Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. (32464 Views)

How To Recover Your Money Back After Making A Wrong Transfer (tested) / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by GreatVocalist: 9:55pm On Mar 16
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

LIGHT SUPERMARKET, that's the only information I have.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by kestolove95(m): 9:58pm On Mar 16
God Don answer ur prayer give ursef a treat

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Gadafii: 10:00pm On Mar 16
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you

Modified…..

I see some of you are quoting me saying bull crap and all, because I advised him not to spend it..it is well oo

Someone said he’s already looking at the money one kind and you are saying he won’t spend it

If he like make he spend am. There are two possible outcome, he either get away with that or get blacklisted

I doubt if he would prefer the later, because the chances of the former is very slim

287 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by HugeElephant(f): 10:02pm On Mar 16
Please be a honest Nigerian

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by iamtardey: 10:02pm On Mar 16
I get PalmPay

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by thesicilian: 10:03pm On Mar 16
Let it not be that they've turned you to aza man without your permission o. Better report yourself to the bank

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by HugeElephant(f): 10:05pm On Mar 16
Gadafii:
If you know what’s good for you and value your peace of mind, don’t spend 1 kobo from that money, eventually the supermarket would find out about the wrong transfer and complain at their bank and the bank would initiate Post no debit (PND) on the recipient account which is you, they interbank means and you may be requested to show at the bank, incase you have spent it… it may be escalated to cbn and your BVN is used to blacklist all your bank accounts

Best thing is to report to your bank and let them contact the sender on your behalf but don’t transfer the money to the bank, insist the transfer must be made to the sender or you speak with the supermarket

But incase you have strength for wahala you can g ahead and spend it hoping the owner don’t find out cos if they do, wahala go full ground for you

You don't need to threaten him.
He can spend the money and get away with it.
He can claim he was also expecting transfers from other sources.

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by GreatVocalist: 10:06pm On Mar 16
Gadafii:

I created this thread to know how to get the money back to the sender. Spending it is not on my agenda.

Thank you so much!

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by JealousCobra(m): 10:26pm On Mar 16
HugeElephant:
Please be a honest Nigerian

Hmm, better Nigerian 😄

If to say it found it's way into your account, by now na N250 for remain.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Kelklein(m): 10:59pm On Mar 16
Go to your bank on Monday and complain.. they would help reverse it..

Well done 👍🏼

What is rightfully yours would locate you this same way..

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Illegal1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 16
omoh.........i no knw y all dis kind wrong transfer no dey ever see my acct enter.

i wn jst check if i be honest nigerian or not.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Illegal1(m): 11:11pm On Mar 16
Gadafii:

omoh.........senior man abeg 4get long preaching,the matter no go anywere..

he go spend the money and notin go happen..las las he go tell them say he no dey receive alert,so he no knw wen money enter he acct..

dat supermarket get luck say nah good guy acct the money enter,if not..dat money nah bye bye...NO CASE.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Smartguyboy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 16
Cele church prayer point .

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by advanceDNA: 12:59am On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

The only thing they can do is wait till he has enough to refund them (if at all he wants to)
Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details.

U don't know what u are saying

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by talk2hb1(m): 4:28am On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:
I woke up this morning to what seems to be a wrong transfer made to my account, from a supermarket named Light Supermarket.

I waited all day to see if I'd get a call from someone, acknowledging the transaction error, but none came in.

The money still dey my account like this as I dey type so. It's not a very huge sum, but it's not small either. My eyes don dey look am one kind o. Please anyone who knows someone from that supermarket should tell them.

The money is too small to be in authorities mess, because they will definitely come for you if the super market reported the transaction.
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by SporaD8: 4:32am On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

I created this thread to know how to get the money back to the sender. Spending it is not on my agenda.

Thank you so much!
Go to your bank on Monday, see the customer service desk. They will give you the account number of the sender and you can send the money back to sender.
Reject any spirit of greed especially if your account is link to BVN!!!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Rexymania(m): 5:42am On Mar 17
Hmmm try your possible best to return it... Bcus if they go to the bank, you go vomit am o if you duh chop am

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by talk2hb1(m): 5:51am On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

Try search them on CAC portal if the name is registered with CAC

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by faceland: 6:18am On Mar 17
If you can, make God proud and report to your bank. You don't even need to go to bank, just send them message on social media or their website.

Chopping the money would affect that account but your BVN is safe. If you are not a real criminal, your conscience might bring bad karma... Also remember nothing is free. The person that made the mistake is waiting for Monday to report in person at the bank and might have already been sacked.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Starboytwo(m): 8:44am On Mar 17
Runaway

Do face surgery

Japa

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by abbasajao(m): 9:56am On Mar 17
[quote author=HugeElephant post=128962528]

Individuals are responsible for wrong transfers and not the receiving account details. [/quote
Yes he can spend the money but never get away with it.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by fidelmarshal199: 12:51pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

Yeah, He will be waiting in the prison till the money is complete. You have a very myopic reasoning.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by phemmie06(m): 1:52pm On Mar 17
Send the money to my account to confirm if it is transferable, and I will send it back to you after confirmation.
Deal or no deal

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Authoreety: 1:53pm On Mar 17
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by GRACEGLORY: 1:53pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

It could be a mistake initiated by GOD to look for a trusted person.
Refund it bro. Press further to get their info.

We sell BARELY USED TVs with minor handling. “Excellent choice for those who want to be assured of the brands’ manufacturers quality.” 100% guarantee of authenticity

https://www.nairaland.com/4403197/barely-used-smart-web-2.0/201

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by betonnaira: 1:54pm On Mar 17
GreatVocalist:

how much
Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Authoreety: 1:54pm On Mar 17
fidelmarshal199:

Yeah, He will be waiting in the prison till the money is complete. You have a very myopic reasoning.

Yes, he is right... You are the one who's reasoning is terrible

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Tochi360: 1:54pm On Mar 17
Don't spend a dime of it.

You will be tracked.

No sense in enjoying small only to enter GIGANTIC wahala oo.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by clems88(m): 1:54pm On Mar 17
Miracle alert shocked . Your prayer has answered . Rejoice and be glad cheesy

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by ogawisdom(m): 1:54pm On Mar 17
Return it to the owner by going to your bank to reverse it

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Ashawoman82: 1:55pm On Mar 17
HugeElephant:

no mind the mumu guy, see him. Mouth like escalate to cbn.. Lol... Even the bank don't have time to attend to u for ur silly mistake, make him dey play.

Re: Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. by Hollyharjii: 1:55pm On Mar 17
Gadafii, the second person to comment must be a banker

MTN To Exit Liberia, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry / Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents / ₦‎1 Trillion Old Notes Received By CBN, Banks - Emefiele