Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria (7591 Views)

Shan George Reveals What Dislikes About Her Body +acquires New G Wagon (photo) / Video: Genevieve Nnaji And Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Interview / :UPDATED::Video: Genevieve Nnaji Mud Cosmetics Video Shoot & Pictures Premiere! (2) (3) (4)

Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by smile11s(m): 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2011
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2011
the presenter used trick to make her comit an inflammatory statements on Nigerians atitude but the young girl look smarter and give the right answer, There are good ones everywhere as well as bad one's

Thank nnaji
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by MissyB3(f): 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2011
What can I say?! A star among stars . . .Smart, beautiful, talented and classy lady.
Cool interview . . . .Na you biko!  kiss
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by MissyB3(f): 11:05pm On Mar 27, 2011
[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dlbmV2aWV2ZW4uanBnfDYwMA==[/img]

African Voices meets Nigerian movie star Genevieve Nnaji, one of Africa’s most successful actresses. Dressed in a Jewel by Lisa piece, Genevieve was interviewed by CNN’s Pedro Pinto. This is one of the most comprehensive interviews given by the actress, she discussed her love for Nigeria, her acting career, Nollywood and lots more.

The show will air this weekend 26th to 28th March 2011 – Watch the show at the following times on CNN International:

•Saturdays: 0830, 1430
•Sundays: 0800, 2100
•Mondays: 1030, 1730
(all times GMT)

CLIP: Genevieve Nnaji chats with Pedro Pinto about Nigeria on CNN International’s African Voices

Transcript – Excerpt

Nigeria is just like any other place

GN – Everything, every aspect of you know, human nature is in every Nigerian. The good, the bad, the ugly, it’s just like another New York. You know, Nigeria is fun to be honest. But we’re not the worst people. All we have people talking about when it comes to Nigeria is crime and fraud, and that’s just a very, very, minute number of people. Nigerians as a whole are very confident people, I believe we’re confident, I believe we’re very resourceful and we are very hospitable when it comes to visitors in the country.

PP – When you look at you’re country, what are some of the things you love about it, what are some of the things that you would like to change?

GN – I like that as Nigerians as we are, we have some sort of neighbourly love that we don’t understand, we have a way of coming to the rescue of complete strangers, we do have that bond and I think it has to do with our background and how we are raised and how Nigerians in a whole have been made to be morally. It’s like you have a moral duty to your society, to yourself, to your family so it’s like everybody’s business is everybody’s business. It’s a bad thing sometimes, but it does have its good sides. You know, so that is something that we are. We probably don’t know as a people and if we don’t know we should know it now, it’s a good thing. What I don’t like about Nigeria…man, I never diss my own country, man! You know, what ever negativity is in a country is in every other country; it’s in every other part of the world. So, the thing is everyone needs to be treated as individuals and not a collective nation. You don’t judge one person or judge one person by another persons faults. So, I just take every Nigerian the way I see them. I would never live anywhere else to be honest, no.

PP – Really?

GN – No, I grew up in Lagos, I was born, bred there. I don’t see myself leaving that town anytime soon. I can work anywhere else, but in terms of living, I’m used to Lagos, I’m sorry!
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by mamagee3(f): 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2011
Missy ★ B:

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dlbmV2aWV2ZW4uanBnfDYwMA==[/img]

African Voices meets Nigerian movie star Genevieve Nnaji, one of Africa’s most successful actresses. Dressed in a Jewel by Lisa piece, Genevieve was interviewed by CNN’s Pedro Pinto. This is one of the most comprehensive interviews given by the actress, she discussed her love for Nigeria, her acting career, Nollywood and lots more.

