Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History (2829 Views)

Shane Long Scores Fastest Ever Goal In Premier League History (Photos) / The Toughest Players Ever In The English Premier League History / Benjamin Pavard's Goal Voted As The Best Of The 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2020
Krasid:
He came at 22, spent 9 seasons; that means he played in the EPL age 22-30. Let me rephrase it, he came played in the EPL. Meanwhile Ronaldo left the EPL at 23 after winning everything there is to win there.
That means, at age when Henry was trying to get a stronghold in the EPL, Ronaldo already dominated and left.
Don't streamline your argument to their age. Coming at 22 means nothing.... Who was he then? He came in as a naive and inexperience player too. He took sometime before he was able to adapt which is normal for a player coming in from a different league and playing in an unfamiliar position at the time. That means he would have achieved same if he was signed at 18 just like Ronaldo.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Krasid(m): 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
OJEEMAH:
how many season did he play more than Ronaldo? As a matter of fact, he didn't even play in his final season with arsenal. I agree that CR7 was a winger. He won European Golden Boot twice and was nominated for FIFA awards consecutively but eventually lost to Ronaldinho & Zidane. Ronaldo individual achievements in not in doubt or arguable but in the PL, he wasn't a better player than Henry that's my point.
I could say the same about Henry not being a better player in the EPL than Ronaldo, and we would be going back and forth listing each player's achievements. But the topic was about best signing in EPL history, which unequivocally should be Ronaldo. He signed as a teenager, dominated the EPL with united winning three consecutive titles as well as every possible title there was to win for United, became the best player in the world, was sold for a then world record £80m after 6 seasons when he was signed for just £12m all at a young age. This shouldn't be up for discussion.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Krasid(m): 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2020
OJEEMAH:
Don't streamline your argument to their age. Coming at 22 means nothing.... Who was he then? He came in as a naive and inexperience player too. He took sometime before he was able to adapt which is normal for a player coming in from a different league and playing in an unfamiliar position at the time. That means he would have achieved same if he was signed at 18 just like Ronaldo.
Age does matter in these type of arguments. CR7 dominating a strong league as a young player is something that can only be done by generational talents like his namesake R9 who dominated Serie A in his teens or Messi who dominated la liga at a young age. Players sometimes needs time to gather experience before becoming exceptional in a league. Salah for example wasn't exceptional in his first stint in the EPL, but look at him now. Likewise De bruyne wasn't exceptional at Chelsea but is now dominating the EPL. Hence, why a player is considered in his prime aged 25-29; because he would be more experienced than a young player. But a teenage dominating a league is something exceptional.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
Krasid:
I could say the same about Henry not being a better player in the EPL than Ronaldo, and we would be going back and forth listing each player's achievements. But the topic was about best signing in EPL history, which unequivocally should be Ronaldo. He signed as a teenager, dominated the EPL with united winning three consecutive titles as well as every possible title there was to win for United, became the best player in the world, was sold for a then world record £80m after 6 seasons when he was signed for just £12m all at a young age. This shouldn't be up for discussion.
Streamline you argument to the Premier League. How can you say, he dominated PL with just one golden boot and 2 PFA Awards Compare Henry's 4 Golden Boot & 2 PFA awards. You are using his overall achievement to judge the both players Which isn't the bone of contention here. Leave age out of it cos we also forget he is older when comparing to Messi.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2020
Krasid:
Age does matter in these type of arguments. CR7 dominating a strong league as a young player is something that can only be done by generational talents like his namesake R9 who dominated Serie A in his teens or Messi who dominated la liga at a young age. Players sometimes needs time to gather experience before becoming exceptional in a league. Salah for example wasn't exceptional in his first stint in the EPL, but look at him now. Likewise De bruyne wasn't exceptional at Chelsea but is now dominating the EPL. Hence, why a player is considered in his prime aged 25-29; because he would be more experienced than a young player. But a teenage dominating a league is something exceptional.
