Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin (5287 Views)

Obiora Okonkwo: Everybody In Anambra Is Talking About Zenith Labour Party Now / Attah Igala And The Need To Employ Caution Above Desperation. / "Anambra Is Atikulated" - Jennifer Douglas, Atiku's Wife Shares Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:52am On Dec 24, 2020
No full blooded Igbo man will agree to hold a mass wedding.
It's not even part of Igbo culture undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by OfoIgbo: 9:55am On Dec 24, 2020
Firstorderwizard:

Anambra owns Benin and Igala

18 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2020
[s]
Firstorderwizard:
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by edoairways: 10:13am On Dec 24, 2020
Let this madness end in 2020

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Prosperchuks1344(m): 10:22am On Dec 24, 2020
End of the year madness

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Dovegrey: 10:25am On Dec 24, 2020
Ogun is 85% of ijebu grin Lagos is 60% of igbo and 30% of hausa/fulanigrin grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Kinematics: 11:05am On Dec 24, 2020
This one loud

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Muna4real(f): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2020
IMO State is 90% Israel and Eboyi is 100% Spanish!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by IamFINESSE: 11:11am On Dec 24, 2020
Crase people full this corn tree sha

1 Like

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by OldNairalander(m): 11:18am On Dec 24, 2020
grin
As funny as it sounds there's some atom of truth here.
If Igala is minority in Anambra, an Igala man wouldn't have been a governor.
We all know that Obiano is an Igala man.
Also, Onitsha people never denied their Benin ancestry.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Graysons: 11:44am On Dec 24, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Intresting! can you explain more? i've been hearing that there are Igalas who are natives in Anambra how true is this?
Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by SaintBishop: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2020
Graysons:
Intresting! can you explain more? i've been hearing that there are Igalas who are natives in Anambra how true is this?

It is true. There are IGalas in Anambra.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Graysons: 11:54am On Dec 24, 2020
SaintBishop:

It is true. There are IGalas in Anambra.
Thank you!.
Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by SaintBishop: 2:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
Graysons:
Thank you!.
Not just only in Anambra we have non-igbos who are indigene to the east.

We hae Ibibio in Abia, Anaang in ukwa east
Idoma in Ebonyi and so on.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Firstorderwizard(m): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Graysons:

I'm no hater of Anambra people infact I attended both secondary and Uni there. The truth is that most Anambra people are not 100% Igbo blood with exception of Awka, Nri, Igboukwu and Ihiala

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Graysons: 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Firstorderwizard:

I'm no hater of Anambra people infact I attended both secondary and Uni there. The truth is that most Anambra people are not 100% Igbo blood with exception of Awka, Nri, Igboukwu and Ihiala
Thank u!
Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by mekysmart123: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
All these nonsense started from Chino and Abagworo. Go to Facebook and see hordes of Igalas rewriting histories to claim Igbo communities and land, in the name of migration that is hooked on story-lines.
When we Igbos, throw jabs on each other, in the name of cyber war, our enemies stick around to take advantage over spoils. As it's popularly said, when two brothers fight, strangers inherit their father's estate.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by mekysmart123: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
SaintBishop:
Not just only in Anambra we have non-igbos who are indigene to the east.

We hae Ibibio in Abia, Anaang in ukwa east
Idoma in Ebonyi and so on.
I know you as a chronic Igbo hater, and so whatever that will hurt Igbos readily excites you. But the good thing is your rants end here on nairaland.
For your information we don't have Idoma speakers in Ebonyi, rather we have numbers of our Izzi and Ezza clans in Benue.
Like I said, your rants end here on nairaland.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by mekysmart123: 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2020
Graysons:
Thank u!
There are no Igalas in Anambra. We have migrants Igalas from Kogi, just as you have other migrant ethnic groups in Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Twutin: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2020
The entire Yoruba tribe descended from Benin so the oba of Benin owns the entire Yoruba land.

There are also ijebu from South Sudan and egun from Benin and Togo and Ondo state is owned by ijaws and ilajes. Lagos is owned by ijaws too.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by SaintBishop: 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
mekysmart123:

I know you as a chronic Igbo hater, and so whatever that will hurt Igbos readily excites you. But the good thing is your rants end here on nairaland.
For your information we don't have Idoma speakers in Ebonyi, rather we have numbers of our Izzi and Ezza clans in Benue.
There are idomas in Ebonyi you want to deny it? Lmao or you think i don't know? lol.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Allen102: 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
mekysmart123:

