Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential (5080 Views)

Members Beat Pastor James Mugo After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16,000 To Unlock 2022 / You Need To Read This – See How Fasting And Prayer Can Change Your Love Life. / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:32am On Jan 29, 2021
Day 34:

Something great is about to happen!

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:44am On Jan 30, 2021
Day 35:

Wow!

I have tasted and known that fasting unlocks someone's spiritual potential. The difference is really glaring.

Thank you Father for this awesome revelation!
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by sholay2011(m): 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Day 35:

Wow!

I have tasted and known that fasting unlocks someone's spiritual potential. The difference is really glaring.

Thank you Father for this awesome revelation!
Thank you God. Day #20 here as well! Ending mine tomorrow. The Lord is indeed our strength and song. By strength shall no man prevail, but He has made His strength perfect in our weaknesses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
sholay2011:

Thank you God. Day #20 here as well! Ending mine tomorrow. The Lord is indeed our strength and song. By strength shall no man prevail, but He has made His strength perfect in our weaknesses.
Congrats bro!

Really inspiring to see that you were finally able to complete the task that God gave to you in spite of the discouragements you faced along the way.

Thank God for giving you the strength you needed for this purpose.

Thanks for sharing your experience and journey through the period of the fast here with us.

May God bless you and perform the things He said concerning you. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by sholay2011(m): 11:37pm On Jan 30, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Congrats bro!

Really inspiring to see that you were finally able to complete the task that God gave to you in spite of the discouragements you faced along the way.

Thank God for giving you the strength you needed for this purpose.

Thanks for sharing your experience and journey through the period of the fast here with us.

May God bless you and perform the things He said concerning you. Amen.
Thank you brother and thanks for this thread. I also watched YouTube videos of people talking about their fasting experience at nights when I was struggling to find sleep and that also encouraged me. I just got back from the grocery store and stocked my fridge. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:59am On Jan 31, 2021
sholay2011:

Thank you brother and thanks for this thread. I also watched YouTube videos of people talking about their fasting experience at nights when I was struggling to find sleep and that also encouraged me. I just got back from the grocery store and stocked my fridge. grin grin
Lol!

I celebrate with you bro on your victory! Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:07am On Jan 31, 2021
Day 36:

Habakkuk 2:3 (KJV)

For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by sholay2011(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2021
#Day 21! ALL I WILL SAY IS GLORY TO GOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by sholay2011(m): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Lol!

I celebrate with you bro on your victory! Cheers!
smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:57am On Feb 01, 2021
sholay2011:
#Day 21! ALL I WILL SAY IS GLORY TO GOD.
Yes oh!

To Him be all the glory!

He proved that it's not by might nor by power but by His Spirit!

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Day 37:

4 days to go.

Glory to God!

Been an amazing experience thus far!
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:36am On Feb 02, 2021
Day 38:

3 days left.

What more can I say but "Thank You Lord"!
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by God2man2again(m): 9:07am On Feb 02, 2021
Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy into the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Great thread!

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2021
God2man2again:
Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy into the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Great thread!

Thanks bro. God bless you.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2021
Day 39:

2 days left.

Thank God for everything He's done during the period of this fast.

Lives have been transformed!

To Him be the all glory.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:53am On Feb 04, 2021
Day 40:

Thank you Father for Your Strength which saw me through this fast to the final day.

I'm also grateful for all the things You've done during the course of this fast. Thank you Father for proving Your Word true on this thread. May it continue to serve your purpose even beyond this very day. In Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:21am On Feb 05, 2021
As I mentioned earlier on this thread, there was something i'd been asking God for a long time. Why can't I use the power upon me for works? Was couldn't it have an affect on those around me but just me?

Jesus told me I think about 2 years ago while I was here in NL that He had given me authority over demons. Yet when I try to use the authority He told me about to cast out demons, na so demon go dey look me like say I dey speak in an unknown tongue?

That was the situation until I began this fast which started on the same day I posted this thread about fasting, which itself was inspired by a revelation I received after fasting dry for 3 full days.

I knew the thread wasn't just meant for others but also applied to me, as I needed my spiritual potential to be unlocked, and I had also been told that my time had come.

It was during the course of this fast that the authority Jesus told me I had over demons which I couldn't utilize was unlocked, as a demon that has been causing a nairalander I met late last year to be depressed and having suicidal thoughts, was cast out.

This is someone I had never met in person, but just communicate on phone and via email.

That's a testament to what this topic was all about and how practical it is. It really works!

At least 2 souls have been saved since I commenced on this fast. When I say 2 souls, I don't mean 2 imaginary souls but 2 real souls whose names have been written in the book of life, and that's just the ones I know about. God was thanking for bringing one of them back to Him, and I was speechless because it was God who brought them back to Himself, but I was just a willing vessel which enabled Him to do that which He alone could do.

Thank God for all those that have been inspired by this thread thus far. May God continue to strengthen you and give you the grace to become everything He deserves for you to be.

This is only the beginning. What God is up to, eyes have not seen, and ears haven't heard. It's going to be something beyond what people could imagine possible.

Ensure that you aren't just a spectator but a part and parcel of the final move of God on the Earth.

