Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Day There Was "Gbedu" In Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Day There Was "Gbedu" In Heaven (201 Views)

The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye / I Am A Christian But Dont Believe In Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day There Was "Gbedu" In Heaven by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
The Day There Was "Gbedu" In Heaven

Jesus said:

"Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." Luke 15:10

If the repentance of just one sinner elicits rejoicing in heaven, how much more would the birth of the Holy One of God that God sent to the world to take away the sins of many sinners?

Hence it wasn't surprising that there was so much joy, singing, dancing, celebration and jubilation in heaven on the day the Savior of the world was born.

Luke 2:8-14 (KJV)

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

And the new born Child wasn't born in the most glamorous or reputable of places, but in a mere barn and lay in a lowly manger, yet His birth evoked that magnitude of rejoicing in heaven to show that it wasn't about the place the Child was born, but about who the Child was and the purpose of His birth, for that was deemed worthy of all the celebration in heaven.

Oh what a day of Joy!

Oh what a day that brought hope to hopeless!

Oh what a day that brought light to the darkness!

Oh what a day of peace!

Oh what a day of salvation!

Oh what a day that God came to the Earth in human form and dwelt among men in fulfillment of the scriptures.
Isaiah 7:14, 8:8, Matthew 1:22-23.

Oh what a glorious day.

The day there was "gbedu" in heaven.

God bless.
Re: The Day There Was "Gbedu" In Heaven by CodeTemplar: 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
. . .
Re: The Day There Was "Gbedu" In Heaven by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:16am On Dec 25, 2020
The day the Savior of the world was born.
Re: The Day There Was "Gbedu" In Heaven by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2021
A day of joy.

(1) (Reply)

How To Attract Divine Presence / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/12/2020 / What If || God Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.