Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them (20878 Views)

What Islam Says About Celebrating The Birth Of The Prophet? / What Islam Says About Pre-marital Medical Examination / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Sterope(f): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2020
We don't live in a homogenous society undecided
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Sterope(f): 11:30am On Dec 25, 2020
We are not supposed to celebrate. There many Muslims that don't celebrate than those that do.
foleskay:

Make we hear word. Muslims also celebrate Mohammed birthday too, that's y we hv maulud nabiy. Aregebesola used to declare d holiday for it during his time as gov. Dem go say ojo obi anabi or whatever.
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Pymetrics: 11:35am On Dec 25, 2020
Jazakallahu khayra. Whoever wish will read and adhere. To comply is not compulsory.
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 25, 2020
Lukgaf:
What is the ruling on celebrating non-Muslims' holiday? Can a Muslim celebrate them?

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/947/ruling-on-celebrating-non-muslim-holidays-and-congratulating-them

Religion for the poor and gullible

2 Likes

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by ifko: 11:36am On Dec 25, 2020
Newnas:

Going by your argument, the fact that some christians don't celebrate Christmas also validates my point that Christmas is paganism and has nothing to do with Christ son of Mary (peace be upon him and his mother).
Celebrating his birth is not a must, not everyone do celebrate their birthday. The main thing is recognizing d significance of his birth and death on the cross.
That paedophile terrorist can't save anyone. He told u that he didn't know where i s gonna end up his miserable life. But i know d guy dey rot for hell fire. Jesus said I am d way the truth and life.

7 Likes

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 25, 2020
Sterope:
We are not supposed to celebrate. There many Muslims that don't celebrate than those that do.

Many poor Muslims** are not meant to celebrate

3 Likes

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by yetunsbay(m): 11:37am On Dec 25, 2020
Mikehot:
lol, Islam that establishes it's religion on the pillar of the prophets sees a problem celebrating the birth of Jesus the acclaimed prophet but have no qualms celebrating the birth of Mohamed.

It would be great if Islamic almajiris would know this so that they keep off the street today instead of looking for Christmas leftovers and plates to lick
Baba, in line with doctrine, it is ultra vire even to celebrate maolud not to say far away Christmas. only Allah shows His being raw understanding of Deen as not all Muslims does
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by budaatum: 11:38am On Dec 25, 2020
Lukgaf:
What is the ruling on celebrating non-Muslims' holiday? Can a Muslim celebrate them?

"So congratulating them is forbidden, whether they are one’s colleagues at work or otherwise."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/947/ruling-on-celebrating-non-muslim-holidays-and-congratulating-them
Wa `alaykum as-salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12889365_adddfaad741b422ca6a4c8a11dad1c68_jpeg_jpeg3ed603c7ce254f0880393334b9c6ac4a

I am certain there are brains inside heads.

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by yetunsbay(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2020
JoeEeL:
I used to tell you all here that religion makes you stupid but una no dey hear.

Once you put your mind heavily in religion, your stupidity will be nonstop. You will just keep getting stupider and stupider till you die.

The most stupid things will become normal to you. That's why you'll see girls in Ghana taking off their pants for pastors to anoint. Or muslims that consider shaking hands to be a sin, or even protesting for your rights. Or killing and meeting 72 jobless virgins in the sky.

not every man can comport self when he sees fine woman. So why would someone suggest shaking hands with someone woman or even not
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Sterope(f): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2020
Lmao. Many rich Muslims aren't celebrating either. Many rich and poor *conscious Muslims aren't celebrating. They wont even celebrate the prophet Muhammad's either.

Mo Salah and a couple of other celebrities do not represent all rich Muslims.

maynia:

Many poor Muslims** are not meant to celebrate
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by yetunsbay(m): 11:40am On Dec 25, 2020
Skmoda360:
I sign before I enter.....

Ok eti ya weyrey.....
can u be kind to establish your point while being here
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by yetunsbay(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2020
Afritop:
Now I understand why Boko Haram wants to bomb Christians every Christmas especially their take on this one. Thanks to the MOD for laying emphasis on it. angry
Sir/Madam, boko haram/Al Qaeda/Isis/or any other known terrorist organisations has nothing to do with Islam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Newnas(m): 11:44am On Dec 25, 2020
ifko:

Celebrating his birth is not a must, not everyone do celebrate their birthday. The main thing is recognizing d significance of his birth and death on the cross.
That paedophile terrorist can't save anyone. He told u that he didn't know where i s gonna end up his miserable life. But i know d guy dey rot for hell fire. Jesus said I am d way the truth and life.

Jumping from one argument to another like a mountain goat. That's enough proof that you're just another desperate but empty time waster.

I've said my word. It's left for you to think it over; sincerely.

Have a wonderful Friday.

2 Likes

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by yetunsbay(m): 11:44am On Dec 25, 2020
Sergioaguero:
I clicked mistakenly. I do not accept islam neither do I believe in their prophet. I believe in Onky JESUS AS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR. HE THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE IN THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD IS CONDEMED ALREADY. I am disappointed in the admin for putting declaration statement on a muslim post but not on a christian or circular post. It shows you are bias. For approving this kind of post, its shows you are sentimental and a bias bigot. Right your wrong.
Muslims belief in Prophet Issa (Jesus) as COMMANDMENT but he's not our saviour.

The latter the main difference

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by yetunsbay(m): 11:45am On Dec 25, 2020
BOOZELEE:
Hmmmm

Don't copy dia wedding's as well, white wedding originated from Christianity.Many Muslim do this not knowing that they are commiting Haram.Some young Muslim women are obsessed with White wedding.

not everyone fully understand the concept of Christianity as a Christian, same applies to Muslims.

