Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? (49763 Views)

Help!Denied welcome back;Have NIN But No Slip. / NIMC Issues Out Fresh Instructions For Those Who Don’t Have NIN / How To Check For Bvn Using Ussd Code | Bvn Ussd Code For All Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Sofistcatdmoron: 7:31am On Dec 24, 2020
Bvn, nin, next year they will tell us to register for hiv

5 Likes

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Ayoswit(f): 7:31am On Dec 24, 2020
k

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by gassbee: 7:32am On Dec 24, 2020
Just dial *346#, u would b surprised that u already have NIN

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by BleedingPen: 7:32am On Dec 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by lexy2014: 7:32am On Dec 24, 2020
odave:
Can Nigeria afford to lose over 160 million active subscribers? It's impossible... But we all know the type of people we have up there... They are rulers not leaders

Very true but we nigerians are too compliant. We don't no d power we have as a people. We allow d govt to threaten us& get away with it. D same govt that has failed in it's primary responsibilities is threatening nigerians & everyone is running all over d place. No matter d level of gun violence in d US & threats by any govt, Americans will never give up their guns because they no it's their right to have guns. But we don't no it's our right not to have our phone lines disconnected no matter govts flimsy excuses or threats

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by slex(m): 7:32am On Dec 24, 2020
Haha

Just tried it and it worked o..
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by molybdenum0012: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2020
Actually, if you have your BVN done at the initial stage, you automatically have your NIN. That is so true.

Now the issue is this. The system automatically generates your NIN after registering your BVN then, but with no biodata of yours. That is, NIN with blank details. So, you will still need to visit Nimc office to capture your biodata details.

7 Likes

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by lexy2014: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:
Bvn, nin, next year they will tell us to register for hiv

Exactly. But our people aren't seeing this. Govt wasting people's time on frivolities
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by omoharry(f): 7:35am On Dec 24, 2020
SolexxBarry:
If your bvn starts with 221 you are lucky,

just tell your account officer to give you a print out of your bvn,

You will find your NIN there
Did you know of anyone that tried it and his NIN was found there ? My BVN number started with 221.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Didi2d(m): 7:35am On Dec 24, 2020
And glo has recycled and sold the number I used in registering my BVN., this number was also my permanent WhatsApp number

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Godbless3(m): 7:35am On Dec 24, 2020
Ayetobi92:
i think the message is for those who registered their bvn at the initial stage in 2014

So, me that register for NIN in 2013 and BVN 2014 in GTB, it means i have two NIN?
Just asking tho.

6 Likes

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by SGANIVA(m): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2020
which state are you?abi na money you want
Jemiwizzy:
I found it difficult to afford a room
any help please?
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Naija4love(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2020
SolexxBarry:
If your bvn starts with 221 you are lucky,

just tell your account officer to give you a print out of your bvn,

You will find your NIN there
I just try the code on mtn now and it give me NIN number and I never register but my glo no work.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by snipesdam(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2020
psychologist:
I haven't don't NIN registration at any point in time before. But was surprised to get a NIN number back when I failed *346#.

How do I verify that the nin number I got is mine?

Visit your bank to verify on NIBSS portal.
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Minjim: 7:39am On Dec 24, 2020
willybaby:
If Nigerians weren't funny people I wonder how just 40mil plus only registered for NIN something that's been going on for almost 10 years now and it's free for that matter... Now there's a new policy see the rush , crowd etc just like in the time of bvn Nigerians don't learn... Any NIMC employee using this opportunity to be corrupt and charging people 5k, 10k, to expedite there nin process may u lose your job and those willing to pay bribe after not doing what you should have done for years may you lose that money you want to use as bribe ..

Where are you located?..

