Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

10 Kinds Of People That Use The Lift - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Kinds Of People That Use The Lift (223 Views)

How Do I Use The Free MTN Free Data Bonus That Comes With Data Subscription / China Unveils First Virtual TV Anchors That Use Artificial Intelligence / High-tech Sunglasses That Use Facial Recognition To Spot Suspects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Kinds Of People That Use The Lift by englishmart(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2020
1. Those who push both call buttons: These are usually new users, though some old users still make similar mistakes and if you try to correct them they claim they met one of the buttons already on. Normally a user is either going up or down, but these ones push or press both the up and down call button with the hope of getting the lift show up in time.

2.Those going up but push the down button:
These set of users make this mistake mostly when the lift is up and they want the lift to come down to pick them. They feel pressing the 'down' call button will propel the lift downward, but they are oblivious that the lift should be called according to where you're going. Asin "You press 'down' when going down and vise versa.

3. Those who refuse to use the word 'down' These kind of guys are usually the positive/church ones. I remember asking a woman if she was going down and she was like "God forbid, I can't go down, I'm going to the basement" But they are okay to use 'up' grin

4. Those who don't mind where the lift is going at that moment provided it will eventually take them to their destination. For example, let's say they were on the 5th floor and are going to the ground floor, they don't mind travelling to the 23rd floor, when you tell them the lift is going up, they be like "what goes up must come down" (Age goes up and doesn't come down though)

5.Those who rush into the lift as soon as the doors open. One of the right conducts for lift use is "Allowing those inside the lift to alight before you enter. These kind of people always have excuses, they will tell you they didn't know anyone was inside as If they were supposed to know. Just expect people to be inside and don't rush.

6. Those who like to stand right in front of the car causing some blockade: Users are supposed to go behind so that others can either find it easier to join or alight. "Sir, please go to one side" don't worry I'm stopping at the next floor" it doesn't matter, just do the right thing"

7.Those who just stand at the lobby without calling the lift. I've met these set of guys several times. They just stand expecting a miracle. The lift only appears to pick them if peradventure someone alights on that floor. Sometimes they end up frustrated and then take the stairs.

8. Those who suffuse the innocent air with strong colognes from their perfumes. Some of the perfumes are cheap and was sprayed for like three-minutes so it can last longer. Some of the perfumes are designers and usually worn by VIP staff, clients or guests, the fragrance remains for a long time in the lift.

9. Those who fart in the lift. I was once accused of farting sometime ago, a guy dropped the missile and alighted. The missile remained till someone else joined the lift. As expected the woman vituperated me for farting in a confined space grin Madam I also inherited this fart.

10. Those who try to make or receive calls: Some lifts have network signals though, but most of the ones I've seen have no signal, still people still try to receive or make calls. "There's no network here, sir" don't worry my own phone attracts network" in my mind I will reply "dey there dey whine yourself"

1 Like

Re: 10 Kinds Of People That Use The Lift by englishmart(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2020
Lalasticlala my man. Merry Christmas in advance

1 Like

Re: 10 Kinds Of People That Use The Lift by SMOGnow: 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
What about those ones that don't make any of those mistakes?
Re: 10 Kinds Of People That Use The Lift by stupidmod2: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
englishmart:
Lalasticlala my man. Merry Christmas in advance
does he know u undecided
Re: 10 Kinds Of People That Use The Lift by englishmart(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2021
stupidmod2:
does he know u undecided
does it matter if he does?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Physicists Prove The Existence Of Two-Dimensional Particles Called 'Anyons' / Help My Facebook Group / Science Of Why Women Want Your Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.