Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

What If The Rapture Is ...... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Rapture Is ...... (564 Views)

Peace And Safety, The Rapture Is Here / The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If The Rapture Is ...... by IfIPerishIPeris: 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
What if the RAPTURE is 1, 2 or 3weeks away, What will you do?

1Corithians 15:51-52
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Brethren, I am not Here to set date or time! But I need you to understand, know and Consider that JESUS IS COMING!

I need you to know and Understand that the Trumpet will Blast at any Moment. It's gonna be Suddenly, with no information or Announcement.

I need you to understand that your life is not in your Hands and it could be Gone at anytime.

Repent! Believe the Gospel! Accept JESUS Christ!
Flee From All appearances of Sin,worldliness, Wickedness and Abominations.

Live Ready! Let no one Deceive or confuse you!
The Coming of JESUS is Here.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by DappaD: 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
So where is the word “rapture” located in either 1Corinthians 15:51-52, 1Thessalonians 4:16-17 or any other part of the Bible? undecided
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
OP, why do you "rapture" folks ask some of the most inane questions of people. You are told that no one knows when it will happen, yet here you are asking folks what if it happens in 1 or2 or 3 weeks?
What if it happens in the next 10 minutes? What if it happens 98 years from now? NO ONE KNOWS!

The answer is that simple... Even the ones you quote are themselves sleeping in their graves, waiting for the time when Jesus Christ will return so they can either be ushered into Heaven or Hell at that time.

Jesus Christ never told you to go around trying to "scare people straight" by suggesting times when it could happen. He was clear that NO ONE KNOWS!
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Eviana(f): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
Of course we don't know the exact date of Christ' second coming, but we are given scripture to help us recognize "events" or "signs of the times" clearer.
A series of events has to occur on this earth...the time of tribulation (which even God's people will have to go through) will have to occur before Christ comes to redeem us. Prayer and study of the Word can more fully help one who may be confused about this.

Probation (meaning death) could close anyday for anyone since we don't know exactly when we will die.

It's best we live each day having our salvation sure....telling others about the Lord and knowing who we belong to and living obediently to Him.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Eviana(f): 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
DappaD:
So where is the word “rapture” located in either 1Corinthians 15:51-52, 1Thessalonians 4:16-17 or any other part of the Bible? undecided

Not sure if you are a Christian or not, but I am in the tiny minority here about that word you bolded.
It doesn't exist in the bible...the word "rapture" or "secret rapture".
Hollywood got in the bible and interpreted it the way it wanted to....regarding an alleged "secret rapture".
There will be no secret rapture....as shockingly as that may seem to the majority of the Christian world.

Matthew 24:37(KJV)

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Many well-meaning Christians just don't understand this event...
Actually, below is one of the scriptures (that you posted above) that is difficult for people to understand and describes what will occur after the great tribulation. People will be "caught up", but as far as the actual word "rapture" being in the Bible..it doesn't exist.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 (KJV)

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The words "caught up" are presumed to mean "rapture".
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by IfIPerishIPeris: 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
DappaD:

Have you ever seen the Word Bible in the Bible?
If you can't see the Rapture in the verses mentioned then you are on your own
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by IfIPerishIPeris: 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Eviana:
Of course we don't know the exact date of Christ' second coming, but we are given scripture to help us recognize "events" or "signs of the times" clearer.
A series of events has to occur on this earth...the time of tribulation (which even God's people will have to go through) will have to occur before Christ comes to redeem us. Prayer and study of the Word can more fully help one who may be confused about this.
I
Probation (meaning death) could close anyday for anyone since we don't know exactly when we will die.

It's best we live each day having our salvation sure....telling others about the Lord and knowing who we belong to and living obediently to Him.
Good for you Ma!
Keep waiting for The Tribulations!
If the Price JESUS paid on the cross is not ok for you to be Saved,then it is unfortunate! So maybe the one you will pay by yourself in the Tribulation will be ok .
Let it be to you according as you say!

People of GOD, let no one Deceive you!
The Rapture is here!
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by DappaD: 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
Eviana:

Not sure if you are a Christian or not, but I am in the tiny minority here about that word you bolded.
It doesn't exist in the bible.
Hollywood got in the bible and interpreted it the way it wanted to.
There will be no secret rapture....as shockingly as that may seem to the majority of the Christian world.
Many well-meaning Christians just don't understand this event...
Actually, this is one of the scriptures (that you posted above) that is difficult for people to understand and describes what will occur after the great tribulation.
1 Thessalonians 4:17 (KJV)
The words "caught up" are presumed to mean "rapture".

