is an agenda (they label it "conspiracy theories" that there is no proof that means it never exist),the whites are like us only difference is their politician wickedness no be like our own. our own go steal our money and tell it to your face but their own go use strategy collect am and go dey still act like them dey your side. There is an agenda to this just watch for the signs, e no go clear now but the best friend of truth na time
Make dem do wetin dem like, but make dem no try lockdown... Na there casala go burst.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by askakim(m): 8:38am On Dec 23, 2020
This figure might be real, I lost an Expratite Boss to this Covid 19. But this man flex his life wella b4 the incident of is chronic coughing last week. Thank God I dey leave sha.
Re: COVID-19 Update For December 22 2020 In Nigeria by dearie(m): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2020
Godszilla:

You can't compare Malaria to Covid-19. Covid-19 is highly contagious and Malaria is not. So you don't expect a lockdown for Malaria regardless of the numbers. Playing down Covid-19 is being insensitive to those who have lost people to it.

Indeed it may not be as bad as it is abroad, but the cases of infected people have risen and you do not expect a serious government to ignore a public health matter swirling around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangers Of Taking Garri [read] / How Do You View Fat People? / Lagos Commences Construction Of New Massey Street Children’s Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.