Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. (1847 Views)

Please Advice, See What Palmcredit Loan App Did To Me / Black Friday: Woman 'tricked' Into Buying 11 Potatoes For $100 Instead Of Iphone / See What MTN Sent Me!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Adonis86(m): 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
I'm being scammed by mtn. I need a help from an expert in renewable energy.

This was a solar system sold to me by mtn last week with it's panel. Now, they want me to be paying them 7.3k every month for the next 4 years, otherwise it will stop functioning. I'm very confused right now. They didn't say this at first until I've paid them the initial 25k and installation made totaling around 30k. This means I'll be spending around 400k just to owe this thing according to them.

Please, someone familiar with this system should advice me on what to do, because I'm getting depressed about it. Funny enough, the system doesn't carry load except specified bulb, phone and laptop charger, and a very light TV.

Should I hack or resell it? I don't know if it's possible. Please someone should help me out.

Admin#Please, help me take it to the front page.

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by GogetterMD(m): 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
Unfortunately you're stuck with that piece of crap. Just cut your losses
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Abfinest007(m): 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
Help they see this and call you
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Taeewo(m): 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2020
You don enter two chance
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by endsarrrs(f): 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
Someone should help the op with info
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by MEGA4BILLION(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2020
Always make enquiries before making transaction,
It's an instalment you need to pay till you clear the actual price (buy off)of the solar system and it will be unlock for you.

My advice:

when you use the system for about 3years, lodge a complain that the system is weak. It will be replaced thus you have a new one by the time you pay them off on the fourth year.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Omihanifa: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2020
If you hack it, they will know in their office.

Why you no just use that your 30k buy generator instead of this yellow toy

8 Likes

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by shortgun(m): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
Terms and conditions bro...always read them before entering a transaction with any corporate business.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Kriss216: 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
Lol Count your losses and move on!

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Naughtysex: 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2020
You no ask us(make enquire) before you pay, na you and MthiefN problem be that
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by doggedfighter(f): 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
Dropping questions here should have come first before procurement.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by harizonal123(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2020
Adonis86:

This was a solar system sold to me by mtn last week with it's panel. Now, they want me to be paying them 7.3k every month for the next 4 years, otherwise it will stop functioning. I'm very confused right now. They didn't say this at first until I've paid them the initial 25k and installation made totaling around 30k. This means I'll be spending around 400k just to owe this thing according to them.

Please, someone familiar with this system should advice me on what to do, because I'm getting depressed about it. Funny enough, the system doesn't carry load except specified bulb, phone and laptop charger, and a very light TV.

Should I hack or resell it? I don't know if it's possible. Please someone should help me out.

Resell it if u can but don't hack it. If u can't sell it just use the 1month you have paid for and abandone it. 7k monthly is on the high side

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Aquilazng(m): 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2020
Stop loss
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Perfectsouth(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
Maybe you should return it to them and ask for a refund or half of your money and tell them you won't be able to pay them the installments..
Or better still, use am do giveaway back for mtn cos with 7.3k monthly,you are at big loss..
1kva solar cost around 120k - 170k depending on your specifications and he go carry TV, fan, charge your lappy and phone.. By the time you knack am extra battery, you are in for a cool ride..

But you self, didn't you make enquiries before buying?

TAOOMA AND CO DON PUT UNA FOR TROUBLE

7 Likes

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by joshboo(m): 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Maybe you should return it to them and ask for a refund or half of your money and tell them you won't be able to pay them the installments..
Or better still, use am do giveaway back for mtn cos with 7.3k monthly,you are at big loss..
1kva solar cost around 120k - 170k depending on your specifications and he go carry TV, fan, charge your lappy and phone.. By the time you knack am extra battery, you are in for a cool ride..

angry grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin . That's all they do advertise the surface and make it look so enticing
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Adonis86(m): 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2020
Perfectsouth:

I inquired but, I guess they predetermined to trick me into making payment before, they called me on phone and gave me a breakdown

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Adonis86(m): 3:26pm On Dec 27, 2020
MEGA4BILLION:
Always make enquiries before making transaction,
It's an instalment you need to pay till you clear the actual price (buy off)of the solar system and it will be unlock for you.

My advice:

when you use the system for about 3years, lodge a complain that the system is week. It will be replaced thus you have a new one by the time you pay them off on the fourth year.

Best thought... You're damn awesome upstairs. I guess that's what I'll do. They deliberately kept the information about the subsequent payment until I paid. Then, I got home before the guy called me to tell me that I'm gonna be paying for four years.

But, I want to pay up everything at once. Perhaps in a couple of months from now, because I hate owing. I want to stop thinking about it, I want to move on.

What do you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by a4cube: 7:14am On Dec 28, 2020
You can cancel contract on or b4 30 days if you if you are not satisfied with it. Some case within 2 weeks. Read your T&C very well.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by mrsage(m): 7:47am On Dec 28, 2020
That item is grossly overpriced.

You can get it for 100-150k from other sources even here on Nairaland.

Why pay over 380k for an item you can get elsewhere for 150k?

This is 2020. Nigeria is in a recession and every kobo counts.

My suggestion. Return the product, cut your loss and move on.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by GeeConn(m): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2020
Adonis86:

It seems there are things you didn't pay attention to before signing and obtaining the product. It's all there in the agreement letter which should be inside that carton.