That's why I said, consider the fact that Henry was also young and needed time but you drew an illustration that at the age, Henry was finding his feet, Ronaldo was done conquering EPL.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Krasid(m): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
OJEEMAH:
Streamline you argument to the Premier League. How can you say, he dominated PL with just one golden boot and 2 PFA Awards Compare Henry's 4 Golden Boot & 2 PFA awards. You are using his overall achievement to judge the both players Which isn't the bone of contention here. Leave age out of it cos we also forget he is older when comparing to Messi.
Winning 3 consecutive EPL titles for United, winning 7 out of a possible 8 English awards, reaching back to back UCL finals while topscoring and winning one, setting a record of most goals in a single EPL season that was only broken two seasons ago, being the last player playing for an EPL team to win a ballon d'or isn't dominating the EPL? All you have been yapping about all day is just golden boot and PFA awards; or you think the EPL only starts and ends with PFA award and golden boot. All I have mentioned since I started the discussion was Ronaldo's achievements whilst playing in the EPL. If you have nothing to support your case, take your L and stop being a fanatic.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Krasid(m): 6:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
OJEEMAH:
That's why I said, consider the fact that Henry was also young and needed time but you drew an illustration that at the age, Henry was finding his feet, Ronaldo was done conquering EPL.
Lies. Henry was already a world cup winner, played in two of europe's top 5 leagues. He already had some experience.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2020
Krasid:
Lies. Henry was already a world cup winner, played in two of europe's top 5 leagues. He already had some experience.
world cup winner with how many appearances?? He obviously had potential and talent but was not a regular at Monaco neither was he a starter at juve. Wenger was the only coach that trusted in his abilities to make him a regular and that was at arsenal at the age of 22.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
Krasid:
Winning 3 consecutive EPL titles for United, winning 7 out of a possible 8 English awards, reaching back to back UCL finals while topscoring and winning one, setting a record of most goals in a single EPL season that was only broken two seasons ago, being the last player playing for an EPL team to win a ballon d'or isn't dominating the EPL? All you have been yapping about all day is just golden boot and PFA awards; or you think the EPL only starts and ends with PFA award and golden boot. All I have mentioned since I started the discussion was Ronaldo's achievements whilst playing in the EPL. If you have nothing to support your case, take your L and stop being a fanatic.
You have only succeeded in mentioning Ronaldo's overall achievements. They said best transfer in PL history so get rid of anything that is not related to PL. I have supported my case with Henry's PL achievements not the World Cup, euro or Confederations cup he won. I said streamline you argument to his achievements in PL, you dey add UEFA competition and awards. You think I would even raise a point, if they had said the best player to ever play in England. You should not have quoted me if you didn't understand my point from the very beginning.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Krasid(m): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
OJEEMAH:
You have only succeeded in mentioning Ronaldo's overall achievements. They said best transfer in PL history so get rid of anything that is not related to PL. I have supported my case with Henry's PL achievements not the World Cup, euro or Confederations cup he won. I said streamline you argument to his achievements in PL, you dey add UEFA competition and awards. You think I would even raise a point, if they had said the best player to ever play in England. You should not have quoted me if you didn't understand my point from the very beginning.
Stop acting slow. The criteria as being the best transfer in EPL history encompasses all a player achieved while playing for an EPL team including performances in Europe. Doesn't EPL teams play in UEFA competitions? Read the damn article and don't just air dense opinions. A line in the article says "during his 6 seasons at old trafford he won 8 major trophies including 3 EPL and the champions league". Read!

