Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Can I Sue My Bank For This? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Sue My Bank For This? (570 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / What Are My Chances If I Sue A Bank For Withholding My 2k? / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sue My Bank For This? by Dagah2: 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
I made a USSD bill payment sometime mid October this year. My bank, Access bank debited the said sum with their charge from my account but failed to credit the intended receiving platform. I called the customer centre to register the case severally with their promise of reversing the money under 48 working hours each time. It lingered till I visited one of their branches and was instructed to pen a letter to the branch manager. I wrote him with the response still being same. I went back but was still told to call the contact center and mail them...same thing, till now, the money is yet to be reversed.
Somehow, I can narrate how the non reversal (and even non crediting of the intended platform) of the money has cost me huge loss(running into millions) and embarrassment. I want to know if I can sue Access bank for damages and embarrassment caused and if so, how?
Cc: lalasticlacla
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by Dagah2: 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2020
I need this to the front page, please.
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by FarahAideed: 11:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
Go to twitter and narrate your story and then tag CBN and the bank in question
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by SIRRITE: 11:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by Afostev11(m): 11:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
very well just get a good lawyer and your business transaction you lost, u gonna have ur money back through them
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
The best place to treat the Bleep up of this banks is on Twitter. Narrate your ordeal and tag the necessary pages or people.
Those banks have started misbehaving but are always scared of being dragged online.
Just because of this same issue I had with First Bank ( but just #300,when I tried making payment into my bet account; I was debited but my bet account wasn't credited). It was later reversed after a month. DM your bank on Twitter,(not Facebook) and complain, it will be resolved sooner than when you complain at their branch or send a mail
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 24, 2020
Banks were meant for saving money.

Then again,it seems it is now meant for something more than that undecided
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by cyrusmillz: 12:45am On Dec 24, 2020
Access bank again ?? Just send a complaint mail to access bank customer care and CC cbn
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by PlayerMeji: 1:32am On Dec 24, 2020
Nigerian banks are nothing shy of your piggybank...
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by capitalzero: 3:48am On Dec 24, 2020
FarahAideed:

Take this advice op. You should have copied CBN customer care ab initio
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by Dagah2: 6:19am On Dec 24, 2020
FarahAideed:
Thanks but as it stands, I want them to pay for the damages they've caused and not just reversing the money. I read a lot about individuals suing firms for little things in developed nations but not much is heard over here.
Would these banks not on their own accord reverse failed transactions? What becomes of the money? Why will they be enriching themselves from people's sweat? I believe if they are constantly sued for damages, they will have to do the right thing without being reminded.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by Dagah2: 6:21am On Dec 24, 2020
capitalzero:

Take this advice op. You should have copied CBN customer care ab initio
I am not on Twitter, again will tagging CBN make them pay me for the damages and embarrassments?
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by adenike21273: 9:08am On Dec 24, 2020
Re: Can I Sue My Bank For This? by Paramountgift(f): 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dagah2:
I made a USSD bill payment sometime mid October this year. My bank, Access bank debited the said sum with their charge from my account but failed to credit the intended receiving platform. I called the customer centre to register the case severally with their promise of reversing the money under 48 working hours each time. It lingered till I visited one of their branches and was instructed to pen a letter to the branch manager. I wrote him with the response still being same. I went back but was still told to call the contact center and mail them...same thing, till now, the money is yet to be reversed.
Somehow, I can narrate how the non reversal (and even non crediting of the intended platform) of the money has cost me huge loss(running into millions) and embarrassment. I want to know if I can sue Access bank for damages and embarrassment caused and if so, how?
Cc: lalasticlacla

Was your bank issue resolved?

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can A Student Do In School To Survive?? / Make Money Online Daily With Free Automatic Robot / Fresh, Valid & Updated International Email Leads Available (in Categories)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.