You are using the latest package LUMOS PRIME - power output is 120 watts

I have been using the previous package LUMOS ECO - 60 watts for more than 2 years now and it has been superb. If you have tried other energy solutions before this, you would appreciate lumos better.

Honestly, the payment is not so sweet at all but if you pay yearly it is far cheaper for you, I use it too. I'll dig up the payment plan and post.

Also, I found out that if you want to construct a similar power package of same capability , it will cost you the same 400k not including all the troubles with it.

But if you want to hack it, which is not legal, I know someone who can help sha.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by GeeConn(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2020
mrsage:
That item is grossly overpriced.

You can get it for 100-150k from other sources even here on Nairaland.

Why pay over 380k for an item you can get elsewhere for 150k?

This is 2020. Nigeria is in a recession and every kobo counts.

My suggestion. Return the product, cut your loss and move on.

Woow, this sounds good, please what is the power output for this?

I have seen the battery and panel output but I can't find the power output there.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by mrsage(m): 8:24am On Dec 28, 2020
GeeConn:

It seems there are things you didn't pay attention to before signing and obtaining the product. It's all there in the agreement letter which should be inside that carton.

I have been using the previous package LUMOS ECO - 60 watts for more than 2 years now and it has been superb. If you have tried other energy solutions before this, you would appreciate lumos better.

Honestly, the payment is not so sweet at all but if you pay yearly it is far cheaper for you, I use it too. I'll dig up the payment plan and post.

Also, I found out that if you want to construct a similar power package of same capability , it will cost you the same 400k not including all the troubles with it.

But if you want to hack it, which is not legal, I know someone who can help sha.

Not correct. You will spend less than 400k. Max 200k.

Where are the experts in the house? We need you here.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by mrsage(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2020
GeeConn:

Woow, this sounds good, please what is the power output for this?

I have seen the battery and panel output but I can't find the power output there.

I'm not am expert in this field. Just posted the advert as seen online and the service provider is someone I know personally.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by GeeConn(m): 8:37am On Dec 28, 2020
mrsage:

Not correct. You will spend less than 400k. Max 200k.

Where are the experts in the house? We need you here.

Anyway, I think I might be wrong here, because this was of 2017 market price estimate.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by GeeConn(m): 8:38am On Dec 28, 2020
mrsage:

I'm not am expert in this field. Just posted the advert as seen online and the service provider is someone I know personally.

Thanks bro, I'll call the number to find out.
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by SolarEdge: 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
Adonis86:

Good day OP, I understand your plight here. This product you bought is basically for light load such DC bulbs, charging of phones, rechargeable fan and a small led TV of maybe 18". The battery in this yellow box is less than 40Ah and the inverter is 75w ( all inbuilt). Mtn has terms and conditions on this product which I feel you did not pay attention to OR you think you could maneuver your way around it...

My advice is, this is a contract and since you're not satisfied you can end it. Go to their office and tell them you're dissatisfied with the product, I do not know if you can get back a refund but I think you can terminate the contract.

You can get a standard package to power your ceiling fans, any capacity of TV ( led preferably), sound system with a budget of 150k to 200k.

Many Nigerians always compare standard solar power system to this Mtn yellow box until they have a first hand experience.

7.3k monthly for 48 months is not a good deal for this yellow box sir.
You can check my signature for low budget solar package.

Happy new year in advance.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Adonis86(m): 6:33am On Dec 29, 2020
a4cube:
You can cancel contract on or b4 30 days if you if you are not satisfied with it. Some case within 2 weeks. Read your T&C very well.

is it possible? will they refund me the complete money
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Adonis86(m): 6:36am On Dec 29, 2020
GeeConn:

please help
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by Adonis86(m): 6:43am On Dec 29, 2020
SolarEdge:

Good day OP, I understand your plight here. This product you bought is basically for light load such DC bulbs, charging of phones, rechargeable fan and a small led TV of maybe 18". The battery in this yellow box is less than 40Ah and the inverter is 75w ( all inbuilt). Mtn has terms and conditions on this product which I feel you did not pay attention to OR you think you could maneuver your way around it...

My advice is, this is a contract and since you're not satisfied you can end it. Go to their office and tell them you're dissatisfied with the product, I do not know if you can get back a refund but I think you can terminate the contract.

You can get a standard package to power your ceiling fans, any capacity of TV ( led preferably), sound system with a budget of 150k to 200k.

Many Nigerians always compare standard solar power system to this Mtn yellow box until they have a first hand experience.

7.3k monthly for 48 months is not a good deal for this yellow box sir.
You can check my signature for low budget solar package.

Happy new year in advance.

how can I meet you
Re: I Need Advice: See What Mtn Staff Tricked Me To Buy 24k, Instead Of 400k. by surrogatesng: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
1KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono crystaline panels are known to perform better than polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 140,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuf_MvX_sXA
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002233_banner_jpeg527240edf39824fd5c835e23afd541ae
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,070684105321KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono crystaline panels are known to perform better than polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 140,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuf_MvX_sXA
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002233_banner_jpeg527240edf39824fd5c835e23afd541ae
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,07068410532

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Business Can Someone Start With 1million Naira At Owerri / Cassava Farming:An Untapped Goldmine For Unemployed Graduate. / Pls I Nid Help I Want To Relocate To Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.