Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,294 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo (68835 Views)

Lagos Warns Residents Of Lekki, Ajah, Others Of Imminent Flooding / Lagos-Badagry Expressway: See The Bad Road Motorists, Residents Go Through Daily / Why Don’t Nigerians Give Way To Emergency Vehicles In Traffic (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by allsaint2000: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2022

For the past few months, commuters living near the Ajah axis in Lagos have had to deal with horrendous traffic in their daily commute.

The traffic typically builds up as early as 5am and those who left home by then often complain of being stuck in the traffic up until 7am and nowhere close to Lekki.

Some commuters in commercial vehicles are often left with no choice than to disembark from their vehicles and continue their commutes on foot.

The main source of the traffic is the ongoing construction work on the Lekki-Epe Expressway, particularly around the Eleganza-VGC-Ajah axis.

Lekki Regional Road

In May 2020, Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu officially launched the construction of the long-awaited Lekki regional road.

The route is expected to relieve traffic congestion on the main Lekki-Epe Expressway and throughout the Lekki sub-region.

The road will link the Lekki-Epe Expressway at Victoria Garden City (VGC) Junction to the Freedom Way in Eti Osa.

The 8.75-kilometer road, which includes a 500-meter bridge, a 251-meter interchange, a 50-meter bicycle lane, and an adjacent 500-meter road, is being undertaken by Messrs Hitech Construction Company Ltd.

The road, which is currently 60% percent complete, would connect the Lekki-Epe Expressway at the Victoria Garden City (VGC) junction to the Freedom Way in Eti-Osa to alleviate traffic congestion on the axis.

While providing as an alternative to the Eti-Osa-Epe Expressway, the road project will provide access to Victoria Garden City, Ikate Elegushi, Ikota, Chevron Drive, Ajiran, Pinnock Beach Estate, Gracefield Island, and Orange Island.

The road is also expected to promote socio-economic activities on the Lekki-Epe axis, in addition to offering an alternate route for inhabitants.

Lekki subregion is the new economic center of Lagos with huge amounts already invested in the Lekki Free Trade Zone, Lekki Ports, Dangote Petrochemical Plant, Lekki Airports as well as other industrial and commercial developments.

The pilling work for the pedestrian bridges has been completed, and the bridges have already been installed, as well as a significant amount of sand filling dredging on the road alignment.

This project is to precede the proposed Fourth Mainland Bridge whose construction will begin in the first quarter of 2022.

The Lekki regional project is scheduled to be completed in June 2022.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by DoctorOlasDesk: 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
The traffic along this corridor begs for alternatives

It's hi-time the government holds symposium so young ones can bring ideas to mitigate these crises

I have ideas that can reduce the traffic on this route by 85%. I'm willing to sell to LASG for 600M minimum, This is a decent sum to ask when compared to the economic advantages the government will get from this road.. If the government is serious about reducing the traffic, i'm here. Ideas full ground. The alternatives will cost between 200 Billion to 1 Trillion Quid but if the road doesn't become cleared up, they can hang me

I will only speak for 30 minutes and the things I will say when put to immediate action will permanently end traffic on that road

Meanwhile, I did my personal research on the road some weeks ago and noticed there's atleast space for 8 meters stretch to the sides of the existing road, this can accommodate atleast two more lanes which would ease movement if optimally untiled. This begs for answer to the question, what has LASG been doing with the se-called maintenance funds generated at the toll in the past 8-12 years and above.

I've persistently begged for major works carried out by LASG with the accruals from the road. Lagosians on that route are suffering from the mismanagement and draconian posturing of the government. Why?

The toll has been estimated to enjoy an inflow of around 5-25 Billion monthly, sure some amount would go into servicing the so-called debts in getting the road done before now ( Note, public eyes are blinded from inquiry into the financial reports of the debt servicing in regards to amounts payed, amounts yet to be paid, LASG only fraudulently releases memo every time saying we're extending tolls by 100 years bla bla bla without cursory information into the financial fineprints of the entirety of concerns with regards to the toll and the road )

LASG has been through the back doors sponsoring APC using the funds to sponsor from presidential election, to Osun take-over, to Ekiti take over, to Kwara take over, to Osun take over, leaving the tax payers at the merci of these thieves.

Let's speak using estimate since the government has permanently closed its books from all kinds of auditing. Let's say around 5-20 Billion is raised from the road/toll monthly, and 50% goes into debt servicing, this implies 50% would be left, let's put this figure between 2.5 and 10 Billion monthly, this figure translates to 30-120 Billion Naira annually. I double dare LASG to publish records of maintenance works carried on that road to the tune of billions per year. We also demand for the ist of the construction companies and the list of board of directors for each company

If LASG was saving 50-100 Billion annually, this means within a five years span, it would have raised 500 Billion, with support from financial institutions, it could raise additional 500 Billion, making it a combined 1 Trillion Naira revenue adequate for extremely complex engineering and construction activities to solve the challenges of this road. It's either these guys have nothing upstairs or are simply adopting the let's spend what's available attitude. Has anyone ever seen the public audited account of the toll gate in the past ten years? With 500 Billion Quid- 1 Trillion Quid, massive complex modern engineering solutions could be employed in getting the road in prim and proper form for a modern city. Nigerians make demands, stop accepting mediocrity. Wake up

You can all see why INEC said 2019 election COST BOTH APC AND PDP between 100 - 200 Billion Naira. Rather than spend tax accruals on development, your godfathers have been spending these hard earned resources on political misadventure. I dare LASG to try me and the videos i will release on youtube will bring their god father caucass to the ground. That road is in terrible shape for the population on that road. Work needs to be done

Cc : SarkinYarki

Guys watch the video in the link below abeg

https://dnbstories.com/2022/04/video-of-osinachis-husband-peter-beating-her.html

115 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by dawnomike(m): 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2022
We have become used to the madness

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Esejojo: 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2022
I don't see how this so-called "Lekki Regional road" will decongest the roads leading to Epe in a few years to come.

