Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals (9522 Views)

Yahaya Bello: I Will Defeat Atiku Before 2pm / Mohammed Jamil Bello: I Did Not Attack President Buhari - Kebbi Man (Video) / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 25, 2020
KOGI State Governor Yahaya Bello has reiterated his stand not to engage in any negotiation with bandits, kidnappers or terrorists, noting that such stand was a key ingredient in Kogi State’s fight against insecurity and criminals.

Bello made this known while responding to questions on security in the Northcentral on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily.

He gave an instance of a particular amnesty offered to a renowned bandit group in Nasarawa State after a particular top politician assured the government of the genuineness of the group’s repentance, adding that the group, unfortunately, reneged on their promise and were currently wreaking havoc in communities within that region.

He pointed out that strong political will was required to tackle security challenges of any type and the steps his administration took in a state bedevilled with security challenges was to deal ruthlessly with crime perpetrators and their sponsors.

The governor added that security was not only the responsibility of the Nigerian Army, the police and other security operatives but community ownership must also be instilled to facilitate trust and active participation of the people in their own security and safety, particularly intelligence sharing.
https://thenationonlineng.net/bello-i-wont-bargain-with-criminals/

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by osamz007: 4:46am On Dec 25, 2020
2023 TACTICS

26 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by tamdun: 5:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Give them once, they will come for more, fed govt should learn from Mr Bello and stop pampering terrorist

17 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by tamdun: 5:16am On Dec 25, 2020
osamz007:
2023 TACTICS
The man is a disappointment but he doesn't make empty threats, remember when he said he won't lock down kogi?

27 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by mayklef(m): 5:22am On Dec 25, 2020
Base on senior Criminal that u're....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Exc2000: 5:34am On Dec 25, 2020
cool

Buhari had no other option than to negotiate

If he had went in with Military action, the bloods of the kids would be on his hands

Buhari is an old man and sees things like an old man

.Yahaya Bello is a young man, he won't pay ransom, he won't allow NCDC in his State, he keeps claiming Kogi has nothing like covid 19

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by tamdun: 5:37am On Dec 25, 2020
Exc2000:

If he had went in with Military action, the bloods of the kids would be in his hands
Our govt have been negotiating with terrorist since.. Aminu masari, matawale, El rufai etc are all guilty

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by tamdun: 5:38am On Dec 25, 2020
Exc2000:

If he had went in with Military action, the bloods of the kids would be in his hands
Our govt have been negotiating with terrorist since.. Aminu masari, matawale, El rufai etc are all guilty, they even pay foreigners not to attack us on our own land

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Charmingrascal(m): 5:55am On Dec 25, 2020
Kingscee:
Our Reporter

KOGI State Governor Yahaya Bello has reiterated his stand not to engage in any negotiation with bandits, kidnappers or terrorists, noting that such stand was a key ingredient in Kogi State’s fight against insecurity and criminals.

Bello made this known while responding to questions on security in the Northcentral on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily.

He gave an instance of a particular amnesty offered to a renowned bandit group in Nasarawa State after a particular top politician assured the government of the genuineness of the group’s repentance, adding that the group, unfortunately, reneged on their promise and were currently wreaking havoc in communities within that region.

He pointed out that strong political will was required to tackle security challenges of any type and the steps his administration took in a state bedevilled with security challenges was to deal ruthlessly with crime perpetrators and their sponsors.

The governor added that security was not only the responsibility of the Nigerian Army, the police and other security operatives but community ownership must also be instilled to facilitate trust and active participation of the people in their own security and safety, particularly intelligence sharing.
https://thenationonlineng.net/bello-i-wont-bargain-with-criminals/

Some people are deceiving this one to contest for President in 2023.
Well if he doesn't how would they share from what he's looted in Kogi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Racoon(m): 6:01am On Dec 25, 2020
And where did you get the "tatatata" thugs you used in the last state governorship election.

6 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by emmabest2000(m): 6:02am On Dec 25, 2020
Before nko

You only give instructions to those working for you secretly to bargain with them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by crossfm: 6:02am On Dec 25, 2020
President Bello.

He is campaigning for president and stylishly telling us that the present administration is negotiating with terrorists.

If they can package our darling daddy to be president,why won't Bello think he has a chance.

6 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by ojietu: 6:03am On Dec 25, 2020
What is actually happening to Bello these days, he seem to be making some sense of recent. I hope it's not what I'm thinking.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by kennyz247(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2020
so this youngest yeye governor can make sense at times! wish u more sense this coming new year...

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Trustme2(m): 6:05am On Dec 25, 2020
Hmmmm. Oga face the current challenges in your state and forget 2023
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by DoctorDree(m): 6:05am On Dec 25, 2020
Easier said
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by mob(m): 6:05am On Dec 25, 2020
Be 2023 tactics or not ooo, what he said is just d plain truth....

3 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:07am On Dec 25, 2020
Quite commendable but politics is a fvcked up game here however he's still right though..

Rule 1.

You don't negotiate with pirates, kidnappers, terrorists and the like.

For a start, go watch 'Ice Age' and see things for yourself.
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by AFULA(m): 6:08am On Dec 25, 2020
okay
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:10am On Dec 25, 2020
more like you should be voted in as the cinc of this country, so that you can rendered this country useless as you made Kogi to look like third world region

we still have an epidemic who's spoiling everything for Nigerians, person go come add another tribulations like you? I say Godforbid

useless man
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Suny2am: 6:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Lies
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Antoeni(m): 6:19am On Dec 25, 2020
Kogi Goat weldone
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by chatinent: 6:19am On Dec 25, 2020
Campaign has begun.
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:23am On Dec 25, 2020
Good governance.

God bless Kogi state.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by lexy2014: 6:30am On Dec 25, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

If he had went in with Military action, the bloods of the kids would be on his hands

.Yahaya Bello is a young man, he won't pay ransom, he won't allow NCDC in his State, he keeps claiming Kogi has nothing like covid 19

So since negotiating with d bandits and transferring funds to their accounts, what has d govt done to capture them?
Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by goshen26: 6:32am On Dec 25, 2020
The more we keep using hands to rub the heads of criminals the more criminals we have.

Once a certain jobless, no future set of guys see that their colleague in other parts were pampered it become motivation for them to start their own

But when you get one, deal with him and entir lineage the others will stop because their lineage will should on them.

Abi u think the family of these guys don't know what their sons do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by complexBoss12: 6:33am On Dec 25, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

post=97405206:
Good governance.

God bless Kogi state.

God bless Nigeria.

STFU both of you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello: I Won’t Bargain With Criminals by Paretomaster1(m): 6:38am On Dec 25, 2020
tamdun:

The man is a disappointment but he doesn't make empty threats, remember when he said he won't lock down kogi?

Correct!, he might have failed in many aspect, but he did a lot on security in kogi

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Confirms Bomb Blast In Adamawa Office / President Buhari Mourns Olaniwun Ajayi / EFCC To Spend N6.13billion On New Head Office - The Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.