Nevertheless, Islam 'is a way of Life'
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by yetunsbay(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2020
ggood:
Islam mean terrorism
No,it doesn't. We need to seek personal knowledge not what we are being brainwashed by media

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2020
Sterope:
Lmao. Many rich Muslims aren't celebrating either. Many rich and poor *conscious Muslims aren't celebrating. They wont even celebrate the prophet Muhammad's either.

Mo Salah and a couple of other celebrities do not represent all rich Muslims.

cheesy
Poor people do the most cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by elmodee7(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2020
Your writings is beyond stupid.
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by anigbajumo(m): 11:56am On Dec 25, 2020
kingsvictor2:
yes because killing and bombing are part and parcel of Islam. They enjoy it and accept it without complaints, illiterates.

Ode, for them to be killing Muslims ur cerebellum supposed to tell u that it has nothing to do with Islam, those who mastermind terrorism are not Muslim but using Islam to deceive guilible fools like you that can't reason deeply, if Terrorism is Islamic agenda BH won't even stay in North killing fellow Muslims..... Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam but using Islam as carmoflauge to tanish the image of Islam.

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by JoeEeL(m): 12:04pm On Dec 25, 2020
patani:

You posting this picture makes u look more e stupid... U guys that deny religion think ure smart but in actual sense, ure dumb... This picture was acting not real n u were not smart enough to investigate

What a zealot!

Pains everywhere. cool

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by ifko: 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2020
Newnas:

Jumping from one argument to another like a mountain goat. That's enough proof that you're just another desperate but empty time waster.

I've said my word. It's left for you to think it over; sincerely.

Have a wonderful Friday.
E pain am. Truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by davido91(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2020
So This made the front page For real though, Nairaland is truly an islamic site

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2020
Is this thread really necessary
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by ibnlawal(m): 12:31pm On Dec 25, 2020
Lukgaf:

Bolade?
Exactly! Unilorin graduate.
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2020
Alennsar:

Sometimes it is better not to waste your time explaining things to them because they know the truth, they are just trying to conceal it.

Alhamdulillah. Since seven years ago when I just came to my neighborhood in Abuja here, it was a great deal for my christian neighbors to accept the fact that I don't accept Christmas food or even wish anyone such but now they are the ones telling the others who are not aware that I don't take Christmas foods. I can't remember the last time any of them mistakenly wish me happy Christmas or new year. It's always the normal days greeting and we are doing well with each other. The problem with most Muslims is that they are too timid to stand up for what they believe in especially people from southwest. May Allah aid us.

Left to you northerners you're the ones practicing the real Islam and the others are fake Muslims, you equate your hausa/fulani traditional beliefs and think that those who don't follow that part are unbelievers. Look at how you're pushing a stupid tribal narrative. You're sick in the head.

2 Likes

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Newnas(m): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2020
ifko:

E pain am. Truth is bitter
Your statement shows your intention; you only meant to spite me.

I don't debate here (or anywhere else) to spite my opponents. A debate to make the truth known and to help people repent from disbelief to belief.

Once again, have a nice Friday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by LO18(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2020
I'M A,CHRISTIAN A
ND KNOW OUR LORD & SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST,THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF JEHOVAH,THE ONLY GOD,THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE & EVERYTHING THEREIN INCLUDING THE CHRISTIANS,MUSLIMS & ATHEIST.WE SHOULD ALL BE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS WHO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD,TO HEAVEN.
MOST PEOPLE DECIDE TO FOLLOW A PARTICULAR RELIGION BASED ON THE INFORMATION THEY RECEIVED MAYBE FROM THEIR PARENTS OR A PREACHER OR IMAM THEY RESPECT OR ADMIRE.
THOSE OF YOU FIGHTING FOR ALLAH WHO YOU BELIEVE IS GOD SHOULD ENSURE YOU TALK WITH GOD FACE TO FACE TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE SERVING HIM RIGHTLY .
YOU CAN ASK ALLAH DIRECTLY.
IF HE DOESN'T HEAR YOU,MAKE SURE YOU INVESTIGATE THOROUGHLY TO KNOW WHO THE TRUE GOD IS BECAUSE YOU MAY END UP IN HELL IF YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST SERVE ALLAH IGNORANTLY AND BEING UNAWARE THAT THE EXTREME TEACHINGS IN ISLAM THAT MAKES MUSLIMS TO HATE OTHER RELIGIONS AND PERSECUTE THEIR WORSHIPPERS IS NOT THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE REAL & ONLY ALMIGHTY GOD WANTS.BECAUSE JUST LIKE ON EARTH HERE WHERE SOMEONE MAY END UP IN JAIL OUT OF IGNORANCE IN CERTAIN THINGS,AFTER DEATH A PERSON CAN ALSO END UP IN HELL BECAUSE HE/SHE SERVE GOD IN THE WRONG RELIGION OR DOCTRINES

1 Like

Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by zakari247(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2020
please always use some scholars opinion not saying Islam as though Islam is own by the scholars.
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Sterope(f): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
I don't have time for silly takes this early morning.
maynia:

cheesy
Poor people do the most cheesy
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
Sterope:
I don't have time for silly takes this early morning.

I also don't have time for pedophile supporters tongue
Re: What Islam Says About Non-muslims Holiday And Celebrating Them by hayzed1090: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ironically, Christian chat box is an open thread for any one to comment but you hardly see any Muslim there countering whatever its been said on the thread while Islam for Muslims has a restriction and yet you see Christians taking oath just to interfere in a matter of no concern to them. Still you accuse Muslims of not been peaceful

This alone justifies the action of the moderators.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It / Islamic Ruling On DNA Testing To Establish Paternity / Nine Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.