Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again (13083 Views)

Ngige: I Have Done What Napoleon Couldn’t Do / FG Finally Agree To Give ASUU This Price / These Schools Won’t Give You Admission If You Don’t Have Credit In Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by adenigga(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2020
Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, on Wednesday, said he won’t give the Academic Staff Union of University any excuse to go on strike again.

Ngige, whose ministry is the negotiator between the varsity lecturers and the Federal Ministry of Education, said he would ensure the government keeps its part of the bargain.

The PUNCH had earlier reported that ASUU National President, Biodun Ogunyemi, on Wednesday morning in Abuja, “conditionally” suspended the nine-month-long strike by the lecturers after a lot of foot-dragging by both parties.

Ogunyemi said the suspension of the strike takes effect from Thursday, December 24th, 2020, warning that the union would resume the industrial action without notice if the government fails in meeting its part of the agreement.

But speaking on Wednesday night, the minister said he would ensure the government does its own bit.

Ngige spoke on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme monitored by The PUNCH.

He said the government would pay ASUU the agreed N40bn Earned Allowance before December 31, 2020.

The minister said, “We will not get to that (fresh strike), we will not get there because we have so structured the agreement in such a way that it is a win-win situation for everybody.

“For example, the Revitalisation (Fund), we have given government up to 31st of January to pay that. We have also opened the window that by end of February, we will sit down and review the situation, eight weeks or nine weeks from now, so nobody will keep anybody in suspense.

“I will not give ASUU the opportunity to go on strike (again) because I have three biological children that suffered from this imbroglio that we found ourselves in. So, I am a committed parent, I am involved, even more than some ASUU members because some of them have their children in private schools.

“I will not give them the opportunity because I will make sure the government does its own bit. I have structured the agreement in such a way that it is doable.”

On the threat by the ASUU president that the union could return to strike without informing the government, Ngige said, “They also know that we have labour laws and if the worst comes to the worst, they will give time, they will give notice.”
https://m.punchng.com/Featured/I-wont-give-ASUU-opportunity-to-go-on-strike-again–Ngige

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by nyiamfrank: 6:05am On Dec 25, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Fahdiga(m): 6:05am On Dec 25, 2020
Believe this short deceitful imp at your own peril

23 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by AFULA(m): 6:09am On Dec 25, 2020
okay
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by crossfm: 6:09am On Dec 25, 2020
Another confused fellow.

Watch as he deny saying this when the time comes.

They will quickly add the resumption of universities as a major achievement in this administration, since no tangible project to show.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by shamsin6300(m): 6:09am On Dec 25, 2020
Better do
see as you automatically add another year to my 5years program.
smh undecided
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by IamWonderful: 6:09am On Dec 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by sheDD(m): 6:10am On Dec 25, 2020
adenigga:

https://m.punchng.com/Featured/I-wont-give-ASUU-opportunity-to-go-on-strike-again–Ngige

"........and we will go into another strike without notice if the govt fails to keep their part of bargain"
This nine-month strike action with FG's recurring pleas has given ASUU boisterous confidence undecided undecided
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 25, 2020
Short man Devul

If you really do have three kids schooling here, this strike wouldn't have lasted this long.
Is there even a half person from APC that the people are proud of?

4 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by CelestineNelson: 6:10am On Dec 25, 2020
As if the money to boost Education sector is going to come from your pocket...

1 Like

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Odunolumide(m): 6:10am On Dec 25, 2020
Na you sabi
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by DrTims(m): 6:10am On Dec 25, 2020
It's alright. I hope they allow me to finish my PhD programme in peace undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by BonPatrick(m): 6:11am On Dec 25, 2020
Useless man
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Jubal01: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2020
AMEN!
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by blackpanda: 6:11am On Dec 25, 2020
Mtscheeeew

The national assembly should concession all public universities or privatize them. That's the only solution. Otherwise strike will never end

1 Like

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by ebuk4real(m): 6:12am On Dec 25, 2020

Welcome to Nigeria: Land of confusion galore...
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by kambili999(f): 6:12am On Dec 25, 2020
This man said he is a doctor?

Oh no

Hippocratic oath has suffered angry

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Aguilar(m): 6:13am On Dec 25, 2020
baba motherfucker
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Pipefitter: 6:13am On Dec 25, 2020
I think Ngige would be sacked soon

2 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Suny2am: 6:13am On Dec 25, 2020
grin
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 25, 2020
Sharap.
If you like no complete that alert.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by anochuko01(m): 6:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Lol
Strike wey them merely SUSPEND?

3 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Antoeni(m): 6:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Dis county ns wa
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 25, 2020
kambili999:
This man said he is a doctor?

Oh no

Hippocratic oath has suffered angry

Oluwole doktor.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Sunnycliff(m): 6:17am On Dec 25, 2020
Match up your words with action. That's all

4 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Alfarisiey: 6:17am On Dec 25, 2020
look at this man, is he serious what about his chemical children;?

3 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Adonis86(m): 6:19am On Dec 25, 2020
The fear of ASUU is the beginning of wisdom... unlike one selfish club called NLC

4 Likes

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 25, 2020
You can't dictate for us ngige, we are not resuming until FG buy a SUV each for all our lecturers
Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by adenigga(m): 6:21am On Dec 25, 2020
Rgade:
Sharap.
If you like no complete that alert.

........!!!!

Re: Ngige: I Won’t Give ASUU Opportunity To Go On Strike Again by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:22am On Dec 25, 2020
If you like no pay them their money.. dey here dey run mouth. Mtcheww

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Group Moves Against Sexual Exploitation, To Install Queen Of Nigerian Institutio / Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts / UNILAG Senate, Staff Unions, Reject New VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.