Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Nigeria Is Sinking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Sinking (1143 Views)

Tinubu, Nigeria Is Sinking And Streets Are Full Of Tears- Kperogi / Obi Is Sinking Very Bad In The North, The Waters Are Too Deep For Him / Debt Is Sinking The Economy - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Sinking by mekaboy(m): 2:04am On Dec 26, 2020
When a car engine is getting weak it becomes noisy and smoking. The more it is used without repair, the more noisy and smoking it becomes. Its only a matter or time before the engine stops turning.

Other countries, when they notice early signs of a faulty system, they either repair or replace.

Such can be seens in America, regarding trade deals with China etc.

The UK could not repair the faults they had with their relationship with the EU, hence the need to replace the entire system( BREXIT).

All these countries do this repair/replacement with a common goal . This is to have a better performing country, moving forward to a better destination.

Unfortunately for Nigeria, all the signs of a faulty engine and Visible and audible . Yet the leadership insists on driving without repair or replacement of the worn out parts.

These signs manifest in insecurity, poverty, unemployment, economy downturn etc. Yet the leadership has refused to even open the bonnet to see what can be done about the noise and smoke in the engine( RESTRUCTURE).

They rather want to manage and drive by borrowing and investing in terrorism in the name of ransom payment .

Does anyone need a prophet to tell what the future if Nigeria will be?
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by chozzy: 3:52am On Dec 26, 2020
Terribly sad
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by 400billionman: 4:59am On Dec 26, 2020
You see as Davido enter private jet travel.

That's the highest Bleep I will give Nigeria in 2021.

Africans just have a leadership problem. I think the responsibilities that come with leadership are just too big for Africans to handle.

Is it only investing in terrorists ? They built a failed project in Lagos Ibadan rail. After launching, the intended customers cannot afford the transport fare.

The next is to Niger republic. Like a business man will just wake up and invest billions of dollars on a project with no FEASIBILITY STUDY.

Chai.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by leomarz007: 6:50am On Dec 26, 2020
mekaboy:

op change that narrative to Nigeria has sunk.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by AdaugoChisom(f): 6:56am On Dec 26, 2020
Let it sink since the masters from the far side don't care.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by Mayng01(m): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2020
Poor unfortunate leadership has turned the state into poor unfortunate country.
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by mekaboy(m): 12:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
Repeating same thing and expecting the same result is madness. We are unwilling to change the system because it benefits the oppressors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by pansophist(m): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2020
The Northern political elite knows that the day Nigeria restructure, will be the beginning of their doom. With all the national revenues that the North controls, their region is still the most infested with boko haram, herdsmen, childs marriage, poverty, almajiris, illiteracy, and so on. Restructuring to them seems like jumping from fry pan to fire. The north is a parasite that needs a host, and that host is other regions.

Restructuring will also facilitate the need for Nigeria's disintegration, because if state governors control the forces, education, and every other aspects of their economy, then it becomes easier for Nigeria to break up. The parasitic north will not let that happen. If Nigerians do nothing and fight back, the system will implode in itself, only that it may take time.

Nigerian Embassy are vacating foreign country rapidly, i know for sure about serbia that has an embassy two years ago, but the government is too broke to meet its financial obligations, same with Nigerian Embassy in Hungary that can't pay rent. Even at that, it is borrowing foreign loan with no hope of paying back, and will still borrow more.

With the naira value on a free fall, lack of economical diversification, dwindling oil revenue, a tsunami of unemployed broke youth with nothing to loose, population explosion and divide within the populace, it's not rocket science that it is not a question of "if", but "when" thr great reset will happen, and I hope it is not bloody. I hope.

If the Northern leaders have any sense, they would have developed their region to be strong in case of an imminent breakup, giving the fact that the North is landlocked, but no, they choose to practice their backward feudalism in the 21st century, where few are wealthy and the rest of populace in abject poverty.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by angelfallz(m): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2020
pansophist:
The Northern political elite knows that the day Nigeria restructure, will be the beginning of their doom. With all the national revenues that the North controls, their region is still the most infested with boko haram, herdsmen, childs marriage, poverty, almajiris, illiteracy, and so on. Restructuring to them seems like jumping from fry pan to fire. The north is a parasite that needs a host, and that host is other regions.

Restructuring will also facilitate the need for Nigeria's disintegration, because if state governors control the forces, education, and every other aspects of their economy, then it becomes easier for Nigeria to break up. The parasitic north will not let that happen. If Nigerians do nothing and fight back, the system will implode in itself, only that it may take time.

