Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud (27249 Views)

How To Add Facebook Black Tick Verification Badge To Your Profile For Free / Facebook Removes About 800 Accounts From Nigeria And Others / Facebook Removes Over 2 Billion Fake Accounts In Q1 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by wwwmaster: 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
Offpoint1:
I type bet on Facebook and Facebook starts feeding me with thousands of betting ads... Same thing with Google.

If I tried advertising with them they'll restrict my ad account, but yet I'm seeing scammers ads running daily.

Their fight no change price of onions for Market, so e no concern me
Get your points right, bro.
Facebook and Google do not accept gambling ads
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by milcah5050: 3:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
: Who bluetick help?
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
salford1:

Facebook and Google are crooks when it comes to gathering data and forcing adverts on users.
That's true.
Longest time.
Where have you been?
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by magzey: 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
SonOfAfonja:
Useless app...na why Dumbo's full there...Rocking my iPhone 50 pro max legbegbe. grin grin
One in town? shocked cool

Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
jimmychang:

On God ...I think say na only me dey notice am....You go just find something boom ads everywhere. grin grin
The worse is jumia!
Chai!!! Just search for condoms on jumia, next thing, you would see condom ads popping up at every site u open!
Someone cannot search something privately again angry

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2020
Effulgent:

No mind them, but I'm not sure facebook can win this fight

it will also affect a lot of small businesses
Nah! Trust me! Facebook is far more powerful than apple!
Without fb, WhatsApp, IG, Apple products would lose relevance!

1 Like

Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Ejiod(m): 4:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
Reinaldo:
Apple is not Facebook's mate o. Facebook should calm down.
I’m an apple fan but do you have data to back this claim
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Johnrake69: 4:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
checkolatunji:

It's not synonymous to Facebook alone, go to jumia website for example and later go to any other site, you would find jumia ad on that site you just visited. It's the new thing in digital market world.

That's Google ad
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Abudu2000(m): 4:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
jojofola:
Facebook may fall to ruins in the end.
Instagram now lacks direction, nothing new.

Sponsored ads even with all the tweaking, does not convert most of the time.
On top of it, they censor almost everything.

nothing meaningful on instagram, so called celebs have highjacked it now its all about davido and wizzy
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Abudu2000(m): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

Nah! Trust me! Facebook is far more powerful than apple!
Without fb, WhatsApp, IG, Apple products would lose relevance!
very obvious u don't use iOS. Most ios users don't even find joy using those shitty spy bots u just mentioned
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Unclefemolala(m): 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
Penboy:

Hehe, Shey FB wan compete with a company with over 2 trillion in market cap?!

Na just gra gra.. Them go chill.

Facebook is Over 750Billion in Market Cap not including other subsidiaries they have...they're also a top dog even if they arent in the trillion gang...fact is everyone gathers information including apple, apple just wants more of iPhone users ads going to them and not solely for the customers, everyone fighting for his or her survival here

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by TheOgaBoss: 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

The worse is jumia!
Chai!!! Just search for condoms on jumia, next thing, you would see condom ads popping up at every site u open!
Someone cannot search something privately again angry
use adblocker and u will see less spammy ad
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
Jackmj:

Useless really? Facebook has the highest users
Most visited site after Google

When people overcrowd themselves at a place, you should start suspecting some foul play
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by checkolatunji: 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2020
Johnrake69:

That's Google ad

Oh really? Didn't know that. Thanks for the info
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by iPresh4s(m): 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
Make them kuku buy Apple na
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
Bookface vs PinaAppletongue
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Brunicekid(m): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
Buzx:
This is going to be interesting! I love watching giants fight. But Facebook self na thiefs. The amount of data they gather everyday from us is unimaginable.
That's where they actually generate their money!!!
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Brunicekid(m): 6:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
notok:
Facebook need data for targeted advertising . Facebook's revenue is mostly from ads and selling data to third party , any data they can find .
EXACTLY! YOU NAILED THE POINT!!!
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Brunicekid(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
jojofola:
Facebook may fall to ruins in the end.
Instagram now lacks direction, nothing new.

Sponsored ads even with all the tweaking, does not convert most of the time.
On top of it, they censor almost everything.

It does...There are ways the sponsored ads contents are created to convert...There are so many people that actually convert with sponsored ads.
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Brunicekid(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:
This concerns Facebook users. I'm yet to graduate to that level.
So, as at 2020, you mean to say that you don't have a Facebook page
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by CSNg: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Good one! Mark Zuckerberg is running a totalitarian form of social media and he needs to be checked!

Good move by Apple! If e pain Mark, let him go and manufacture his own mobile device and do what he likes with it!
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Brunicekid:
So, as at 2020, you mean to say that you don't have a Facebook page

Facebook is for juveniles. Nothing to be gained there. My personal opinion.

Same with Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and all the rest of that bilge.
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Olayemi1903(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Obviously apple will win the fight cus majority of phone users are apple and they can decide to remove Facebook off their devices...whose loss??
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Offpoint1: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
wwwmaster:

Get your points right, bro.
Facebook and Google do not accept gambling ads
LOL, so the bet9ja, 1xbet and Sportybet SPONSORED ads I keep seeing are from heaven?
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by BigBrother9ja: 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

By this time next year

Europe will take over all big techs in the world

The rise of Europe

The fall of America

All starting next year

Watch out !!!
Dreamer.

And Asia will fall abi
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by TiglathPILESER: 8:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
Effulgent:
This war facebook and apple are fighting, na users go suffer am o.

Facebook is so hungry for our data ,imagine, merely thinking of something ,and boom, facebook ,Instagram starts bringing out the ads, wetin happen

But wetin concern android users like us
pls enlighten me what the connection BTW my thoughts and computer aided adverts?
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Ajibade123(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near
By this time next year
Europe will take over all big techs in the world
The rise of Europe
The fall of America
All starting next year
Watch out !!!
I just dy notice you everyday your own worst pass righteousness own not everything is relating to end time bruh

1 Like

Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by Dayoebe(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
Anything I searched on google will automatically be suggested to me on Quora.

I know anything I do online is not safe.
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by NwaforIgbo: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
For those of you expecting to have privacy online, I have one question for you..

Can you have your privacy in another person's house

If you want privacy so much, host your own site... Chekina..
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by wwwmaster: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2020
Offpoint1:

LOL, so the bet9ja, 1xbet and Sportybet SPONSORED ads I keep seeing are from heaven?
Show proof of such ads from Google or Facebook.

Even Nairaland don't accept such ads.
Re: Facebook Removes Apple's Blue Tick Verification Amid Feud by hansomb: 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
Effulgent:
This war facebook and apple are fighting, na users go suffer am o.

Facebook is so hungry for our data ,imagine, merely thinking of something ,and boom, facebook ,Instagram starts bringing out the ads, wetin happen

But wetin concern android users like us
Exactly. Everything I intend buying on jumia I will just see the exact ads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The First 5 Apps You Will Install When You Get A New Phone? / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / My Experience With Easy Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.