Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks (536 Views)

Ahmad Lawan Cautions Against Revenge Over Killing Of Gulak / Full Text: Kukah's Christmas Message, About Buhari That Sparked Reactions / Abaribe Cautions Against Lockdown Extension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by OfficialMURIC: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2020
On the eve of 2020 Christmas, the Nigerian Islamic human rights organization, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has felicitated with Christians in the country. The organization also urged the security agencies to protect places of worship during the yuletide.

MURIC’s Christmas message was relayed through a press statement issued by the director of MURIC, Professor Ishaq Akintola, on Thursday, 24th December, 2020.

MURIC said:

“We felicitate with our Christian neighbours as they mark 2020 Christmas. We share with them the aura of festivity and wish them a merry Christmas. In particular, our greetings go to Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the Vice President of Nigeria, Rev. Samson Olasupo Ayokunle, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria and all Christians in the country.

“We urge the security agencies to ensure adequate protection for places of worship and all law abiding citizens during the yuletide particularly in view of the alarm raised by the Department of State Services (DSS) concerning the plan being made by unscrupulous elements to carry out series of bombings at this period.

By the same token, we charge Nigerians to be security conscious and to report any suspicious person to the security agencies. People inside or around churches and mosques should be on the lookout for strange faces as well as abandoned vehicles, bags and packages. Such items should not be touched but reports should be lodged with the authorities with immediate effect.

“We call on Nigerians to spend the period in sober reflection and to pray for the safe return of Leah Sharibu in particular, the Chibok girls and all other captives in general. Nigerians are also requested to spend the Christmas period praying for the return of peace, security and economic stability to the country.

“We advise non-moderate fellow Muslims who have always criticized and condemned MURIC each time we send messages of love to Christians during festivals to reflect on the true teachings of Islam and the essence of humanity. As we strive lawfully for the realization of Allah-given fundamental human rights of Nigerian Muslims, MURIC will not be swayed from the path of love for fellowmen, tolerance, forgiveness and peaceful coexistence, all in an atmosphere of mutual respect.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC).

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/12/24-th-december-2020-christmas-message.html?m=1

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by GOTVee: 9:15am On Dec 25, 2020
sad May God bless MURIC and all our Muslim brothers for the warmly wishes. We all need one another irrespective of our religious differences. This is a good example from MURIC and it's worthy of emulation for we Christians as we celebrate. Let's be tolerant and peaceful. On behalf of we nigerian Christians I say Thank you to Muric. sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Realtord43: 9:23am On Dec 25, 2020
We dont need your felicitation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by BrownLondon(m): 9:23am On Dec 25, 2020
nice gesture from Prof. Akintola.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by BrownLondon(m): 9:23am On Dec 25, 2020
Realtord43:
because?
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by GOTVee: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2020
Realtord43:

The Bible admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves. Learn to be tolerant and let love lead.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by ILoveeyouall(f): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2020
Nice gesture!!!

Am still waiting for kanu speech to Igbos

1 Like

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by ILoveeyouall(f): 9:30am On Dec 25, 2020
Realtord43:
hypo is 30naira go and sip small.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Elpipitaaa: 9:32am On Dec 25, 2020
Nice gesture. peace and harmony is what we crave.
Abeg someone should Help me with a Job o. I really need to work and start Next year strongly.
christmas is even difficult to Celebrate self. whoever God Touch should help me with anything.
ecobank.
thank you
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by OfficialMURIC: 9:35am On Dec 25, 2020
Realtord43:

The word [MURIC] tends to elicit really negative responses, especially from boys. But MURIC will not be swayed from the path of love for fellowmen, tolerance, forgiveness and peaceful coexistence, all in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Goldmaxx(f): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Realtord43: 9:54am On Dec 25, 2020
ILoveeyouall:
hypo is 30naira go and sip small.
Go buy it nd give it to your broke boyfriend

1 Like

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by limeta(f): 9:57am On Dec 25, 2020
Muric should know better
It is haram
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by okefranci: 10:09am On Dec 25, 2020
Thanks for the message, happy Christmas and new year in advance
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by TheRareGem1(f): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2020
This is the Nigeria we hope to see. Wishing watch other well, I hope same can be extended to making peace, and strengthen our unity.

Merry Christmas to Christian NRder and all over the world
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Thunder1010: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2020
sad
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Endoscopy: 10:41am On Dec 25, 2020
Muric has committed HARAAM for facilitating with the christian on Christmas day..... LUkGAF

1 Like

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Joyce95: 10:45am On Dec 25, 2020
Thank you, Merry Christmas and new year in advance
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by omowolewa: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2020
Humn, which kind greeting is that?
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by IlovePMB: 11:09am On Dec 25, 2020
I taught it is a haram for muslims to wish Christians happy Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Sirjamo: 11:14am On Dec 25, 2020
MURIC is always doing what JNI should be doing. JNI under the Sultan is a dormant organization, reason Nigerian Muslims have no real direction.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2020
GOTVee:
May God bless MURIC and all our Muslim brothers for the warmly wishes. We all need one another irrespective of our religious differences. This is a good example from MURIC and it's worthy of emulation for we Christians as we celebrate. Let's be tolerant and peaceful. On behalf of we nigerian Christians I say Thank you to Muric. (

May God bless you too, my beloved brother, for taking these words right out of my mouth!..

And to my beloved Nairaland family, I say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! .. May 2021 be a blessing to us all, amen!

God bless Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Zeesugar(f): 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
May the joy of the season fill our hearts
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Kapilta(m): 1:32am On Dec 26, 2020
shocked Officialmuric bawo. Prof shey you dey whine me ni? Broda Muri shout finish we no see am for court ashey na NL broda muri cum hide. grin Someone help me call falz o, na here broda muri dey, we don find am. grin
Re: Christmas Message: Muric Greets Christians, Cautions Against Attacks by Kapilta(m): 1:39am On Dec 26, 2020
ILoveeyouall:
Nice gesture!!!

Am still waiting for kanu speech to Igbos
Shey same kanu that is vexing that people are making small donations for him grin Any message he pass give them right now na curse go full inside. grin

(1) (Reply)

Why The Police, Civil Defense Refused To Go To Bush To Arrest Fulani. / Breaking!!! Rivers State Governor Wike Receives Senator Orji Kalu In Govt House / Marwa: Kidnappers Now Ask For Ransom In Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.