Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

"A Year Ago I Was Seriously Broke Without Any Means Of Finance" My Life's Story. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "A Year Ago I Was Seriously Broke Without Any Means Of Finance" My Life's Story. (401 Views)

A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment / Female Edo Mechanic: "Any quick means of making money is not on my mind" / “one Year Ago, I Disgraced My Friends & Family On National Tv" - Nigerian Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"A Year Ago I Was Seriously Broke Without Any Means Of Finance" My Life's Story. by Mayodblero(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
The prayer which says " Your Tommorow shall be greater than today" is one I hold dearly to my heart. It is one I always said when ever I was feeling down and miserable.

I remember last year August, when I was still working as a store attendant. Dancing to the pay of N14,000 per month, even though most times it was down by about N2,000 for some allegations that some goods are missing or that not enough profit was made during the month. Indifferent about the deductions made to my monthly pay, I was happy that I was at least collecting something.

Things were going so well, and when it was the crossover night of 2019 I was excited and expectant. Hopes of how 2020 would turn out was everywhere, I myself was not left out as I hoped that it was my year. Funny enough, when the pastor was prophesying into 2020 saying "2020 shall be your year" my Amen was the Loudest as I hoped God mine better than others. Once it was 12:00am on 1st January 2020, I danced like there was no tomorrow. Feeling fulfilled and happy.

Finally 2020 began, it first started out normally but in the twinkle of an eye, I started hearing of how a virus I had never heard of was affecting China. Well me I was like, "China and Naija are far apart, wetin go bring us together". If only I had known, month later we heard that this virus called Covid-19 had entered Nigeria and before I knew what was happening we were having our first lockdown which was fixed for just 2 weeks.

But as God and fate had it, it got extended to an unknown date. Due to the lockdown, the manager of the store that I worked cut down the number of staffs from 12 to 7. And unfortunately, I was part of the unlucky few.

For the full post
Click on the link that is available as the first comment.
Re: "A Year Ago I Was Seriously Broke Without Any Means Of Finance" My Life's Story. by Mayodblero(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
This is the link
https:///3rqM18n
Thanks for reading
Re: "A Year Ago I Was Seriously Broke Without Any Means Of Finance" My Life's Story. by doggedfighter(f): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
The link to read your story? undecided
Re: "A Year Ago I Was Seriously Broke Without Any Means Of Finance" My Life's Story. by EngrMcDon(m): 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
Link,,,,, Like seriously?
Re: "A Year Ago I Was Seriously Broke Without Any Means Of Finance" My Life's Story. by xolocious(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2020
EngrMcDon:
Link,,,,, Like seriously?
Hungry blogger. No be him fault sha...

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Affiliate Marketing Business In 2021 / Explain With Facts And Win A Big Reward / Sanofi Launches Its New Global Employee Share Ownership Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.