Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Is There Hope For My Dad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Hope For My Dad? (497 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There Hope For My Dad? by Bobbiet(m): 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
Hello nairaland.

I am in need of advice and reference as how best to go about my dad's issue.

My dad happened to be a federal staff working in Abuja until 2002 when everything came crashing.

He was a level 10 officer working with the then FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING and was transferred to Nasarawa state. He left us (his family) in the staff quarters then in Abuja and do visit by weekends.

(The main issue)

He stood surety for someone and the person absconded. On his visit on one of the weekends, he was arrested and in police custody for about 3 months (2001- 2002). During the period in custody, he wasn't able to contact his office even through the police (sent several letters through the police but never knew if it was delivered).

This was the period FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS AND HOUSING was split into MINISTRY OF WORKS and MINISTRY OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT.

The surety case was charged to court and my dad was granted bail and on getting to his office, he got the new development but was posted to neither ministry. This was the beginning of my dad's frustration- he lost everything. Even the little savings he had was used on tracing and sorting of documents all to no avail. It was during the predicament that ministries started selling staff quarters to occupants and since he was unable to purchase, he was ejected and moved to the village where he is currently (2012 till date).

His health has gone worst and he is completely helpless
(partial stroke)...

Now, he said someone wants to help him with his case at work for his gratuity and pension to be restored (there was no letter of termination of appointment) but would need funds to sort out documents ( over 18years).

Please!... Is this possible?

Any advice on how to go about this issue?

Note, he was suppose to retire 2013.
Re: Is There Hope For My Dad? by blackboy(m): 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2020
Contact Human Rights Radio in Abuja . Brekete Family for assistance.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Hope For My Dad? by mardis: 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
blackboy:
Contact Human Rights Radio in Abuja . Brekete Family for assistance.

Yes OP contact Berekete family, ordinary Ahmed Isah, they are very good at solving this kind of problem as long as all your dad's documents are intact.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

When You Are Leaving Nigeria, What Item Would You Take To Remember Nigeria / Surrogate Mother: Can You Help Your Sister Out? / Get Free 2,500,000 $ZETBNB Airdrop Tokens Now! Ends Soon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.