The show will air this weekend 26th to 28th March 2011 – Watch the show at the following times on CNN International:

•Saturdays: 0830, 1430
•Sundays: 0800, 2100
•Mondays: 1030, 1730
(all times GMT)

CLIP: Genevieve Nnaji chats with Pedro Pinto about Nigeria on CNN International’s African Voices

This is who you call a patriot and a hero.
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 11:32pm On Mar 27, 2011
@MissyB when wud ur brother marry Genevieve? cheesy
This love don too much,me sef dey envy angry
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by brixton: 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
Great great mind there, A true African beauty and legend.You made me proud by beating the white guy in his own game.Beauty with brains.Much love to cute Genny
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by justwise(m): 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
I actually like the way she handled the questions, very clever answers, good to watch.
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by justwise(m): 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2011
brixton:

Great great mind there, A true African beauty and legend.You made me proud by beating the white guy in his own game.Beauty with brains.Much love to cute Genny

Here we go, what game are u talking about?
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by HuJJC(m): 11:56pm On Mar 27, 2011
Good! Nigerians are the best anywhere!
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by InkedNerd(f): 12:14am On Mar 28, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

the presenter used trick to make her comit an inflammatory statements on Nigerians atitude but the young girl look smarter and give the right answer, There are good ones everywhere as well as bad one's

Thank nnaji

No one used any tricks. Its just a simple interview--its up to her to determine how she wants to or will answer the questions.
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by justwise(m): 12:17am On Mar 28, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

No one used any tricks. Its just a simple interview--its up to her to determine how she wants to or will answer the questions.

Thank you!!! It was just a good question and she gave a good answer, now pple are trying to turn it into something else.
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 2:55am On Mar 28, 2011
Intelligent replies. . . .
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 28, 2011
THis is what an average IBO lady can do, we are too smart, too intelligent, hard working and better still, the best thing that has happened to Nigeria. If you agree with say Onhu-onhu cool cool cool
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by pepperoni(f): 8:31am On Mar 28, 2011
GN – No, I grew up in Lagos, I was born, bred there. I don’t see myself leaving that town anytime soon. I can work anywhere else, but in terms of living, I’m used to Lagos, I’m sorry!

sorry buh i thot she relocated to Ghana sometime ago??!!
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by sweetstjoy(f): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2011
Genny has always been different and will remian distinctive, the fact dat she is ibo is far frm it, dis is a born talented woman, a woman who is proud of who she is and where she is from, her dressing tells u she is proud of her home naija, she didnt go dressed like a LovePeddler or in an english attire den contradicting herself
she is a lesson to her generation, IM SO PROUD OF THIS ICON
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by MissyB3(f): 9:27am On Mar 28, 2011
mama-gee:

This is who you call a patriot and a hero.
Like, for real!
I love the part she said ''I don't diss my country''.  kiss kiss kiss

ifyalways:

@MissyB when wud your brother marry Genevieve? cheesy
This love don too much,me sef dey envy angry
If I had a grown brother, walahi, I for coerce am into marrying Gene.  tongue I just love this lady, and I love you too.  cheesy kiss

sweetstjoy:

Genny has always been different and will remian distinctive, the fact dat she is ibo is far frm it, dis is a born talented woman, a woman who is proud of who she is and where she is from, her dressing tells u she is proud of her home naija, she didnt go dressed like a LovePeddler or in an english attire den contradicting herself
she is a lesson to her generation, IM SO PROUD OF THIS ICON
Seconded!
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by johnjoel(m): 10:42am On Mar 28, 2011
beautiful smarty
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by nvo5(f): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2011
I like the way she answered the questions.
keep it up janny.
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by 49cents(m): 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2011
its simple wisdom: never wash your dirty linen outside. thanks miss nnaji. but rpls get down from your high horses get married dont spend your prime frolicking around. Many have plied this route and they ended up in misery
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2011
Intelligent answers, but rather untrue.

1. the number of people into crime and fraud is not 'very very minute' as some would have us believe
2. Nigerians (especially lagosians!) are not as eager to aid complete strangers as she paints. In fact, the average southerner will happily mind his own business.