God bless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:12am On Feb 06, 2021
I knew the devil was not going to go down without a fight, hence I told the delivered Nlander to be very watchful. And as the devil couldn't touch her, he tried to get to someone close to her. He tried to kill her younger bro who was the dearest person to her, but thank God he couldn't succeed!

The young man is still alive and is going to be alive for a long time if Christ tarries.

That's why I always endeavor to pray for such people's families or loved ones because I know how the devil works. If he can't get to them he'd try to get to someone close to them to get back at them.

So his move had been anticipated hence countered before he could do any real damage. Glory to God!

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:12pm On Feb 06, 2021
Moses desired to see the glory of God but God told him that no man could see His face and live so He was only going to show Moses His back. Exodus 33:12-23.

But even to see the back parts of God, Moses had to fast for forty days and forty nights dry that is without taking food or water. But at the time Moses was through and had seen God's back parts, his face glowed with the glory of God that the people were afraid of looking at him.

Exodus 34:28-30 (KJV)

And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

I can't imagine what it would have been like for the people to be afraid to come close to him, that he had to put a veil over his face before he could talk to them. It must have been something else.

God bless.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
I have been blessed with an abundance of revelations and divinely inspired ideas. For instance, I have hundreds of pending topics for Nairaland. I simply can't meet up because they are overflowing beyond measure, but something I noticed during the course of this fast was that, even that appeared to have doubled if not more.

One midnight while I was praying, I think I got ideas for six new topics to write on which was unusual even at the level of which I received such during prayers, for it was usually one or two but that night I counted six. So even that which I thought was already in abundance abundantly increased during the course of my fast.

Prayer is good but prayer and fasting is better as whatever you achieved with prayer alone, you could achieved even much more with prayer and fasting.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2021
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by BRATISLAVA: 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr1:
Day 30:

The spiritual potential of many including mine are being unlocked.

Glory be to God.

How do you know this?
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by BRATISLAVA: 8:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Day 39:

2 days left.

Thank God for everything He's done during the period of this fast.

Lives have been transformed!

To Him be the all glory.

Whose lives? I'm not feeling the effect of your words.

You said this thread belonged to the Spirit that told you to write it. Then why not?
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Whose lives? I'm not feeling the effect of your words.

You said this thread belonged to the Spirit that told you to write it. Then why not?
The problem could be with you. It was this same thread that someone saw that made her cry out to God.

Someone else was inspired to continue and finish his 21-day water-fasting.

So perhaps you need to have the same heart or attitude to feel or experience what they did.

God bless.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

How do you know this?
I believe you had seen the testimony of the demon casted out of an Nlander who was suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts?

I had the spiritual potential to do that but couldn't before now. So that potential was unlocked after I fasted.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by BRATISLAVA: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The problem could be with you. It was this same thread that someone saw that made her cry out to God.

Someone else was inspired to continue and finish his 21-day water-fasting.

So perhaps you need to have the same heart or attitude to feel or experience what they did.

God bless.

If you think the problem is from me, why don't you pray about that for me?

Or is this a Spirit thread for two people only? I didn't know Christians could be selfish.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

If you think the problem is from me, why don't you pray about that for me?

Or is this a Spirit thread for two people only?
You have to learn to try and be humble when asking for something from someone. That's very important when it comes to God. You cannot come to God and still be carrying your shoulder up before Him. He wouldn't even give you any ears.

So you can start from there if you really need something from Him.

I am just a vessel and I'm willing to play my part and help but you have to be help-able.

God bless.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by BRATISLAVA: 5:59am On Mar 08, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You have to learn to try and be humble when asking for something from someone. That's very important when it comes to God. You cannot come to God and still be carrying your shoulder up before Him. He wouldn't even give you any ears.

So you can start from there if you really need something from Him.

I am just a vessel and I'm willing to play my part and help but you have to be help-able.

God bless.

Who told you that? You're being judgemental. That's not fair.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:58am On Mar 08, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Who told you that? You're being judgemental. That's not fair.
Alright. I've heard you.

Pm me let me hear what you have to say.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by BRATISLAVA: 9:02am On Mar 08, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Alright. I've heard you.

Pm me let me hear what you have to say.

Just like that?

Rather, what did the holy Spirit tell you about me that makes you so fast to want to hear me? Did you enquire?
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Just like that?

Rather, what did the holy Spirit tell you about me that makes you so fast to want to hear me? Did you enquire?
Yeah.

Just like that if you're really serious.
Re: How Fasting Helps To Unlock Your Spiritual Potential by BRATISLAVA: 9:15am On Mar 08, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Yeah.

Just like that if you're really serious.

With all humility, I insist that you have an encounter about me from the Holy Spirit first. I am serious.

I have read enough preachy threads, but the people behind them were not able to help me.

I can't know, but God knows everything. So if He is really behind you, then you will know if I am serious and have an idea of what I want to say. You talked about unlocking your potential. Let it unlock something in me, if Jesus is really there for me.

Because that is the only reason I read every page of this thread, because you said it comes from Him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? / My Experience With Mermaid Spirit - Marine Powers / Easter 2023 : Happy Easter !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.