So what you're saying is that one day people will stay and start disappearing with their fleshly body to heaven?
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Eviana(f): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
DappaD:

So what you're saying is that one day people will stay and start disappearing with their fleshly body to heaven?

Not at all.
The scriptures explain the 2nd Coming in Revelation....the book of prophecy regarding the end times of earth's history.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by DappaD: 9:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
IfIPerishIPeris:

Have you ever seen the Word Bible in the Bible?
If you can't see the Rapture in the verses mentioned then you are on your own

Weak analogy.
The word “Bible” simply means “book”. In this context, we can refer to the “book” that contains the “Scriptures”. The word “Scripture” which means “writing” occurs a significant number of times in the Bible. Acts 8:32, 2Timothy 3:16
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by DappaD: 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Eviana:

Not at all.
The scriptures explain the 2nd Coming in Revelation....the book of prophecy regarding the end times of earth's history.

I do not understand you one bit. The earth is never to be destroyed says Psalm 104:5 & Ecclesiastes 1:4.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by IfIPerishIPeris: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
DappaD:

Weak analogy.
The word “Bible” simply means “book”. In this context, we can refer to the “book” that contains the “Scriptures”. The word “Scripture” which means “writing” occurs a significant number of times in the Bible. Acts 8:32, 2Timothy 3:16

I hear u sir! Keep searching for analogy!
So you know what Bible means and u don't know what Rapture means! That's Wonderful

If you don't believe it or you don't see it, when it happens, it will be Practical.

Arguing Bible is what I do not do.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by DappaD: 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
OK. When you're done gallivanting, locate the word “rapture” in the Bible and get back to me.

IfIPerishIPeris:

I hear u sir! Keep searching for analogy!
If you don't believe it or you don't see it, when it happens, it will be Practical.
Arguing Bible is what I do not do.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Eviana(f): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
IfIPerishIPeris:

Good for you Ma!
If the Price JESUS paid on the cross is not ok for you to be Saved,then it is unfortunate! So maybe the one you will pay by yourself in the Tribulation will be ok .

The Rapture is here!

I apologize and meant no disrespect nor do I intend to argue.
You are my Christian brother...I believe.....however sometimes "we" as Christians don't always understand scripture passages.
No one in his/her right mind, wants to go through any sort of tribulations/trials or even death. No one likes uncomfortable situations...
Yet never did Jesus promise us a smooth, trouble-free life. We get to experience it all as soldiers on this earthly journey.
The Bible (not myself) states in Revelation that the saints will have to go through something just as the Christians in the Dark Ages, the disciples and apostles did, and modern Christians living in non-friendly Christian countries do...
Yes, Christ died for me...and I owe Him everything...which is a life surrendered and obedient to Him...regardless of what earthly consequences may occur.
I can't change what the Bible says....
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Eviana(f): 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
DappaD:

I do not understand you one bit. The earth is never to be destroyed says Psalm 104:5 & Ecclesiastes 1:4.

Ok...so you are or aren't a Christian?
I also didn't understand fully what you typed.
The book of Revelation states that the earth as we know it, will be destroyed and made anew.
If you accept/say "yes", and give me a few days, I can suggest a biblical presentation which will help you understand the Book of Revelation....
You won't then be confused with scripture verses as the one you stated above.
If you'd like it, please let me know.
I, as well, don't argue over scripture....
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by IfIPerishIPeris: 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
Eviana:

I meant no disrespect nor do I intend to argue.
You are my Christian brother....however sometimes "we" as Christians don't always understand scripture passages.
No one in his/her right mind, wants to go through any sort of tribulations/trials or even death. No one likes uncomfortable situations...
Yet never did Jesus promise us a smooth, trouble-free life. We get to experience it all as soldiers on this earthly journey.
The Bible (not myself) states in Revelation that the saints will have to go through something just as the Christians in the Dark Ages, the disciples and apostles did, and modern Christians living in non-friendly Christian countries..
Yes, Christ died for me...and I owe Him everything...which is a life surrendered and obedient to Him.
I can't change what the Bible says....
My Sister, I Believe you do not understand the Bible.
I Read the Word! I Believe the Word! I Trust the Word!

Ordinarily, JESUS says my Coming will be Like in the days of Noah and Lot! Flexing, partying, Marriage and giving in marriage and so on.

