Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell (2675 Views)

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them / These Amazing Art Pieces Were Created From Salvaged Vintage Car Parts / Can My Siena Be Salvaged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hi

I need expert advices on the steps I need to take to start this car business.

Its not a new thing, people buy accident cars from the USA, UK, Germany etc, import them and fix, then resell at a killer rate.

It's a goldmine and people are into it already, I intend going into it. But I have questions

1. How do I get the Salvaged cars at the lowest prices. Auctions or Car shows.

2. How much will it cost to import them.

3. What is the estimated costs to fix? Is it running into millions?

4. Can a normal average mechanic workshop do the needed justice, and make the cars come out great.

5. After the car has been fixed, best way of marketing and getting a buyer ASAP.

6. For those of you in the business already. Please don't deceive me is it Profitable?
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by CandyOps(m): 12:29am On Dec 25, 2020
You sound like you don't stay in Lagos because lots of people already do this business in Lagos. It's the same way. Check websites. Pick one. Have your contact over there go check it out and probably make payment for you.

Fwd the car to your shipping company and make payments clearing etc in Nigeria when car lands. Start fixing.

Sometimes if your agent over there is a seasoned one he knows to include spare parts of the damaged parts so you only need to worry about fixing
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by AreahCode: 10:30am On Dec 25, 2020
Dem just pay you small tin,u wan rush go buy problem. Ok na, try am,u go cry wella. Better invest in hospitality business
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by diehard(m): 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2020
Register on copart.com and look at thousands of selected cars placed for auction. You must know the going rate of the cars you're looking for in Nigeria to be able to determine the maximum bid price you will be willing to pay. You must an importer and also know their office address in US or canada. So that you pay less for moving the vehicle to the port for export.

This is just a start info, knowing the type of accidented car to bid for that won't give you problem to fix is a skill you must learn so that you don't lose your money fixing what will be difficult to sell cos of the high price

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2020
diehard:
Register on copart.com and look at thousands of selected cars placed for auction. You must know the going rate of the cars you're looking for in Nigeria to be able to determine the maximum bid price you will be willing to pay. You must an importer and also know their office address in US or canada. So that you pay less for moving the vehicle to the port for export.

This is just a start info, knowing the type of accidented car to bid for that won't give you problem to fix is a skill you must learn so that you don't lose your money fixing what will be difficult to sell cos of the high price

Alright Thanks a lot. Checking it up assp
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by naijadrivablog: 2:28am On Dec 27, 2020
Funny enough, most CARTALKERS / AUTO section Nairalanders are in this business BUT won't teach you. You no de their cartel.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Commonsense101(m): 2:56am On Dec 27, 2020
I hope you're going to be letting your future customers know how Un-Non-accidented the cars are

1 Like

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Lexusgs430: 7:17am On Dec 27, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Funny enough, most naira landers are in this business BUT won't teach you. You no de their cartel.

Does nairaland car section, have a cartel......... grin

Car - Motor car
Tel - Telephone........ tongue

What's the CARtel number........... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by ospreywin(m): 7:34am On Dec 27, 2020
I'm interested in this thread
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by sheu01: 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2020
I will advice u to liaise with a dealer but your first car, u may have a gain of 150-200k due to your status as learner but later u learn from there and you start it on your own with a gain of 400-500k. Faithful person are very scarce. God will lead you through..... Amen

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 10:53pm On Dec 31, 2020
naijadrivablog:
Funny enough, most CARTALKERS / AUTO section Nairalanders are in this business BUT won't teach you. You no de their cartel.

Big man say na Cartel. Bro nobody owns the industry, let them keep their secrets, watch a new breed come and take over from them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by nurey(m): 6:54am On Jan 01, 2021
Kiddyong123ayo:

Big man say na Cartel. Bro nobody owns the industry, let them keep their secrets, watch a new breed come and take over from them.

I am part of the cartels here and I can tell you we make around half of the cost we bill on a car if we sell 2m, just know our profit is close or exactly a million naira, after removing expenses.

I would have showed you the way because we have 2 spots for new partners but you are not humble enough grin

I wish you goodluck in your startup

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by valarinz: 7:01am On Jan 01, 2021
nurey:

I am part of the cartels here and I can tell you we make around half of the cost we bill on a car if we sell 2m, just know our profit is close or exactly a million naira, after removing expenses.

I would have showed you the way because we have 2 spots for new partners but you are not humble enough grin

No wonder you always hyperventilate when you see my Volvos, cos you know I make well over that on each car.

I make ₦1.5m profit on each car on average, kiddyong123ayo pls kindly take over these jap merchants, their game is weak.

Cheers cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by nurey(m): 7:06am On Jan 01, 2021
valarinz:

No wonder you always hyperventilate when you see my Volvos, cos you know I make well over that on each car.

I make ₦1.5m profit on each car on average, kiddyong123ayo pls kindly take over these jap merchants, their game is weak.

Cheers cool

Corruption fighting back tongue
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2021
grin

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by lizdammy: 2:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
I remember one Ymodulus who demistfied Importation business sometime ago and helped a lot of young men who now make millions importing from China, etc.

Op, it is good to ask questions.
Keep asking the right questions, but most importantly, get a MENTOR.

I wish you well in your pursuit.

Blessings!
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Horoyeencar: 12:03pm On Jan 19, 2021
Help my life boss. I want to import!
nurey:

Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Horoyeencar: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
Any progress made so far boss? I want to import for my personal use too!
Kiddyong123ayo:
Hi

I need expert advices on the steps I need to take to start this car business.

Its not a new thing, people buy accident cars from the USA, UK, Germany etc, import them and fix, then resell at a killer rate.

It's a goldmine and people are into it already, I intend going into it. But I have questions

1. How do I get the Salvaged cars at the lowest prices. Auctions or Car shows.

2. How much will it cost to import them.

3. What is the estimated costs to fix? Is it running into millions?

4. Can a normal average mechanic workshop do the needed justice, and make the cars come out great.

5. After the car has been fixed, best way of marketing and getting a buyer ASAP.

6. For those of you in the business already. Please don't deceive me is it Profitable?
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by nurey(m): 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2021
Horoyeencar:
Help my life boss. I want to import!

My response is a cartel joke. There is no cartel on Cartalk or Autos. When people make flimsy accusations it's interesting to just play along.

But talk to Deltel he helps people import cars, he is reliable
Re: How Do I Import Salvaged Cars, Fix Them And Sell by Horoyeencar: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2021
Horoyeencar:
!!Any progress made so far boss? I want to import for my personal use too!

(1) (Reply)

Should I Pre Order A Car From Overseas Or Buy From Cotonou. / Mercedes E320 2005 Model or Lexus GS350 2008 Model / In Need Of U241E(10 pin) u250e(13 pin) u40e, a541e(5pin)used gear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.