Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:31 AM

Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete (4949 Views)

Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Aconomist: 4:23am On Dec 24, 2020
Godons1:

IGBO MAN, stop hating DANGOTE. Na to dey hate person wey pass you, you sabi. The North leads while others follow. grin grin

Dangote Amaka

For the last time, I'm not igbo. Your racism against those people is clouding your judgement. Every bad thing in Nigeria, you blame on Igbo. And delete that creepy picture, pls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Godons1: 4:23am On Dec 24, 2020
blamingthedevil:

Stop using other moniker to reply yourself. Go face your future and dream of becoming somebody in life, rather than have sleepless nights on your own lies . As of today Dangote is worth $18.1 billion Dollars.

https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/profiles/aliko-dangote/

This facts alone gives all IGBO SLEEPLESS NIGHTS. DANGOTE alone is richer than all wealthy IGBO MEN put together. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Godons1: 4:26am On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:

For the last time, I'm not igbo. Your racism against those people is clouding your judgement. Every bad thing in Nigeria, you blame on Igbo. And delete that creepy picture, pls.

Guy, you be be confirm IGBO MAN. Your identity is written all over your posts. Quit denying your identity.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by DSoj(m): 4:27am On Dec 24, 2020
Someone whose father cannot build ordinary bread shop is calling Dangote a scam... grin thunder that will fire u is doing press up

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Godons1: 4:33am On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:
Dangote is given special privileges by the Nigerian government, and allowed to monopolize key industries. We DEMAND that he complete these projects. He owes us a functional refinery after all the profit he makes from Nigerians.

Chai, no go kill yourself over this DANGOTE REFINERY. Since you are mandating him to complete the project, why don't you approach him to say these things you just spewed here? Na Kirikiri Maximum prison you go find yourself. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Aconomist: 4:38am On Dec 24, 2020
DSoj:
Someone whose father cannot build ordinary bread shop is calling Dangote a scam... grin thunder that will fire u is doing press up

Provide evidence that the refinery is not a scam. I want this project to succeed more than you do because it is the only hope of Nigeria escaping stagnation and developing an industrial economy. However, Dangote doesn't seem to be serious about the project. I've been following this project since 2016 -- every year, Dangote says the refinery will be complete. But there is always an excuse.

First he delayed it because of flooding. Next it was inability to access steel. Now, it is coronavirus, etc. Something is fishy. And we should be demanding answers instead of acting like children. I don't know why Nigerians must behave like dumb monkeys; always suffering and smiling and defending the indefensible. Wetin you dey lose if I pressure Dangote to stop lying to the public and make good on his promises?

10 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Aconomist: 4:43am On Dec 24, 2020
If you ask me, I think he is using the project as an excuse to obtain forex at the CBN rate.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Nobody: 4:53am On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:
If you ask me, I think he is using the project as an excuse to obtain forex at the CBD rate and engage in mass importation of fuel. That is why he has built so many tank farms but no real refinery.
so unfortunate you lack sense. Have you seen any vessels bringing fuel there or tankers taking fuel from ibeju lekki area. The internet sadly allows many stupid people to type ctap

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Aconomist: 5:05am On Dec 24, 2020
Kekereekun123:
so unfortunate you lack sense. Have you seen any vessels bringing fuel there or tankers taking fuel from ibeju lekki area. The internet sadly allows many stupid people to type ctap
I never said he is using the refinery site to import fuel. He is using the forex to import fuel. This is the same thing he does with sugar. The CBN gives him access to forex to produce sugar from his farms, but he uses most of the forex to import sugar and makes excuses why the farms aren't working. Rabiu is engaged in the same business.

For every 1 ton of sugar they produce, they are importing 99 tones.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:
I never said he is using the refinery site to import fuel. He is using the forex to import fuel. This is the same thing he does with sugar. The CBN gives him access to forex to produce sugar from his farms, but he uses most of the forex to import sugar and makes excuses why the farms aren't working. Rabiu is engaged in the same business.

For every 1 ton of sugar they produce, they are importing 99 tones.
only nnpc has been importing fuel since subsidy ended
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Aconomist: 5:18am On Dec 24, 2020
Kekereekun123:
O.K. if that is the case, I'll concede that point.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 24, 2020
Ever8090:
oga!!..we all know everyone on this forum by their comment..so sto denying yourself

How does the post show him as an Igbo man? Must everyone agree with your opinion to come from your village?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:
Dangote's 650,000 BPD oil refinery is a scam of epic proportions. Every year Dangote extends the completion date. First, he said it would be complete in 2016, then he extended it to 2018 -- now, he is saying 2021. But in reality, the project will never be completed. The project is already abandoned. There have been no workers or serious construction activity for several years.

