Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) (35188 Views)

Female Corper Shot Dead In Abuja, Buried In Anambra State / Youth Corper Shot Dead In Calabar / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by klas(m): 9:42am On Dec 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:
I really think that this NYSC of a thing has way outlived its usefulness. It is totally meaningless. Even if the government wants to use the new graduates at subsidized rates, it should at least restrict them to where they studied or their states of origin. This will even encourage individual states to motivate their indigenes to go and study; leading to a more educated country.

This has nothing to do with youth service but failure of government to secure the lives of citizens especially in the north.

Note that they travelled all the way from Osun state only to be attacked at Jere a few kilometers to Kaduna. That village is notorious for attacks on motorists and even on trains.

Even without participating in nysc, they could have been traveling for any reason along that route since it is near their state
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 24, 2020
klas:

This has nothing to do with youth service but failure of government to secure the lives of citizens especially in the north.

Note that they travelled all the way from Osun state only to be attacked at Jere a few kilometers to Kaduna. That village is notorious for attacks on motorists and even on trains.

Even without participating in nysc, they could have been traveling for any reason along that route since it is near their state

They need not travel unnecessarily if not for NYSC. An average corper may go and come to and from his place of primary assignment an average of 10 to 20 times over the course of one year. These are unsafe times to be making unnecessary trips up and down. What is the overriding benefit of NYSC that necessitates this overexposure to terrorism, banditry and kidnapping?
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Mckhala80(m): 9:49am On Dec 24, 2020
In a country like our ours , God alone is our hope and safety. Rest on dude.
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:55am On Dec 24, 2020
Federalcase:
A Nigerian killed a nigerian

God have mercy

May God blessings and peace be upon his soul

Don't be too absolute about the Killers being Nigerians. Those murderous criminals could be Chadians,Nigerenes,Malians,etc. The North accommodates all these people (criminals) and see them as brothers on the basis of senseless religious and ethnic sentiments.
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:02am On Dec 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

They need not travel unnecessarily if not for NYSC. An average corpse may go and come to and from his place of primary assignment an average of 10 to 20 times over the course of one year. These are unsafe times to be making unnecessary trips up and down. What is the overriding benefit of NYSC that necessitates this overexposure to terrorism, banditry and kidnapping?

You may want to correct that.
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 24, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

You may want to correct that.

Oops. Autocorrect will be my nemesis. We've been in this love-hate relationship since my first computer system.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by sylve11: 10:15am On Dec 24, 2020
Sad! sad cool
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Nezan(m): 10:15am On Dec 24, 2020
With the level of insecurity now, this scheme ought to be suspended
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Kokaine(m): 10:27am On Dec 24, 2020
doggedfighter:
Tears in my eyes.

I'm sure he called home to tell them he was on his way and then he's gone.

What trauma they will be going through now.

What a Christmas for this family !!cry cry

This particular death broke my heart.
May our kids not ask us why we remained in Nigeria.
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by MansoryMX(m): 10:28am On Dec 24, 2020
klas:

Not necessarily. The unfortunate incident happened at Jere on Abuja - Kaduna expressway. That village is the headquarters of kidnappers and gunmen in that axis.

They are working with police around that area that’s why it’s the headquarters.
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 24, 2020
rip young copper
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Daguccizgreat(m): 10:55am On Dec 24, 2020
Amotolongbo:
after reading for the fifth time, I still could not get the message in the post
Be like the guy smoke loud
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by paix(m): 11:00am On Dec 24, 2020
His family's investment just got wasted. RIP to the corper.
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by RealGora: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
I personally know this guy, his dad was a bank manager in bauchi, before they left for yobe. He was a sweet kid then. I just comfirmed from his brother and I'm now in severe pains. Pls I need a bottle of campari right now.
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by TerrorSquad147: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amotolongbo:
same here, I'm just confused
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Teejay13(m): 12:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
RIP!
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by diamondzx: 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
Get your NIN linked linked with your SIM,
If you don't have a national I'd card you can acquire one in just one week.
Quick,fast and easy.

WhatsApp me on. .....2..3..4...9...0...1 ..8...7...5...5..8..2...7
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by Hassanmaye(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Lol
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by YaksonFCA(m): 3:38am On Dec 25, 2020
RIP. Condolences
Re: Osun Corper Shot Dead After Orientation (pix) by zuraking(m): 6:52am On Dec 26, 2020
mrsage:
Sad
I don't have access to my email, how can I help u?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslim Corps Members Harassed In Abia State Over Bokoharam Issues / This Corp Member Serving In Akwa Ibom State Is Missing / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.