Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This (389 Views)

Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / Christians Help Their Muslim Friends In Cutting Bushes At Eid Prayer Ground / Bible Scholars Should Explain Psalms 23:5 For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by vybzkartel: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Romans 8:20

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;

Questions:

1. What is the meaning of this verse?

2. Who did the subjection?

3. What time did he do the subjection?

4. When was this subjection done?

5. What and who constitute creation?

Thanks very much

Cc: Muttleylaff, jesusjunior, janosky, bingbagbo, preciousgirl, emusan, mrpresident1, mightysparrow, freshboi88, maxindihouse, livingchrist, achorladey
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by psucc(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2020
Your questions are all answered by the same verse.
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by vybzkartel: 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2020
psucc:
Your questions are all answered by the same verse.

How?

Please help
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by psucc(m): 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2020
vybzkartel:

How?

Please help
Sir, a call to walk with God is such a one that we believe without questioning.

Look again at Abraham. He followed God almost "foolishly" without raising questions.

Now to your Inquisition the Psalmist say "
For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven."
Psalms 119:89
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by MightySparrow: 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2020
Since the fall, God has been fighting to prove His supremacy over the Devil. the reason for Israel in Egypt, Babylon, Persia, Rome, and in the contemporary world. Initialy, with Abraham after the covenant, then israac, israel. Then, the covenant began to work in those that came in through Christ in science, administation, law, military, spirtuality etc. Manifesting the original mandate of subduing the earth, making Christianity the only approved way of and to God. Summary of the bible.
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by MuttleyLaff: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
vybzkartel:
"For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;"

Questions:

Thanks very much

Cc: Muttleylaff, jesusjunior, janosky, bingbagbo, preciousgirl, emusan, mrpresident1, mightysparrow, freshboi88, maxindihouse, livingchrist, achorladey
[img]https://media./images/c140420a1d306e8985d809ba56087e00/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by MuttleyLaff: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The teacher is correct, Satan will in due time get his commeupanuce

For the teacher to react by practically telling her off and ending the class, saying he/she is not in the mood of answering questions any longer is likely because he/she was caught out of depth

Dont judge God's decision(s) and/or choice(s), if you dont understand the reason(s) is an advice I would have given the 13 year old girl.
Would also chip in that one just has to trust God's judgement and God's manner of handling things, as God has everything in control and that there is a method in what is seen as madness.

At the end, so much would have been learnt to make everyone and the world a better place to live in

Would have learnt:
1/ How much to love,
2/ How carefully to live, and
3/ How important it is, to let go of things not meant for you

Now going back to the original question:
"Why Didnt God Kill Satan From The Onset?"

There is an ambiguity in the question and the ambiguity is with "Onset"

Which "Onset" is this?
"Onset" from where, when or what?

You see Adam (i.e. as in, Man or human beings) is a product of, necessity is the mother of invention
Also note that, a need and/or problem(s) encourages creative effort(s) to meet the need and/or solve the problem(s)

There were two problem situations and the necessity being the mother of invention, is the start of the solution, to solving the problem situations

It's strongly evident, that there were "situation problems"

The two problem situations were and/or are sin and vacuum created by renegades

This encouraged the Godhead to propose creative efforts to solve the "situation problems"

Man, is the start of the solution, not just only to solving the "situation problems" but is, also, to meet a need

Man (i.e. human beings) is NOT an accidental happening, rather is the product of a well-thought-out plan hence the earlier reference or earlier use of, necessity is the mother of invention

God IS NOT experimenting with humans. Man or human beings are part of the solution package. Two for the price of one (i.e. man or human beings used to bring about sin eradication and fill vacuum created by renegades)

Necessity is the mother of invention. So we have human beings and if sin were to be found in Man too, then have sin eradication.

Difficult problem(s) & situation(s) (e.g. sin) inspires ingenious solution(s) (e.g. Man or human beings)

Man or human beings are NOT happenstance, hence the earlier and kept repeating, "necessity is the mother of invention".

I believe strongly that God is solving a problem and the necessity being the mother of invention, is the start of the solution, to solving the problem situations

paxo/nel Doctor/Alien Ihe/dinobi3

vybzkartel:

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;

Questions:

A bit of backdrop before going ahead to answer question #1. Creativity, has a fundamental right to be expressed. Creation, the act of bringing something appreciative, valuable, worthwhile, of great importance et cetera should be encourage and not stifled, not frustrated, not be withheld, not denied, not refused, not be put a stop to et cetera

Now in a direct and straightforward manner of explanation, Romans 8:20, is saying that creation against its will, was subjected to what seemingly looks like as if all this is pointlessness

Against its will, all creation was exposed to a God’s curse, albeit it done with eager hope, that creation will come out better, if not best, from it all, lmso

vybzkartel:
Both parties

vybzkartel:
Circa GoE antiquity

vybzkartel:
Soon after the helping off the TKGE

vybzkartel:
The fullness of the earth and all that dwell in it

vybzkartel:
Thanks very much

Cc:, jesusjunior, janosky, bingbagbo, preciousgirl, emusan, mrpresident1, mightysparrow, freshboi88, maxindihouse, livingchrist, achorladey
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by Jones4190(m): 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2020
All of creation is waiting with eager longing for the day when the children of God—those who are in Christ (Romans 3:26)—will be revealed as who we truly are (1 John 3:2). That's what Paul wrote in the previous verse. Now he explains why the creation longs for that day when God will reveal His children, and Himself, in glory.