That Scripture alone should make you know that what you say is wrong! Is it during the Tribulation that people will be marrying and giving in Marriage?

Do you Understand what the GT is? Do you Understand the times of Jacob's Trouble?
I doubt you do.

Like I said before, as you say, so be it unto you! But I Admonish you to get Prepared to Meet JESUS not getting Prepared for GT..
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Eviana(f): 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2020
IfIPerishIPeris:

My Sister, I Believe you do not understand the Bible.
I Read the Word! I Believe the Word! I Yrust the Word!

Ordinarily, JESUS says my Coming will be Luke in the days of Noah and Lot! Flexing, partying, Marriage and giving in marriage and so on.

That Scripture alone should make you know that what you say is wrong! Is during the Tribulation that people will be marrying and giving in Marriage?

Do you Understand what the GT is? Do you Understand the times of Jacob's Trouble?
I doubt you do.

Like I said before, as you say, so be it unto you! But I Admonish you to get Prepared to Meet JESUS not getting Prepared for GT..

Ok...thank you.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by DappaD: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and you see that book of Revelations we have thoroughly dissected and understood it decades ago. There's no place in the book of Revelation that suggests that the earth will be destroyed. Revelation chapters 16-19 says those to be destroyed are to be the human governments and every individual who doesn't know Jehovah God and obey the good news of his Son, Jesus Christ. 2Thessalonians 1:7-9/Psalm 37:10

Because you saw a “new earth” in Revelation 21:1 doesn't mean this present earth will be destroyed or else it would negate Psalm 78:69, 104:5 & Ecclesiastes 1:4.
Since the book of Revelations was given to John in signs & symbols, then it ought to carry a hidden, deeper meaning. Revelation 1:1
After all, according to Peter's logic, the former “earth” of Noah's day was destroyed, yet the earth remained. 2Peter 3:5-7
Therefore the word “earth” can mean peoples/society of humans. Genesis 11:1, Psalm 66:4, 96:1
So according to 1John 2:17, it is the wicked society or “earth” of humans that are to be destroyed not the literal earth. Psalm 119:90

Eviana:

Ok...so you are or aren't a Christian?
I also didn't understand fully what you typed.
The book of Revelation states that the earth as we know it, will be destroyed and made anew.
If you accept/say "yes", and give me a few days, I can suggest a biblical presentation which will help you understand the Book of Revelation....
You won't then be confused with scripture verses as the one you stated above.
If you'd like it, please let me know.
I, as well, don't argue over scripture....

Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Eviana(f): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
DappaD:
I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses and you see that book of Revelations we have thoroughly dissected and understood it decades ago. There's no place in the book of Revelation that suggests that the earth will be destroyed. Revelation 16-19 says it's going to be the human governments and every individual who doesn't know Jehovah God and obey the good news of his Son, Jesus Christ. 2Thessalonians 1:7-9/Psalm 37:10

Because you saw a “new earth” in Revelation 21:1 doesn't mean this present earth will be destroyed or else it would negate Psalm 78:69, 104:5 & Ecclesiastes 1:4.
Since the book of Revelations was given to John in signs & symbols, then it ought to carry a hidden, deeper meaning. Revelation 1:1
After all, according to Peter's logic, the former “earth” of Noah's day was destroyed, yet the earth remained. 2Peter 3:5-7
Therefore the word “earth” can mean peoples/society of humans. Genesis 11:1, Psalm 66:4, 96:1
So according to 1John 2:17, it is the wicked society or “earth” of humans that are to be destroyed not the literal earth. Psalm 119:90

Ok....thank you.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by obonujoker(m): 5:58am On Dec 24, 2020
IfIPerishIPeris:

Good for you Ma!

The Rapture is here!
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Dtruthspeaker: 8:46am On Dec 24, 2020
IfIPerishIPeris:

What if what you call the rapture has taken occurred?
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by IfIPerishIPeris: 8:48am On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

What if what you call the rapture has taken occurred?

Do you know what the Rapture is?

If you do, you won't make such statements
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Dtruthspeaker: 8:52am On Dec 24, 2020
DappaD:

When I tear down and rebuilt my house have I not restored all?

And because of this you had to wrongfully say (let me not say you Lie)

DappaD:

There's no place in the book of Revelation that suggests that the earth will be destroyed.

When infact you have acknowledged that it is there in the Bible to wit

DappaD:

Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by obonujoker(m): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2020
So this is righteousness89 again grin
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by obonujoker(m): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2020
DappaD:

The Earth will be destroyed by fiery fire... However a new heaven and a new Earth will be created ..