Kudos to her though for painting her country in a good light. Sometimes it's good to massage the truth somewhat  grin

PS: I am fully expecting to get flamed for this.  wink
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by UcheCuba: 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2011
I think that we should learn one thing from this interview, 'DON'T WASH YOUR DIRTY GARMENT IN THE PUBLIC'

Did anyone notice how she did not say anything particularly negative about Nigeria?

Even though we all know that we have a ton of bad to display, my respect for her just grew by 75%, she spoke like a diplomat!!

Lets learn to protect and promote our image positively to the outside world irrespective of what the leaders are doing!

Never allow or permit a foreigner to tell you anything negative about Nigeria without defending her immediately and tell

the person the bad things you know about their own country immediately,if you do that I guarantee you that the person

will never say anything negative again about Nigeria to you!!!

We are truly great people,dont allow anybody to make feel bad about being Nigerian!

Very very soon being Nigerian will make other nations envious, believe it or not!!!

Good People, Great Nation!!!
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by duchessemi(f): 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
Abeg,make she go sitdown one place!, why is she not base in naija

if she is that patriotic,
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by THEAMAKA(f): 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2011
duchessemi:

Abeg,make she go sitdown one place!, why is she not base in naija

if she is that patriotic,
you sound extremely dumb. did you NOT watch the interview at all before you started chatting rubbish? she clearly said she was born and raised in Lagos and does not see herself leaving Lagos anytime soon. that is where she has lived since the day she was born, and has never lived anywhere else. i seriously wonder if some people think before posting comments or does their haterade blind them?
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2011
*clapping for Miss Genny baybee* my respect for her just went up a notch smiley
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by Ivbade: 1:05pm On Mar 28, 2011
Well spoken! very intelligent and wise! Shows how far you can go in your endeavours!
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by Diligence: 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
So so proud of Genny!
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by daytu2(f): 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
I never diss my own country, man! You know, what ever negativity is in a country is in every other country;, i love that statement Genny.Thanks for d re assurance babes
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2011
Gracias Genny
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by adaphik(f): 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2011
Yeah very clever lady.
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by victorazy(m): 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2011
THE AMAKA:

you sound extremely dumb. did you NOT watch the interview at all before you started chatting rubbish? she clearly said she was born and raised in Lagos and does not see herself leaving Lagos anytime soon. that is where she has lived since the day she was born, and has never lived anywhere else. i seriously wonder if some people think before posting comments or does their haterade blind them?

NO MIND THAT ANIMAL.
THEY THINK THAT HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN COME AND POST CARELESSLY.
Re: Video: Genevieve Tells Cnn's Pedro What She Likes And Dislikes About Nigeria by londoner: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
@duchessemi, what gave you the idea that Gen is not based in Nigeria.

She lives in Lagos and always has. Any suggestion that she doesn't are false rumours.

I really like what she has done. She felt it necessary to protect the image of Nigeria instead of revelling and enjoying putting her down to all who will listen.

It is not that she is being untruthful, she is being responsible as an ambassador of Nigeria.

Nigerians need to take note, we all know that within the Nigerian media or among other Nigerians, she would have given an answer which addressed the negativities of Nigeria further.

She will have that discussion with those of us who are part of the Nigerian family, because we have a love for Nigeria which will always remain. Others have a disdain for Nigeria and that alone.

NEVER WASH OUR DIRTY LINEN IN FRONT OF OTHERS, WHILE THEY HIDE THEIR OWN DIRTY LINEN SAFELY IN THEIR OWN WASH BASKETS AT HOME.

She has also embodied what a NIGERIAN is not just what an IGBO/YORUBA/IJAW/HAUSA is. That is the other example we should learn from.

Nicki Minaj & Her New Boyfriend Step Out In Matching Gucci Outfit (photos) / BO.OTY CALLS: Meet Tanzanian Model Sanchoka Who Has The Biggest Bo.oty In Africa / Omotosho, Omojuwa, AlexReports, Barcity At New Media Conference In Abuja