Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN (676 Views)

Kebbi Varsity ASUU To Resume Strike / ASUU May Join NLC Strike / SSANU: University Workers To Resume Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by Preshy01(f): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Universities on Wednesday indicated that it might resume its suspended strike in February if the Federal Government failed to implement agreements it signed with the lecturers.

The National President of ASUU, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, disclosed this in an interview with The PUNCH in Lagos while shedding more light on the decision of the union to suspend its nine-month strike.

But while ASUU ended its industrial action on Wednesday, non-academic unions in universities threatened to go on strike over N40bn earned allowances government promised to release to all unions.

They described the sharing formula for the money as unfair.

Recall that ASUU had on March 23 begun a nationwide strike over the Federal Government’s insistence that all its employees must register for the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System.

Although government argued that the IPPIS was meant to eliminate fraud, the union stated that it should not be applicable to universities on the grounds that it violated their autonomy.

In the alternative, ASUU developed the University Transparency and Accountability Solution, which it said would meet the peculiarities of universities.

Until Tuesday’s meeting between the two sides, they had disagreed over UTAS, which government said would only be adopted if it tallied with the IPPIS.

Besides its opposition to the IPPIS, other demands of ASUU are setting up of visitation panels for universities, payment of earned academic allowances and revitalisation of infrastructure in the universities.

Ogunyemi, in the interview with The PUNCH on Wednesday evening, said if the government reneged on its promises, members of the union would not hesitate to withdraw their services.
--

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJK4GviK6th/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Re: ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by Kriss216: 11:26am On Dec 24, 2020
Buhari dey threaten us, ASUU dey threaten us.

To be a Nigerian no dey easy.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by airminem(f): 11:29am On Dec 24, 2020
Wicked people in authority angry
Re: ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by yanabasee(m): 11:32am On Dec 24, 2020
My uncle spent roughly 8years to study a law course of 5years back then.....

I spent about 6years to study a 4yr course including strikes and School riots....

I doubt there's anyone that have studied in a public university and completed his course without a strike or hindrance or internal forces or family people palava.

Looking back and reading Camp experience from Essy yesterday... I realised how far I've gone and I can only give thanks to the Almighty God for his blessings and grace upon my life and my family and friends and love ones and every of my naira land paddies....

1 Like

Re: ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by Homeboiy: 11:49am On Dec 24, 2020
It’s now clear than I will spend 8yrs to study a 6 yr course.

Well na cos day opportunity to travel out never come
Re: ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by longetivity(m): 11:59am On Dec 24, 2020
useless ASUU and stupid FG

1 Like

Re: ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by atiku4President(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
Homeboiy:
It’s now clear than I will spend 8yrs to study a 6 yr course.

Well na cos day opportunity to travel out never come
Why did you choose a 6 year course? You should have chosen a 4 year course, knowing that FG and ASUU will call for a recess.

1 Like

Re: ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by samuelpeters(m): 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
atiku4President:

Why did you choose a 6 year course? You should have chosen a 4 year course, knowing that FG and ASUU will call for a recess.
Hahahaha!
Person no go study Medicine or pharmacy again?
Re: ASUU May Resume Strike In February, Varsity Union War Over 40BN by ayo84(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
They should not give ASUU a penny more apart from their salaries. Have you noticed that these lecturers don't have any innovative thing to impact the students. Take the computer science departments in schools, none of them have attempted to remodel the curriculum. You see people developing applications, with all the resources with these universities they cannot simply remodel their computer learning and make impact.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Master Finance Motivation Letter / Origins Of Bread And Bakery / Top 10 Google Online Certificate Program {free} Get Certified Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.