Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. (4208 Views)

Camry 07 Not Starting When On NEUTRAL / My Mercedes Benz Gl550 2008 Smoke After Starting The Engine In The Morning / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by EgunMogaji2: 10:02am On Jan 06, 2021
abidemidare:
I gave the car to one rewire I was introduced to, he checked it and said I should change the engine. I'm worried now.

You gave a GL550 to just one rewire?

2 Likes

Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by cardoctor(m): 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2021
IkpuMmadu:

Crank sensor

A crank sensor is an electronic device used in an internal combustion engine, both petrol and diesel, to monitor the position or rotational speed of the crankshaft. This information is used by engine management systems to control the fuel injection or the ignition system timing and other engine parameters.

Your engine is good ... Change crank sensor abeg

That's the problem. Crankshafts sensor or Camshaft sensors. One of them may be faulty especially the Crank sensor but do a scan first.
Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by Billiebaba(m): 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
Boss, you see changing parts won't solve your problem, what you car needs is proper diagnosis, a good technician that can capture the fault when it occurs. Call this guy, he has high end equipment to analyse your car problem. Autologic +234 806 116 6316.
Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by bishopkay: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You gave a GL550 to just one rewire?

As in ehn e shock me! I was however not disappointed by the rewire's diagnosis grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by Blackbishop(m): 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
IkpuMmadu:

I also experienced it. I was told it is crank sensor ....

God bless you.

The crankshaft Position sensor is your problem change it and you will thank me
Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by Kewtt: 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2021
abidemidare:
I gave the car to one rewire I was introduced to, he checked it and said I should change the engine. I'm worried now.
Come back to this thread. Now pause..... Contact radautoworks... she's a Benz fanatic and a very competent tech.... funny enough she's very affordable....
Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by abidemidare: 12:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kewtt:

Come back to this thread. Now pause..... Contact radautoworks... she's a Benz fanatic and a very competent tech.... funny enough she's very affordable....
Thank me later.

Hmmm
Give me her contact pls
Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by abidemidare: 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
The car is now OK after I was introduced to one very good rewire in ojuelegba, I later changed the engine, I bought the engine at owode onirin, accident vehicle, and it was still doing the same thing. I later took it to somewhere in yaba, it spent 4weeks there without any positive result, they even condemned the 2nd engine I bought, saying I should go for borale tokunbo engine of N700,000. The car I bought there in a good condition was toyed to ojuelegba. The engine was run with diesel engine oil for 2hours to flushed out dirty particles and later used synthetic oil, I was told to be changing the oil every two weeks for three times. and he also re programed the brain box and we also changed the kick because the former kick got burnt at the place. Now it's starting after driving it for hours. I'm dancing AZONTO.... lol
Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
abidemidare:
The car is now OK after I was introduced to one very good rewire in ojuelegba, I later changed the engine, I bought the engine at owode onirin, accident vehicle, and it was still doing the same thing. I later took it to AUTOLOGIC at federal science and technical college in yaba, it spent 4weeks there without any positive result, they even condemned the 2nd engine I bought, saying I should go for borale tokunbo engine of N700,000. The car I bought there in a good condition was toyed to ojuelegba. The engine was run with diesel engine oil for 2hours to flushed out dirty particles and later used synthetic oil, I was told to be changing the oil every two weeks for three times. and he also re programed the brain box and we also changed the kick because the former kick got burnt at AUTOLOGIC workshop. Now it's starting after driving it for hours. I'm dancing AZONTO.... lol
I'm happy for you, most of our mechanics will use vehicles you bought with your hard earned cash to do biology practical, destroy things and still expect you to pay for things they destroyed. That's why I always recommend radautoworks especially for high end cars like yours to avoid stories that touch. Luckily, problem solved so just enjoy your car and prepare for a bigger car very soon. More grace to your pocket

2 Likes

Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by DMechy: 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
abidemidare:
The car is now OK after I was introduced to one very good rewire in ojuelegba, I later changed the engine, I bought the engine at owode onirin, accident vehicle, and it was still doing the same thing. I later took it to AUTOLOGIC at federal science and technical college in yaba, it spent 4weeks there without any positive result, they even condemned the 2nd engine I bought, saying I should go for borale tokunbo engine of N700,000. The car I bought there in a good condition was toyed to ojuelegba. The engine was run with diesel engine oil for 2hours to flushed out dirty particles and later used synthetic oil, I was told to be changing the oil every two weeks for three times. and he also re programed the brain box and we also changed the kick because the former kick got burnt at AUTOLOGIC workshop. Now it's starting after driving it for hours. I'm dancing AZONTO.... lol

Your problem was a bad ecu all along.

And those kind of faults dont show on scan.

You need live data to detect them with a streak of luck

Mercedese are prone to engines not starting when brainbox is hot. Most times as a result of a bad driver in the ecu

1 Like

Re: My Mercedes-benz GL550 08 Not Starting When The Engine Get Hot. by Kingsoul1(m): 11:49pm On Mar 29
DMechy:

Your problem was a bad ecu all along.

And those kind of faults dont show on scan.

You need live data to detect them with a streak of luck

Mercedese are prone to engines not starting when brainbox is hot. Most times as a result of a bad driver in the ecu

I am currently facing this same exact issue on a 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL 550. Starts only when it is cold. If the car runs for 10mins and you turn it off, it won't start again. if it is hot and you try to start it, it cranks slowly as if your car battery is low or sometimes it just makes a "Kim" sound as if your kick starter is bad and not revolving. If the car cools down for about 20 minutes it will start up normal.

Yet to do any scan or diagonisis because people that I spoke with are saying that I should replace Engine completely.

But then I think you are right with your assertion, the ECU is the culprit and not the Engine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Front-end Rattling Noise Emanating From The Suspension / What Do You Think Of This Steering Wheel? [PHOTO] / Which Honda Civic Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.