Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Want To Know The True Origin Of Nri Kingdom As Info Is Conflicting - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Want To Know The True Origin Of Nri Kingdom As Info Is Conflicting (3496 Views)

7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / Nri Kingdom (Igbo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Know The True Origin Of Nri Kingdom As Info Is Conflicting by nweke77(m): 12:32am On Mar 28, 2011
I have read Eri came from the sky , Jews , and Egypt. Personaly I  think he was born on earth to 2 Igbo and he and  Igbo are not Jews
Re: Want To Know The True Origin Of Nri Kingdom As Info Is Conflicting by Rossikk(m): 2:16am On Mar 28, 2011
One thing we can be sure of is that they are descended from an extremely old and majestic culture which was not necessarily based in Nigeria in antiquity.
Re: Want To Know The True Origin Of Nri Kingdom As Info Is Conflicting by ChinenyeN(m): 2:44am On Mar 28, 2011
. . watching this topic; expecting some serious answers.
Re: Want To Know The True Origin Of Nri Kingdom As Info Is Conflicting by EzeUche(m): 2:58am On Mar 28, 2011
I believe the ancestors of the Igbo arrived from the East. Mainly around present day Uganda and Southern Sudan. The foundations of Nri and the ancestors of the Igbo should be looked to the East.
Re: Want To Know The True Origin Of Nri Kingdom As Info Is Conflicting by ezeagu(m): 5:24am On Mar 28, 2011
Eri, Nri and any immediate descendants are no where near, in terms of time, the origins of the Igbo people, in fact the origins of Igbo people would be ancient to them. There is no official history of Eri's origins, but most oral history says he is from North and historians are saying he may have come from around present day Idah, a kingdom that was linked to Eri and Nri. Whoever Eri is, he must have been a very powerful forward thinking figure who could be compared to Akhenaten of Ancient Egypt. It looks like he was even the one that created the market days, and along with his sons kingdom, Nri, they seem to claim inventing some of the basic things that define Igbo culture including taboo laws.

Eri is too late to be from Ancient Egypt, around 1500 years late. Eri is not the 'father' (or starter) of the Igbo nation, some non-Nri Igbo cultures were very well alive in his time and before, and they have their own origin history (although they usually all meet up to one place).

The interesting thing is that Eri's people also influenced other around like the Igala already mentioned, and even the Edo people. The story of Eri falling from the sky is just a fairy tale attached to someone who was very respected (or feared), and who may have even created this divine story for himself. He may be just one cunning IGALA man like that, but don't tell Aguleri or Agwuku people I said that.
Re: Want To Know The True Origin Of Nri Kingdom As Info Is Conflicting by amor4ce(m): 3:25am On Apr 03, 2011
My suggestion is that the Igbo people should use DNA ancestry tests to settle the confusion once and for all. You have the money and its not hard. Take the lead and perhaps other Nigerian nationalities would follow suit.

(1) (Reply)

Cold Press Carrot Oil / Tribal Markings / Why Are we Nigerians So Materialistic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.