The news media is using pictures of Dangote's moribund fertilizer plant and saying that is the core refinery. Na lie. I have obtained recent drone footage of the real refinery. Here is conclusive evidence that the project isn't even 10% complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIbVfQlEId0&t=160s

Compare the pathetic state of the Dangote refinery to the functional Jamnagar refinery in India.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1uFDVdR_ug&t=72s

Were you the one that took the view or you saw it online?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by candygist: 6:15am On Dec 24, 2020
Ever8090:
Oga...go build your own complete am..leave Dangote with him abandon refinery..person no dey big pass una...5 kobo you no get but bad mouth and hating on people that, till the world ends, no body from your generation go reach him level na him you dey do..

Try and be rational. Where is the bad mouth here. You can counter him by showing us the growth at the dangote refinery. No be everything be bad belle. Change your black ways of thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by 400billionman: 8:43am On Dec 24, 2020
ajailer:
ya, for real tho. a friend of mine who is an expat told me about the lie being propagated by dangote. he said d place can only function at 25% capacity. what a sham job. d rich keeps exploiting us.

Dangote must have assumed that Oil refinery is similar to cement plants, which are easy to complete since they have few processes to finish line.

Running a modular refinery should have been easier for him.

He doesn't know what he put hand into. And he wanted BIG SCALE as usual.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by 400billionman: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:

Provide evidence that the refinery is not a scam. I want this project to succeed more than you do because it is the only hope of Nigeria escaping stagnation and developing an industrial economy. However, Dangote doesn't seem to be serious about the project. I've been following this project since 2016 -- every year, Dangote says the refinery will be complete. But there is always an excuse.

First he delayed it because of flooding. Next it was inability to access steel. Now, it is coronavirus, etc. Something is fishy. And we should be demanding answers instead of acting like children. I don't know why Nigerians must behave like dumb monkeys; always suffering and smiling and defending the indefensible. Wetin you dey lose if I pressure Dangote to stop lying to the public and make good on his promises?

Stop saying that Dangote is lying.

Doing business in Nigeria is difficult.

The way you are presenting your facts makes it seem that you are hating on him. Your facts may be right. And Dangote does not owe you any explanation. A refinery is not a cement plant, maybe he never envisioned the challenges he is passing through today over the project.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by paul61777: 9:05am On Dec 24, 2020
This facts alone gives all IGBO SLEEPLESS NIGHTS. DANGOTE alone is richer than all wealthy IGBO MEN put together.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Drella(m): 10:11am On Dec 24, 2020
2k instagram foreign followers for sale
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:

Are his excuses not genuine?

For businesses to thrive, there must be an enabling environment... Sadly we can't say so of the Nigerian environment. I think Dangote didn't do enough feasibility studies concerning the project though.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Rugaria: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2020
And he's getting billions of dollars from the central bank for this project as part of federal government help to strategic industries
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Bizibi(m): 11:19am On Dec 24, 2020
Kekereekun123:
that is what they told you.....
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Uniquisite: 11:25am On Dec 24, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Uniquisite: 11:27am On Dec 24, 2020
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by oyatz(m): 11:42am On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:
Notice how Dangote has constructed so many tank farms and his own port? He is using the refinery as a cover for mass importation of petroleum into Nigeria.

Which one is 'a cover for mass importation'?
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Bizibi:
that is what they told you.....
this is the reality. Any private person importing now will do so at a loss and no cash subsidy. So makes no sense to import

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by oyatz(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:

WalterSmith Refinery,Imo State has commenced operation.

Gov Godwin Obaseki is building a Refinery in Edo State (he campaigned with the pictures in September).
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Bizibi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
Kekereekun123:
this is the reality. Any private person importing now will do so at a loss and no cash subsidy. So makes no sense to import
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Bizibi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
Kekereekun123:
you don't know how deep the rot is in nnpc....
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
Bizibi:
you don't know how deep the rot is in nnpc....
my former company used to audit nnpc, i audited many clients with joint ventures with napims, nnpc, etc. Siddon there
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Bizibi(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
Kekereekun123:
my former company used to audit nnpc, i audited many clients with joint ventures with napims, nnpc, etc. Siddon there
lolzzz....I wish you know.
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by Minjim: 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Aconomist:
Here are more images of the Jamnagar refinery in Gujerat India. This is what a real refinery is supposed to look like.

That Indian refinery is currently the largest in the whole world.
I'm not sure Dangote's is even the 10th largest.
That Dangote refinery has been politicized
Re: Dangote Refinery Is A Scam: Project Isn't 10% Complete by stagger: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2020
I have long suspected that project as a means of getting forex from CBN at concessionary rates, for onward resale at the parallel market. There have to be many people in on this rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Learn From My Experience On Fiverr-- Lecture 01 / Stay Away From www.paxful.com Moderators, They Will Steal Your Bitcoins / Money Laundering Act: Cbn Moves Against Non-compliant Banks, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.