I remembered the stress of trying to register my NIN. At Festac, my sister and cousin would go to the LGA at 5 am to write their names on the queue list but still found it filled.
I gave up on the process when their outlets started springing up at road sides asking for #500 b4 you're registered .
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by adeowo84(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2020
MichaelSokoto:
which kyne news be dis?
I register my bvn first, then years later, my NIN, no way NIN is allocated to ur bvn...
angry

rush-rush to book space & comment fabu...

oya collect!
angry

Funny enough, my wife have not done her NIN reg. But I dial *346# and was issue her NIN...that was 4 days ago

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by almarthins(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2020
Ayetobi92:
i think the message is for those who registered their bvn at the initial stage in 2014

May be thats what happened to me, i was shocked when i dial *346# and behold NIN just pop up. I no need queue up and pay agbero money again
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 24, 2020
COURVOISier:
I saw my NIN when I open my gtbank app like 6 months ago.

Thanks for this, just logged in my GTB internet banking dashboard and found my NIN there. I saw it a couple months ago but forgot until I came across this your post. You've saved me the stress grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by adeowo84(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2020
omoharry:
Did you know of anyone that tried it and his NIN was found there ? My BVN number started with 221.

I dialed the code and got the NIN for my wife about 4 days ago...but she haven't done her registration before
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by almarthins(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2020
Naija4love:
I just try the code on mtn now and it give me NIN number and I never register but my glo no work.
yeah same o! Bvn started with 221
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by bluefilm: 7:43am On Dec 24, 2020
willybaby:
If Nigerians weren't funny people I wonder how just 40mil plus only registered for NIN something that's been going on for almost 10 years now and it's free for that matter... Now there's a new policy see the rush , crowd etc just like in the time of bvn Nigerians don't learn... Any NIMC employee using this opportunity to be corrupt and charging people 5k, 10k, to expedite there nin process may u lose your job and those willing to pay bribe after not doing what you should have done for years may you lose that money you want to use as bribe ..

That's Nigerians for you.

In general, they hardly learn.

They will wait till the last day before taking action... and then they start blaming Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by BlessedNuel: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2020
Wahala be like bicycle....e dey easy to start
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by expert1(m): 7:45am On Dec 24, 2020
I got my NIN from a bank last year when I wanted to open an account with them. I got to the NIMC center the next day to pick the slip but met a mammoth crowd. The officials needed me to bribe before I can do the registration. I had to leave so far I have the number already.

The BVN generated the NIN automatically but our rulers enjoy seeing us suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by hohafrank(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2020
On the contrary, it is those that have NIN that have their BVN linked to them.
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Kirinwa: 7:47am On Dec 24, 2020
You need Nin to register for BVN.

So invariably, yes.
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Mokason288(m): 7:48am On Dec 24, 2020
odave:
Can Nigeria afford to lose over 160 million active subscribers? It's impossible... But we all know the type of people we have up there... They are rulers not leaders
E go shock you... do you think Buhari has sense?

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by expert1(m): 7:48am On Dec 24, 2020
bluefilm:

That's Nigerians for you.

In general, they hardly learn.

They wait till the last day before taking action... and then they start blaming Buhari.

Ballot boxes were brought to us every 4 years. Why must we always suffer to get registered for things like this. Why can't we have a center in every Ward?

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by tunjijones(m): 7:48am On Dec 24, 2020
Karlifate:
Summary of the OP:

But i just checked using the Short code and find out i already have NIN.
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by Sofistcatdmoron: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2020
lexy2014:

Exactly. But our people aren't seeing this. Govt wasting people's time on frivolities
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by 2sexycom(m): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2020
femi4:
Exactly, that broadcast was ridiculous. You claimed to have NIN yet your records wasn't found
some persons actually found theirs using that information while some couldn't
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by tunjijones(m): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2020
adeowo84:

I dialed the code and got the NIN for my wife about 4 days ago...but she haven't done her registration before
Re: Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? by macho44(m): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2020
dre11:
[/b]

https://punchng.com/fact-check-is-it-true-that-those-who-registered-for-bvn-automatically-have-nin/
Yest, it;s true. Dial *346# with the phone number you used to register for BVN. Tried it last night and i got mines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaizmJd9TFQ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Just Got The New Infinix Hot 10 (Unboxing Pictures) / How To Use MTN Bis To Browse On Android Smartphones Through Droid VPN / If You Use Any Of These , Then You're Older Than Your Age..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.