Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:24 PM

Jesus Picture: How Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Picture: How Real (849 Views)

Palestinian Christians: Christians Who Lived With Jesus (picture&video) / A Tattoo Of Jesus' Picture On One's Skin ; A Sin Or Not??? / Opinion: Brothers Of Jesus (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 27, 2020
I see people hang pictures on the walls of their homes and they call it Jesus.

Some say that is not Jesus' picture. They say it's the picture of the man that acted "the passion of Christ" or something.

But I have been thinking.

Were there no pictures of Jesus before the release of the passion of Christ? What picture did the Roman Catholic use as Jesus portrait then?

How possible is it that artists of Jesus' time didn't take advantage of the crowd that uses to follow Jesus to make a portrait of him?

At least in Jesus' time's art was so developed that Ceaser's portrait was cast on a coin.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by majamajic(m): 8:03am On Dec 27, 2020
That's Jesus
So in the next 1000 yrs , people can still draw buhari and people will still recognize him

1 Like

Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by DropsMic(m): 8:12am On Dec 27, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

Some say that is not Jesus' picture. They say it's the picture of the man that acted "the passion of Christ" or something.

Were there no pictures of Jesus before the release of the passion of Christ? What picture did the Roman Catholic use as Jesus portrait then?

How possible is it that artists of Jesus' time didn't take advantage of the crowd that uses to follow Jesus to make a portrait of him?

At least in Jesus' time's art was so developed that Ceaser's portrait was cast on a coin.

You are on the right track..

The pursuit of truth can only begin once you start to question and analyze every belief that you've ever held dear....
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by donbachi(m): 8:19am On Dec 27, 2020
Picture or not..he is the way,truth and the life.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nanaborga(m): 8:27am On Dec 27, 2020
My understanding was that only a few honored JESUS and knew who he truly was while on earth ,not all GOD followers believe in CHRIST then , that was more reason arts were not done for him then , it was only after his death and resurrection the whole world and the Christian community realized he was the SAVIOR . I think that is GOD’s plan so he could fulfill his mission on earth without distraction.

Even Moses and many other servants of GOD that existed long before the arrival of CHRIST was honored and feared more than JESUS because not all knew JESUS was GOD and the savior of the World . Till today not all was convinced JESUS rose on the third day , because not all saw his body and he didn’t live among humans with his human physical body after resurrection.
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by AntiChristian: 8:30am On Dec 27, 2020
The picture is fake. All those hanging pictures/cross or worshiping them are idolaters.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 27, 2020
DropsMic:

You are on the right track.

The pursuit of truth can only begin once you start to question and analyze every belief that you've ever held dear....

What is the brain for if not for reasoning?
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2020
majamajic:
That's Jesus
So in the next 1000 yrs , people can still draw buhari and people will still recognize him

That is true.
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2020
Nanaborga:
My understanding was that only a few honored JESUS and knew who he truly was while on earth ,not all GOD followers believe in CHRIST then , that was more reason arts were not done for him then , it was only after his death and resurrection the whole world and the Christian community realized he was the SAVIOR . I think that is GOD’s plan so he could fulfill his mission on earth without distraction.

Even Moses and many other servants of GOD that existed long before the arrival of CHRIST was honored and feared more than JESUS because not all knew JESUS was GOD and the savior of the World . Till today not all was convinced JESUS rose on the third day , because not all saw his body and he didn’t live among humans with his human physical body after resurrection.

How do you know art wasn't drawn for Jesus as merchandise to his teeming followers?

Remember he fed 5000 people that wanted to make him king by force.

From your analogy, there was no family art portray in his time. How did the artist make money then?
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2020
AntiChristian:
The picture is fake. All those hanging pictures/cross or worshiping them are idolaters.

What makes the picture fake? Can you enlighten me?
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by AntiChristian: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

What makes the picture fake? Can you enlighten me?

There was no photography 2000 years ago. So which of the Jesus' pictures is the true representation of him?

Who took the picture?

How was it taken?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by PlayerMeji: 11:40am On Dec 27, 2020
Op, how old are you?
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by oteneaaron(m): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

Hey OP, happy holidays.

The "pictures" of Jesus Christ you see hanging all around you, with him having long strands of hair and beard is based on the images from the - Shroud of Turin -

For many years, many people were made to believe the Shroud of Turin was the actual shroud used during the burial of the messiah himself.

But through carbon dating, it was proven false.