Agila town in Ebonyi is occupied by who? it is amazing how you igbos know other people histroy but don't know your own.
There are idomas in Ebonyi state this is a know fact.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by blacknp(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
OldNairalander:
grin
As funny as it sounds there's some atom of truth here.
If Igala is minority in Anambra, an Igala man wouldn't have been a governor.
We all know that Obiano is an Igala man.
Also, Onitsha people never denied their Benin ancestry.
My mom is from Onitsha, and indeed told me some years back that they are originally igalas, these is old news.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Easternmind(m): 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
This Op though..
So people like this still exist..
Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by blacknp(m): 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
mekysmart123:

There are no Igalas in Anambra. We have migrants Igalas from Kogi, just as you have other migrant ethnic groups in Anambra.
Igalas own what was known as Old Anambra State, anyone with reasonable knowledge, will tell you that people from Anambra State are much more refined & enlightened than other igbos from inner region old Imo State. That is why people like Obiano do not recognize the lowlife Nnamdi Kanu from backward Abia State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by SaintBishop: 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2020
Allen102:
Agila town in Ebonyi is occupied by who? it is amazing how you igbos know other people histroy but don't know your own.
No mind these igbos very greedy people they are so quick to tell you that there are igbos in Rivers state, but once you mention that there are non-igbos in the east, na war for them.

very greedy and crazy people

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Ofemannnu: 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
mekysmart123:
All these nonsense started from Chino and Abagworo. Go to Facebook and see hordes of Igalas rewriting histories to claim Igbo communities and land, in the name of migration that is hooked on story-lines.
When we Igbos, throw jabs on each other, in the name of cyber war, our enemies stick around to take advantage over spoils. As it's popularly said, when two brothers fight, strangers inherit their father's estate.

I think it is a common knowledge not insinuated by Chino or anybody.
Emegwali says...

EMEAGWALI REPLIES
Nwannem nwoke dalu:
Thank you for taking the time to visit my Web site and share your thoughts with me. I was out of town when your email arrived and it took me awhile to read my past email. Your write-up is thought provoking and I hope you don't mind my posting it on http://emeagwali.com.
Let's look at the timeline.
In the 1560s: Eze Chima and his descendants left Benin. As many as one in four Igbo-speaking people are the descendants of people that emigrated from Benin Kingdom.
In the 1560s: The Benin Kingdom produced its first powerful Oba, named Esigie. All Obas derived their wealth, power and mystique from slave trading.
In the 1560s: John Hawkins took the first African slaves from The Slave Coast to Haiti.
What was then called the Slave Coast was later renamed Benin Kingdom, Nigeria, Gold Coast and Ghana. The word "Onitsha" is a corruption of the word "Orisha." The religion Orisha is practiced among Yorubas and Haitians.
Just as we shortened the name "United States of America" to United States or America, similarly the name "Orisha Edo" was corrupted to "Onitsha Ado" and then shortened to "Onitsha." The proof is that the web site for Onitshans is not onitsha.com: it is onitshaado.com.
People did not travel far in the olden days. In fact, three of my four grandparents never travelled more than ten miles from the place they were born. Therefore, it is not possible for Eze Chima to travel 200 miles through the rain forest to Benin and then return homeward in his lifetime.
It will require an entire book to expound on the Onitsha-Igbo-Yoruba-Edo connection. In the future, I will provide details that prove that as much as one in four Ndi Igbo were descendants of refugees that were fleeing slave raiders. Igbo elders have a saying that "when you see a lizard running in the daytime you know that something is after its life." The mass migration that forced Onitsha people to resettle in the east bank of the River Niger was a result of their flight from the Oba of Benin and his slave raiders.
Kene ezi na ulo gi,
Emeagwali
Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Oracleforce: 3:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
Twutin:
The entire Yoruba tribe descended from Benin so the oba of Benin owns the entire Yoruba land.

There are also ijebu from South Sudan and egun from Benin and Togo and Ondo state is owned by ijaws and ilajes. Lagos is owned by ijaws too.

Ogoja weeds are working on your brain....seek medical. attention before it gets out of hands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by AdaugoChisom(f): 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
There is no point arguing with a Yoruba Muslim who has never crossed river Niger since his life

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
You're high on animal dump
Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by mekysmart123: 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
Allen102:
Idoma in Ebonyi are migrants. Go to Eteh in Enugu state and meet migrants Igala and Idomas living side by side wit their Igbo land owners.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Is 70% Igala And 15% Benin by mekysmart123: 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
blacknp:
Igalas own what was known as Old Anambra State, anyone with reasonable knowledge, will tell you that people from Anambra State are much more refined & enlightened than other igbos from inner region old Imo State. That is why people like Obiano do not recognize the lowlife Nnamdi Kanu from backward Abia State.
It easier to write anything online. Come and ground and prove your claim, that what's count.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims And Christrians neighborhood In Kaduna City(pictures) / Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Has Been Released / Leaked Document Of Mass Burial Of 103 EndSARS Victims By Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.