Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,254 members, 7,829,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video (68945 Views)

Lagos Govt To Repair Third Mainland Bridge On Sunday / Man Shares Photo Of What He Saw In An 'Ibadan' Hotel / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by pretydiva(f): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
Na so e suppose be. This shouldn't be news
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Amcele(m): 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2020
Majority of people travel before yesterday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by EmekaBlue(m): 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
Mad christmas
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by specialmati(m): 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2020
Sonyboom:
The jews from hellfire have refused to leave the land they insult the indigene n the land while abandoning the doomed state of Abia. A state stinking with the unpalatable stench of dirt rubbish n foolishness.
dont be mad and foolish at the same time for easy treatment. we are in the season of celebration. hide your frustration this few days.find somewhere and eat Christmas rice,it will help your recovery

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by LOVEGINO(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2020
Exc2000:
The reality is that lockdown affected people's business and don't expect much traveling or traffic
nope. Xmas day is always like that. Best time to move around.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by emmabest2000(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
Mumu talk
You're thanking the wrong people

Just thanks buhari for his hardship upon the people that made them stays wherever they are this yuletide grin

Then COVID-19 perfected bubu's work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by amarachi06(f): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
NOC1:
lipsrsealed

People travelled, even on ordinary days he’s bridge is not as free as this.

This was achieved by discipline and close monitoring, major reason for traffic congestion in Nigeria is rush and inpatient

A friend of mine was stuck in traffic from 3pm till 2am this morning.

it will resume by tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by jovijovi: 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2020
What else again was he expecting?

Anyway, for your wholesale or retail purchace of small and big black nylons at wholesale price, check my signature
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Emeks100: 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2020
A miracle of some sort.someone should show me and my family joy this Xmas.thanks in advance..

30 5354 0079...
First bank
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by loopman: 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2020
Until Nnamdi Kanu and his outlawed group call IPOB blows up that bridge to severe themselves away from the rest of Nigeria, he will continue to me a clown and idiot
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Slynation(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2020
Bonesking:
Passengers are becoming wiser. Despite that we are in a pandemic year, the motorist plying east still pushed their fare high. How can you charging 15k to Onitsha from Lagos? The worst is that since when the subsidy strike ended, the culture of double charging passenger wasn’t left behind. And this nonsense wasn’t the norm when the luxury buses were the means of travelling. But as soon as the small buses which plied mainly Benin/Warri began venturing east, everything got messed up.

I love what I’m seeing, people are getting wiser. Let the bus companies pack their family, dogs and animals into their buses and ferry them home. Nobody will tell them not to bring the fare back to its normal price.
Bro... it's so heartbreaking I must tell you.... within last 2 week to 24th I have journeyed from Awka to Owerri to Asaba to Onitsha due to the nature of my hustle, the sudden hike in prices of Tfare clearly shows we are our own devil in this country.......
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by InvertedHammer: 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
/
Buhari got the traffic situation figured out.

Make life so hard that Nigerians cannot afford to travel during holidays. Result? Easy flow of traffic on the roads. grin

/
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Rugaria: 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
Which Obiano and wazobia gini? People are not traveling much because of all the troubles in the land this year..
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Rugaria: 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2020
loopman:
Until Nnamdi Kanu and his outlawed group call IPOB blows up that bridge to severe themselves away from the rest of Nigeria, he will continue to me a clown and idiot
Goan eat free Christmas rice somewhere and have some joy... It's Xmas, don't be so bitter..

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by fourboys: 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2020
dyera:
And they say Buhari is not doing anything in south east.
na bad condition make ppl no travel na
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by coputa(m): 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2020
CandidNotes:
I digress. Men keep complaining that their children only love their mothers. Treat your wife with love and your children will adore you. The way to a man's heart is se.x and food, the way to your children's hearts is the happiness and peace of their mother.

How they watched you treat their mother is EXACTLY how they will treat you when they are all grown.
WRONG!!!,Treat the children right,spend time with them,do, little but important things to them, they will never forget.
Recently,I saw a woman carrying his son's school bag on her head when coming back from school,these are little things that children value so much,
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
Romanoff:
Money no dey, money no dey, yet people travel enmasse.
You sure , but a girl from Nigeria is saying an average Nigerian does not travel. Thank goodness you're saying this.
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by UnknownT: 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
I spent 2 hours plus on this route going to Warri from Makurdi early this month
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Caroworld: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
Kzinne:

Not really so, people travelled as before even with astronomical bus fares. At least here in Onitsha, no effect of lockdown witnessed, movement was boom as usual.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by AuwalYusuf812(m): 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2020
grin
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by chianos: 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2020
Is this the much advertised 2nd Niger bridge??
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by CrazeMan69(m): 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2020
Who still dey call slowdog for show self grin tongue
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by donem: 3:18pm On Dec 25, 2020
CrazeMan69:
Who still dey call slowdog for show self grin tongue
lolz true talk, I just like that him name shah.
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by cnonyechi(f): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2020
Exc2000:
The reality is that lockdown affected people's business and don't expect much traveling or traffic
You are wrong, infact the traffic had been terrible up till today 25th, people mostly Igbos travelled in mass this year.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by cnonyechi(f): 3:27pm On Dec 25, 2020
Amcele:
Majority of people travel before yesterday

Very correct
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by drlateef: 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
My heart skips by seeing drivers driving on double white lines, even against on-coming traffic. I then realise it’s Nigeria where anything goes. I don’t think I can ever drive in Nigeria. No wonder accidents are 3 for 1 penny in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Kylce042(m): 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2020
galaxylauncher:
Nigerian singer- Slowdog was earlier this morning crossing through Onitsha bridge on his way to Asaba on a paid showbiz, he was particularly amazed that the bridge which for years had witnessed heavy traffic more especially on a Christmas day was free and vehicles moving smoothly.

Thanks to the WAZOBIA FM Onitsha, thanks to the 600 FRSC official and police that Gov Obiano deployed to ease traffic at Headbridge environs and all over Anambra State.

Onitsha Niger bridge is the gateway to the heart of Igbo land. Anything that happens to Onitsha bridge will directly and indirectly affects the entire Igbo land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb4XqweGOhU

Was on that traffic for almost 4 hours yesterday. The traffic started from koka junction Asaba and stretched to the bridge was an awful experience
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Kingrefreshed: 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
dyera:
And they say Buhari is not doing anything in south east.

Are you not ashamed of that comment??
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by GhostWisperer: 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2020
Bonesking:
Passengers are becoming wiser. Despite that we are in a pandemic year, the motorist plying east still pushed their fare high. How can you charging 15k to Onitsha from Lagos? The worst is that since when the subsidy strike ended, the culture of double charging passenger wasn’t left behind. And this nonsense wasn’t the norm when the luxury buses were the means of travelling. But as soon as the small buses which plied mainly Benin/Warri began venturing east, everything got messed up.

I love what I’m seeing, people are getting wiser. Let the bus companies pack their family, dogs and animals into their buses and ferry them home. Nobody will tell them not to bring the fare back to its normal price.
the bus drivers and bus companies are all igbo people and the igbo man's philosophy for profit is very devilish and extreme.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by sapientia(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
Covid 19

Harsh economy

These too have effect on what he saw
Re: Onitsha Bridge On Christmas Day: Slowdog Shocked At What He Saw: Pics & Video by Anaerobi(m): 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2020
What do you expect na?
It's a state that 99.8% are christains. so they are celebrating Christmas. and the nearest state to it are also Christain dominated area too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ariel View Of Ibadan Explosion before and after(picture) / Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo / Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.