Nigerian Embassy are vacating foreign country rapidly, i know for sure about serbia that has an embassy two years ago, but the government is too broke to meet its financial obligations, same with Nigerian Embassy in Hungary that can't pay rent. Even at that, it is borrowing foreign loan with no hope of paying back, and will still borrow more.

With the naira value on a free fall, lack of economical diversification, dwindling oil revenue, a tsunami of unemployed broke youth with nothing to loose, population explosion and divide within the populace, it's not rocket science that it is not a question of "if", but "when" thr great reset will happen, and I hope it is not bloody. I hope.

If the Northern leaders have any sense, they would have developed their region to be strong in case of an imminent breakup, giving the fact that the North is landlocked, but no, they choose to practice their backward feudalism in the 21st century, where few are wealthy and the rest of populace in abject poverty.

I am against Nigeria breaking up. I don't want it to happen and I hope it won't happen.
Nigeria breaking up would diminish us a great deal. The most powerful countries in the world have 2 constants that are non negotiable; population size and land mass. Nigeria has always had both.

You've laid the blame for the refusal of the restructuring of the country at the feet of the northern elites. I disagree. Without the cooperation of their counterparts in the south it would have been impossible to resist attempts to restructure.

Remember, restructuring only became a hot topic around 2016 or 2017 I'm not sure.
The APC party in 2015 promised true federalism (which could be seen as restructuring) but they've renegaged on that promise.
Tinubu and co got into power and saw that the current system benefits them, so, "who true federalism help?"

Have you lived in the North?
Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by pansophist(m): 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
angelfallz:

I am against Nigeria breaking up. I don't want it to happen and I hope it won't happen.
Nigeria breaking up would diminish us a great deal. The most powerful countries in the world have 2 constants that are non negotiable; population size and land mass. Nigeria has always had both.

You've laid the blame for the refusal of the restructuring of the country at the feet of the northern elites. I disagree. Without the cooperation of their counterparts in the south it would have been impossible to resist attempts to restructure.

Remember, restructuring only became a hot topic around 2016 or 2017 I'm not sure.
The APC party in 2015 promised true federalism (which could be seen as restructuring) but they've renegaged on that promise.
Tinubu and co got into power and saw that the current system benefits them, so, "who true federalism help?"

Have you lived in the North?

I'm against Nigeria's breakup also. But the country is not ruled well, and I see how other regions are marginalised by few, this is not sustainable. If true federalism is practiced and the idea of "one Nigeria" practiced in its truest sense, I see no reason why anyone would want the county to disintegrate.

As a business man, I like the fact that i operate on a country with a population of over 200 million people, largest economy in the continent vibrant population, access to the sea and many more, but my need to make money is below my need for true federalism. Right now, at least 81 of 100 top political post are head by northerners, and only from Abuja can decision comes that will affect the most remotest village in all part of the country. What kind of fcked up political is that?

And no, I've been to, but not lived in the North before.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by seguno2: 4:16am On Dec 27, 2020
Mayng01:
Poor unfortunate leadership has turned the state into poor unfortunate country.

If the leadership is not imported, but from among the masses, please how then is the leadership different from the masses/people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by Aconomist: 4:39am On Dec 27, 2020
pansophist:

Who cares about being a so-called "great and powerful" country on the international stage? Wouldn't you rather have clean water, 24/7 electricity and security? Multi-ethnic countries do not work. Nigeria must be broken into its component parts so we can join the ranks of Rwanda, Ghana, and Botwana in having a livable country. No diversity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by mekaboy(m): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2020
I think in a restructured or regional system, the people who reside in the region will have to create their own constitution. This will cover the salary structure of political office holders etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2020
seguno2:

If the leadership is not imported, but from among the masses, please how then is the leadership different from the masses/people

God will bless you ojare. I am not one of those who hold the view that leadership is Nigeria's problem because I have seen enough from ordinary Nigerians to know that view is extremely ignorant and simplistic.

In fact I think most Nigerians are worse than the leaders they complain about and will do far more damage if suddenly pushed into leadership positions today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by FarahAideed: 9:18am On Dec 27, 2020
Buhari has already sank it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by TooMuchStuff: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2020
Nigeria has sank already...! Still sunk.

Complete Failed State with strong Somalia and Afghanistan status. If not worse...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Sinking by Houseofglam7(f): 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
We do updated news here bro.
We don't dwell in the past undecided

The social club called Nigeria sunk aeons ago.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Celebration In Enugu As Father Mbaka Was Reportedly Released (video) / Here's What You Need To Know About A DOT Pics / DSS Opens Fire @ Saudi Arabia Recruitment Centre, several Doctors injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.