Anyone who understand the scale of residential and industrial developments going on from Ajah down to Epe would realize that we have a government who thinks only of today and not tomorrow.

A totally brand new alternative road would be a better solution

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by YeyeGbami: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
Oma shey o. Easy pickings for traffic robbers.

When una go expand mobolaji bank anthony way, Isolo rd /ikotun rd ? Na only lekki una wan dey do.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Authoreety: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
Congestion yakpa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by WIZGUY69(m): 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
Lagos is too populated. I have been to all the regions in Nigeria, and I can boldly say 80% of Nigeria's land mass are just forest and thick forest. Flighting across Nigeria reveals the state of underdevelopment and low population density in all parts of Nigeria except Lagos state. Nigeria is really not a beautiful country. grin

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Eriokanmi: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
No be una wan stay for lekki? Fake lifestyle, running generator 24/7, living always in fears with most places with green floors and mosquito infested environment where water can't be used to bathe or flush the toilet without being treated with floods everywhere blocking driveways.

I have money to build in lekki but I chose not to. My friend working with an oil and gas compamy who built there ended up selling it and moving with me to the mainland. I enjoy steady power supply with good environment in the estate where I live with family. Before the national grid collapsed, we were enjoying electricity for at least 20 hours daily. When traveling overseas or within , I always get to the airport ahead of those coming from that side. I still wonder what they're seeing there.

Lekki insecurity is worse even now. If care isn't taken, you could be picked and taken off to a ritualist den unnoticed. There's a boy who's been missing since early march who went to work at lekki so he wouldn't stay home doing nothing due to ASUU strike. He's not been found till date. We always pray that he returns home safely. His name is Samson Adeola Ajayi, a UI student. He got to same lekki and never returned. Some people said they sighted him around lekki that morning he went missing, meaning he actually got to lekki before his disappearance. He never reported for work. There's only one road leading there from the mainland. The government keeps using 4th mainland bridge to campaign every 4 years. Hope we'd reason well next year by not falling for their lies again. Lekki my foot.

86 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by datola: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2022
And every Tom, Dick and Hary is moving to Lekki Ajah to belong.

That axis is going to be over congested in few years to come.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Emmastan291: 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
Living in Lagos is never easy...
Lagos is not for the faint hearted

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Ara21(f): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
Come to Mararaba Nyanya and see.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by AkProsper(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
The ever busy road. And the traffic along that route keeps getting worse every year due to the increase in the number of modern ghetto called service apartments.

Anyways Island is not for everybody.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by tonididdy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
Luxury slums

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Franking: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
Where's better?

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Ombudsman1: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Franchise21(m): 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
OK

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by BrickDevo: 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2022

1 Like

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Dikaveli(m): 8:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
Their business come onitsha too and see the ones that army gate, upper iweka, head bridge, 33, awada and Tarzan every day

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by superemmy(m): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
Why can't we build subways, tram, interdistrict commuter mini-trains like advanced countries to decongest traffic.

We have the money yet no one uses his brain in government to know its possible.

After they see all these things in developed countries they come back here chasing lifelong ambitions with nothing to show for it.

Nigerians jus like to suffer undecided undecided undecided

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Propsvilla(m): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
Lagidi
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Charmingrascal(m): 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
Can't stay in this Lagos

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by BrickDevo: 8:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
dawnomike:
We have become used to the madness
Yes, it is only mad people that can be calm enduring hardship, corruption + backwardness,...

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by seunayantokun(m): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
If you have ever checked out and seen what obtains elsewhere, you will accept the system called Nigeria is a jungle, kept so by evil doers called leaders.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Afonjakid: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Too many afonjas are fleeing their brown roof states to Lagos to come and be causing gridlocks for lagosians.most of them just ce to do agbero work and constitute nusiances in lagos.the need to go back to their skull mining and brown roof infested states

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Please someone should assist me with accommodation for just 1 month, preferably around ibeju lekki,and within. I've been having several job IVs around ibeju lekki axis and ajah. Once I secure a job I'll sort myself.
A kind hearted person should help,I'm not a difficult person, thanks.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by Born2Breed(f): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Eko 4 Show
Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by simple250: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Lekki down to Ajah needs a fly over bridge, that is the only solution to the traffic madness on that road all this bridge construction will only push the traffic to the next traffic light...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lekki-Ajah Traffic: See What Residents Of Lekki-VGC-Ajah Go Through Daily (Photo by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hmm. With this, I don't think I can leave in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) / Ibeno Beach, Akwa-ibom: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa! (pix inside) / Truck Moving Damaged Osinbajo's Helicopter Spoilt In Kogi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.