No one really knows what Jesus looks like.

Do you even know that there is a school of thought that says Jesus was dark skinned??
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
oteneaaron:

Hey OP, happy holidays.

The "pictures" of Jesus Christ you see hanging all around you, with him having long strands of hair and beard is based on the images from the - Shroud of Turin -

For many years, many people were made to believe the Shroud of Turin was the actual shroud used during the burial of the messiah himself.

But through carbon dating, it was proven false.

No one knows what Jesus looks like.

Do you even know that there is a school of thought that says Jesus was dark-skinned??

What you are saying doesn't make sense. The shroud of turn is not a face. Its a trace and the technology to make a good face out of that trace wasn't available as of then.

Now look at this.
. Christ between Peter and Paul, 4th century

This image of Christ, dating to the 4th century, shows him between St. Peter and St. Paul. It was painted in the Catacomb of Sts. Marcellinus and Peter on the Via Labicana in Rome, located near a villa that used to belong to Emperor Constantine. Below the main figures of the painting—Jesus, Peter and Paul—we find Gorgonius, Peter, Marcellinus, and Tiburtius, four martys who had been buried in that catacomb, and are depicted as they point to the Lamb of God on his heavenly altar.

For more read

https://www.google.com/amp/s/aleteia.org/2018/10/10/the-six-oldest-images-of-jesus/amp
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
AntiChristian:

There was no photography 2000 years ago. So which of the Jesus' pictures is the true representation of him?

Who took the picture?

How was it taken?

Seriously? So there was no artist then? How was it possible that the money then had the image of the emperor?

Abeg shift from here.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by AntiChristian: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

Seriously? So there was no artist then? How was it possible that the money then had the image of the emperor?

Abeg shift from here.

Money is spent so there's more focus on it by the government of the day.

Which artist get Jesus time back then?

I don shift o since you no want reason am.
Keep using the idolatrous picture of Jesus available to you.
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2020
AntiChristian:

Money is spent so there's more focus on it by the government of the day.

Which artist get Jesus time back then?

I don shift o since you no want reason am.
Keep using the idolatrous picture of Jesus available to you.

Oya make we reason am.

Who do you know in Jesus time that artist draw?
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by AntiChristian: 6:46am On Dec 28, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

Oya make we reason am.

Who do you know in Jesus time that artist draw?

Apart from the engraving on those coins I don't know any. None of his disciples was able to draw him.
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Useless2020: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2020
Nanaborga:

apt
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Useless2020: 8:26am On Dec 28, 2020
[s]
AntiChristian:

Apart from the engraving on those coins I don't know any. None of his disciples was able to draw him.
[/s] go out of this section.
Go to your Islam section and slam your forehead there.
we don't need you here
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 28, 2020
AntiChristian:

Apart from the engraving on those coins, I don't know any. None of his disciples was able to draw him.

So you are saying the many artists that existed in that era only made the engraving of Ceaser on the coin?

No wealthy man had any painting. Do you know Egyptians had paintings during the Moses era? That is long before Jesus came. In your opinion, there was no advancement in artistry and sculpturing during that period.

Do you also know that the library existed long before Jesus' birth? And most things we're documented in pictures before the harmonization of language.
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by AntiChristian: 6:38am On Dec 29, 2020
soulpeppersoup:

So you are saying the many artists that existed in that era only made the engraving of Ceaser on the coin?

No wealthy man had any painting. Do you know Egyptians had paintings during the Moses era? That is long before Jesus came. In your opinion, there was no advancement in artistry and sculpturing during that period.

Do you also know that the library existed long before Jesus' birth? And most things we're documented in pictures before the harmonization of language.

Was it pictures or engravements/sculptures? I think the latter was common. If what you say is true why does majority of the pictures of Jesus have a white color? Are israelites pure white 2000 years ago?

The biblical Jesus was rejected by majority of the people and till today israelites are more Jewish and Muslims that Christians. So who drew Jesus' pictures? How can we ascertain this pictures?

And what are the pictures needed for if not idolatry?
Re: Jesus Picture: How Real by AntiChristian: 6:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Useless2020:
go out of this section.
Go to your Islam section and slam your forehead there.
we don't need you here

Jesus too slammed his head as we do too.

Your Lord is a headslammer too!

cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Most Dangerous Water In The Bible / October Is Pregnant! Pls Watch And Pray. / Surviving R. Kelly: Will The Church Embrace The Accused Singer Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.