Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing (538 Views)

Why You Should Choose February Umrah Packages In This Year / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / 4 Reasons Why New Year Resolutions Are Overrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing by mohtan: 4:34am On Dec 24, 2020
When it comes to fishing there are different ways someone can decide to go about the process of catching a fish. You can either opt for inshore fishing, which is fishing while remaining onshore, either from a pier or a boat that is relatively close to land. And then you have offshore fishing, which is when you sail in a boat at least 9 miles away from shore.
[center][/center]
Of course, it comes back to preference and what you are fishing for but at the end of the day, offshore fishing tends to be better than inshore fishing. And here are the 4 ways that offshore fishing is better than inshore fishing.

#4- Chance of a Bigger Catch

The deeper you head out to sea the better chance you get of running into some big fish. And if you’re looking for a trophy catch then you want to opt for offshore fishing. Make sure to pack a steady rod and enough bait, you’re going to need them.

#3- You Make More of an Activity of it

Going offshore fishing requires that you rent a bigger boat for the long trip. It also requires that you pack more luggage and gear. As opposed to inshore fishing where a bucket of bait and a small rowboat will probably make do. But with offshore fishing, you can make a big activity from it. Whether you bring your group of friends or make it a tradition of family fun fishing trips, offshore fishing is a wholesome and holistic activity.

#2- You Won’t Get the Chance to Go Offshore Fishing Often

Like I mentioned above, offshore fishing requires more preparation, planning, time, and money. A lot of things can come in the way of you going on your offshore fishing trip. For example, you can plan for the trip and purchase all the essentials and the gear, be ready for it, and with the bad luck of bad weather, have your trip canceled.
The opposite is true for inshore fishing. It doesn’t require that much preparation. In fact, you can go inshore fishing whenever you want as long as the weather is willing. That is why whenever you have the choice between offshore fishing or inshore fishing, it’s best you choose offshore because you never know when you might get that chance again.

#1- Bigger is Better

With offshore fishing, everything comes in bigger sizes than inshore fishing. Bigger boat, a bigger group to go with, bigger catch. And so that is why offshore fishing most times beats inshore fishing because bigger is better. Make a full-blown trip out of it and enjoy your time at sea. You can go fishing off the pier whenever you want. But it’s not often you will get to tackle the tide and hunt for a big catch in the middle of the ocean.

Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:42am On Dec 24, 2020
Make Militants, pirates, and water way robbers catch you first.
You don't know there is a reason why we don't fish instead we import fresh fish worth over 1 billion from Norway due to insecurity of our water ways.

If life still dey sweet you, you better stay inshore, before you end up paying ransome of 2 million because of fish worth 10 thousand
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing by Cabardin: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
I read that the number of Americans engaged in fishing has increased by 4% since the beginning of 2017.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing by dettemanon(m): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
It's a good post. However, I'd like to clarify. For what type of fishing this information is written. It seems to me that only for freshwater. I have a boat that goes to the ocean. Only me and my friends go fishing there. My father also fished on his boat, but he had a simple boat with oars, and the waves prevented it from getting closer to the places where fish congregate. I sometimes check new items on https://fishingcreative.com/gear/rod-reel-combo/best-trolling-rod-and-reel-combo/. It's a site where you can find helpful fishing tips and recommendations for choosing gear and reels in 2021.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing by OliviaNelson: 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2022
I prefer river fishing, although it often requires special clothing for fishing. On https://gritroutdoors.com/apparel/fishing-clothing/ I have found good warm overalls and boots that can help you stay dry and warm.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing by OliviaNelson: 10:10am On Apr 04, 2022
It's an interesting experience. Thank you very much for the ideas. We are currently on a trip to Dubai with my family and are thinking of using the service https://charterclick.com/dubai/fishing_boat to go fishing on a boat. I think it could be an interesting experience
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing by michalshawn: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2022
Instead of taking a kayak on rent I will suggest you to but it. There are many companies that are selling cheapest fishing kayak. You can buy now from any website.
Re: 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Offshore Fishing Over Inshore Fishing by Theophinio(m): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
dettemanon:
It's a good post. However, I'd like to clarify. For what type of fishing this information is written. It seems to me that only for freshwater. I have a boat that goes to the ocean. Only me and my friends go fishing there. My father also fished on his boat, but he had a simple boat with oars, and the waves prevented it from getting closer to the places where fish congregate. I sometimes check new items on https://fishingcreative.com/gear/rod-reel-combo/best-trolling-rod-and-reel-combo/. It's a site where you can find helpful fishing tips and recommendations for choosing gear and reels in 2021.

Hi sir

Are you still fishing

I have a question to ask you

(1) (Reply)

Copper Ore For Export / Wado City Eni... By Rukie-bless / Confusion In Benin City As Man Meets His Wife In An Orgy Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.