How is that the Bible will say something plain, and people keep refuting and saying something else?? Na wa o
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2020
IfIPerishIPeris:

Do you know what the Rapture is?

If you do, you won't make such statements

I do sir and I respectfully ask you what is the spirit and idea of what you call rapture?
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by DappaD: 9:13am On Dec 24, 2020
obonujoker:

The Earth will be destroyed by fiery fire... However a new heaven and a new Earth will be created ..
How is that the Bible will say something plain, and people keep refuting and saying something else?? Na wa o

Pay attention.

DappaD:

Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by obonujoker(m): 9:22am On Dec 24, 2020
DappaD:

Pay attention.

Explain this then...

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21:10, 22-23
And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:30am On Dec 24, 2020
You've given them the hint they needed so leave them to continue arguing with one another! cheesy

One thing that's certain is only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are one just as Jesus and his father are one in line of thought {John 17:20-23} all those who feels like pitching their tent against JWs will never unite or speak in harmony, you just allow them do their stuff and see how their conversation turns to
"isu ata yánan yànan"
loosely translated
"yam pepper SCATTER SCATTER!" Luke 11:23 cheesy

DappaD:

Pay attention.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by DappaD: 9:33am On Dec 24, 2020
obonujoker:

Explain this then...

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 1:1 proves that Revelation 21:1 is written in signs.
“Heaven” simply represents the ruling government because Ephesians 6:12 says that Satan and his demons are ruling from heavenly places that is, through the visible human governments of this world.

“Earth” here signifies the human society/peoples of the world i.e. the common man who doesn't wield power. The Bible has often referred to human settlements as “earth”. Genesis 11:1

“Sea” according to Isaiah 57:20 represents the “wicked” humans who are alienated from God.

So the “new heavens” represents a ruling class made up of Jesus Christ alongside with his “bride” numbering into a 144,000 who are all standing on the heavenly Mount Zion(Revelation 7:1-8, 14:1-5, 20:4-6) and exercising rulership over the earth. Revelation 5:10

The “new earth” represents the new, refined human society who recognize God's authority which according to Revelation 7:9-14 will be an immeasurable number.

The “sea” will be no more, in that the wicked ones who have been troubling the peace of the earth will be completely destroyed which will in effect fulfill Psalm 37:10 see also Isaiah 57:20.
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by obonujoker(m): 9:52am On Dec 24, 2020
DappaD:

Revelation 1:1 proves that Revelation 21:1 is written in signs.
“Heaven” simply represents the ruling government because Ephesians 6:12 says that Satan and his demons are ruling from heavenly places that is, through the visible human governments of this world.

“Earth” here signifies the human society/peoples of the world i.e. the common man who doesn't wield power. The Bible has often referred to human settlements as “earth”. Genesis 11:1

“Sea” according to Isaiah 57:20 represents the “wicked” humans who are alienated from God.

So the “new heavens” represents a ruling class made up of Jesus Christ alongside with his “bride” numbering into a 144,000 who are all standing on the heavenly Mount Zion(Revelation 7:1-8, 14:1-5, 20:4-6) and exercising rulership over the earth. Revelation 5:10

The “new earth” represents the new, refined human society who recognize God's authority which according to Revelation 7:9-14 will be an immeasurable number.

The “sea” will be no more, in that the wicked ones who have been troubling the peace of the earth will be completely destroyed which will in effect fulfill Psalm 37:10 see also Isaiah 57:20.

Wow. This is a nice explanation. We learn everyday.

However if you see this scripture..

You'd agree with me that the Earth has never been destroyed completely before, however a set of people have passed away either through judgement or natural death or wars etc?

The first Earth! The first heaven?

Think on it bro.

I enjoyed the breakdown of the scriptures... More grace to you
Re: What If The Rapture Is ...... by IfIPerishIPeris: 10:40am On Dec 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I do sir and I respectfully ask you what is the spirit and idea of what you call rapture?

Bro! Which one is Spirit or idea! These are Grammars. Let's leave Grammar and follow Scriptures.

Rapture is the Catching away of the saints to Meet JESUS in the air.

The Rapture is a Mystery! The Greatest Mystery to Hit Humanity.

The Bible alone is the Guide. That's what I Follow and Believe with all my Heart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Nights Of Glory 2021 / Kemi Olunloyo Comments On Prophet TB Joshua / The End Times And Rapture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.