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
Krasid:
Stop acting slow. The criteria as being the best transfer in EPL history encompasses all a player achieved while playing for an EPL team including performances in Europe. Doesn't EPL teams play in UEFA competitions? Read the damn article and don't just air dense opinions. A line in the article says "during his 6 seasons at old trafford he won 8 major trophies including 3 EPL and the champions league". Read!
You sound bitter & saucy. If you don't like my opinion, you can pass....stop taking things too personal. I'm not a dummy. We can't always be on the same page. The attachment below shows that, it should have been about the PL cos the writer state it that, many would argue henry made more impact in the PL than Ronaldo and that's why I refused to acknowledge Ronaldo as the best transfer of PL history. If they consider all round achievements like you said, Lampard would have been ahead of Henry too cos Henry didn't win the CL in England and Lampard scored more PL goals than him even though he never won the golden boot. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12172596/cristiano-ronaldo-is-best-premier-league-transfer-say-sky-sports-news-transfer-show-team

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Ofunwa111: 11:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
OJEEMAH:

It is okay to prefer Henry, it is also accepted when you voice your opinion but please do not let the dislike you have for CR7, make you close your eyes to the truth. The football CR7 played at Manchester United, EPL has never experienced such individual performance by a player. CR7 dominated the league which reflected in world football ( EPL, UCL), Henry never did! It's the main reason CR7 was chosen.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
Una get time shaa to educate someone that hatred has clouded his judgment.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 11:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
Ofunwa111:

It is okay to prefer Henry, it is also accepted when you voice your opinion but please do not let the dislike you have for CR7, make you close your eyes to the truth. The football CR7 played at Manchester United, EPL has never experienced such individual performance by a player. CR7 dominated the league which reflected in world football ( EPL, UCL), Henry never did! It's the main reason CR7 was chosen.
Ronaldo would be my pick any day, anytime & anywhere. I am going by their impact in PL not their overall achievements. I will still say it, CR7 didn't dominate EPL. He scored just 84 League goals in 196 appearances. He won balon dor cos of his exploit in the Champions League and premier league that season and that was the only season he won top scorer in EPL. So how did he dominate PL?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Ofunwa111: 11:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
OJEEMAH:
Ronaldo would be my pick any day, anytime & anywhere. I am going by their impact in PL not their overall achievements. I will still say it, CR7 didn't dominate EPL. He scored just 84 League goals in 196 appearances. He won balon dor cos of his exploit in the Champions League and premier league that season and that was the only season he won top scorer in EPL. So how did he dominate PL?

EPL best player
PFA best player
FWA best player
Ucl best player
Uefa best player in Europe
EPL golden boot
Ucl golden boot
FIFA best player
European best player
European golden boot
EPL trophy
Ucl trophy

All in 1 season, then imagine if he had stayed 3 more seasons.....

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Ofunwa111: 11:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
OJEEMAH:

Maybe because we were shouting "Igwe" in Nigeria, you probably thought it was the same in other countries... CR7's dominance in the EPL made his name echo worldwide. lol

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 11:56pm On Dec 26, 2020
Ofunwa111:

EPL best player
PFA best player
FWA best player
Ucl best player
Uefa best player in Europe
EPL golden boot
Ucl golden boot
FIFA best player
European best player
European golden boot
EPL trophy
Ucl trophy

All in 1 season, then imagine if he had stayed 3 more seasons.....
The argument should be based on just PL performance and achievements. Of course, I know Ronaldo is a better player but Henry had more impact in the PL and this award is limited to PL history not UCL. It's not like I said Henry was better than Ronaldo in terms of overall achievements. I was speaking based on what they both achieved in PL not all round.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 12:05am On Dec 27, 2020
Ofunwa111:

Maybe because we were shouting "Igwe" in Nigeria, you probably thought it was the same in other countries... CR7's dominance in the EPL made his name echo worldwide. lol
funny but far from that.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by obonujoker(m): 9:27am On Dec 27, 2020
Lol... This guy is still arguing...

Tell us what Henry won for Arsenal that Ronaldo didn't win for Man Utd, and I will tell you what Ronaldo won for Man Utd that Henry didn't win for Arsenal....

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Jokerman(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2020
Henry didn't play at Arsenal what Ronaldo played for Man Utd

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 11:51am On Dec 27, 2020
Jokerman:
Henry didn't play at Arsenal what Ronaldo played for Man Utd

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Ofunwa111: 11:59am On Dec 27, 2020
[quote author=OJEEMAH post=97466017][/quote]

You still choose to act like you do not understand CR7's impact, so I will leave you to your opinion which is not a fact! Henry might have played many seasons and had more goals, but 3 seasons of CR7 was better, highly impactful, more important and most recognized worldwide.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ofunwa111:

You still choose to act like you do not understand CR7's impact, so I will leave you to your opinion which is not a fact! Henry might have played many seasons and had more goals, but 3 seasons of CR7 was better, highly impactful, more important and most recognized worldwide.
I have said it time and time again that, CR7 impact is not and can never be in doubt. This is a Premier League Award and it should be given based on PL performances. You can't give a Premier League Award based on UCL performances. I am not in anyway comparing CR7 & Henry. Generally, Ronaldo is a better player and everybody knows that....but my argument is simple that Henry had more impact in the Premier League. I mean just the "Premier League" that's why I attached the screenshot from Skysports.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Ofunwa111: 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2020
OJEEMAH:
I have said it time and time again that, CR7 impact is not and can never be in doubt. This is a Premier League Award and it should be given based on PL performances. You can't give a Premier League Award based on UCL performances. I am not in anyway comparing CR7 & Henry. Generally, Ronaldo is a better player and everybody knows that....but my argument is simple that Henry had more impact in the Premier League. I mean just the "Premier League" that's why I attached the screenshot from Skysports.

So why was Henry not chosen ?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Ofunwa111: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
OJEEMAH:

Henry won 2 Premier leagues, CR7 won 3... so ?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Krasid(m): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ofunwa111:

So why was Henry not chosen ?
Leave him. He is more knowledgeable than the Skysports' transfer show panel to chose Ronaldo over Henry.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Krasid(m): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ofunwa111:

2 premier league in 8 seasons, meanwhile CR7 won 3 consecutive in 6 seasons which is half the amount in his time there.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by OJEEMAH(m): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
Ofunwa111:

4 golden boots, 2 PFA & 175 EPL Goals in 258 Appearances. Ronaldo won just one golden boot and scored 84 goals in 196 Appearances.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Beverlyjean(f): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
paulolee:
a case can be made for Henry because his epl goal tally above cr7 and their invisible record and also for sallah because of what he achieved in Liverpool winning UCL and EPL after 30 years..
but I think cr7 deserves that award because he was bought for just €15m and sold for €80 million meaning he paid his dues in gold going by the trophies he won and also winning the balloon d or as an EPL player after a long while...
cr7 did more than man.u and EPL expected...

Its certain that u masturbate on Ronaldo's pics ... ronaldo won more titles that Henry...Henry had only 2 league titles and 2 fa cups i think... cr7 the only player to hv won bakin dor in the premiership ...3 premiership titles, broke the record of 42 goals a season and 31 in the premiership, won CL , fifa World club cup, fa cups , carling cup...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Beverlyjean(f): 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
OJEEMAH:
Did you take these factors into consideration when attacked me? I challenge you to paste his achievements........Atleast, we are going to learn new things.

They said best transfer not highest goals...how many goals did Cantona score?? But nistelrooy dint mk the list...whenever u guys see Ronaldo winning awards , bitterness beclouds ur senses
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by Beverlyjean(f): 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2020
OJEEMAH:
world cup winner with how many appearances?? He obviously had potential and talent but was not a regular at Monaco neither was he a starter at juve. Wenger was the only coach that trusted in his abilities to make him a regular and that was at arsenal at the age of 22.

Do u know Henry was top scorer for France in 98 ...he played every single game
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Voted As The Best Transfer In Premier League History by paulolee(m): 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Its certain that u masturbate on Ronaldo's pics ... ronaldo won more titles that Henry...Henry had only 2 league titles and 2 fa cups i think... cr7 the only player to hv won bakin dor in the premiership ...3 premiership titles, broke the record of 42 goals a season and 31 in the premiership, won CL , fifa World club cup, fa cups , carling cup...
this moniker always dragging me...u forgetting d fact dt henry arsenal won d league unbeated which is still a standing record..
henry scored more than cr7 in total epl goals..
henry won more player of the month awards and player of the year awards than cr7
henry won more caps than cr7 and the award is meant for EPL best transfer and not Europe best transfer because u are also mentioning balloon d or award..
am not picking sides n I said cr7 deserves it but henry also have a case in winning that but am sitting on d fence on this one...enjoy d week

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 World Cup Live On Startimes / Make ₦240,100 In 5days With ₦2,450 / 15 Under 17 Players Decamped For Failing Mri Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.