The creation, meaning all God has made, is suffering. It is subject to something described using the Greek word mataiotēti. This term implies something warped, perverse, sickly, weak, or false. This futility—or "frustration"—came long ago, when sin entered into the world. God did not create the world this way, and creation itself did not choose this. The trees and streams and animals and sky did not choose an existence of frustration. Rather, God subjected creation to frustration in response to Adam's sin in the garden of Eden. God did not design creation to suffer. That hardship came after all was meaningful and "very good." This warped, struggling existence came about when God cursed all of creation in response to human sin (Genesis 3:14, 17–19).All of creation is waiting with eager longing for the day when the children of God—those who are in Christ (Romans 3:26)—will be revealed as who we truly are (1 John 3:2). That's what Paul wrote in the previous verse. Now he explains why the creation longs for that day when God will reveal His children, and Himself, in glory.

The creation, meaning all God has made, is suffering. It is subject to something described using the Greek word mataiotēti. This term implies something warped, perverse, sickly, weak, or false. This futility—or "frustration"—came long ago, when sin entered into the world. God did not create the world this way, and creation itself did not choose this. The trees and streams and animals and sky did not choose an existence of frustration. Rather, God subjected creation to frustration in response to Adam's sin in the garden of Eden. God did not design creation to suffer. That hardship came after all was meaningful and "very good." This warped, struggling existence came about when God cursed all of creation in response to human sin (Genesis 3:14, 17–19).
All of creation is waiting with eager longing for the day when the children of God—those who are in Christ (Romans 3:26)—will be revealed as who we truly are (1 John 3:2). That's what Paul wrote in the previous verse. Now he explains why the creation longs for that day when God will reveal His children, and Himself, in glory.

The creation, meaning all God has made, is suffering. This term implies something warped, perverse, sickly, weak, or false. This futility—or "frustration"—came long ago, when sin entered into the world. God did not create the world this way, and creation itself did not choose this. The trees and streams and animals and sky did not choose an existence of frustration. Rather, God subjected creation to frustration in response to Adam's sin in the garden of Eden. God did not design creation to suffer. That hardship came after all was meaningful and "very good." This warped, struggling existence came about when God cursed all of creation in response to human sin (Genesis 3:14, 17–19).

1 Like

Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by MuttleyLaff: 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by xproducer: 7:44pm On Dec 27, 2020
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." - Romans 8:18-21

I believe that this entire passage of holy Scripture refers to what GOD has promised He will do at the end of time / this age - make everything new; a fruition of His work of mankinds' salvation.

Verse 20 refers to the fact that creation, man included, was cursed (subjected to futility) - and so everything decays and dies!

"Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life." - Genesis 3:17

... but when GOD returns, He will create new Heavens and a new Earth, and give all His redeemed in CHRIST JESUS new bodies.

The Glorious New Creation
For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind." -Isaiah 65:17 (also Isaiah 66:22)

"So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body." - 1 Corinthians 15: 42-44
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by donnie(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2020
vybzkartel:

Questions:

Here is the precept...

Psalms 102:15-21
[15]So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
[16]When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
[17]He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
[18]This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created [/b]shall praise the LORD.
[19]For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold [b]the earth;
[20]To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death;

Psalm 102:20 explains the creation groaning in the previous verse (Romans 8:19)

[21]To declare the name of YAHUAH in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;

This is referring to the time when YAHUAH restores and redeems his people ISOLELE (Israel) for he will build up Zion.

The subjection refers to the deprivation of the earth resulting from the displacement of YAH'S chosen people ISOLELE (ISRAEL) on account of their sins. And YAH himself subjected his people, and as a result, all creation to slavery and oppression because they broke his laws.

Right now, they are still under subjection and slavery and so is all of YAH'S creation for Isolele (ISRAEL) is the salt of the earth and there will be no peace or restoration upon earth until MESSIAH returns to redeem his people and restore their glory.

Psalm 102:18 is a precept for the creation we read of in Romans 8:29
This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people [i]which shall be created shall praise the LORD.[/i]

And the praise will begin when YAHUAH builds up Zion. Then shall he appear in glory; then shall the sons of God be manifested and then shall creation which had been groaning be revived for his glory shall fill the whole earth.

I'm sure by now you know I am not reference to those currently in the fake land of Israel. They are not his people, neither is that the promised land.

According to the scriptures, there will be absolute peace and no war, when he brings his people back to their land. But there has been no peace, but war ever since those the world calls Jews arrived Palestine.
Re: Bible Scholars, Theologians And Spirit-filled Christians Help Me Understand This by Emusan(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2020
I appreciate your effort in singling me out but I must tell you, I'm not a scholar of the scripture but a student who studies the scripture and many works of the reputable scholars.

vybzkartel:

Questions:

The meaning is to understand that creatures as a whole are in their decaying state and they need to be rescued.

This is a fact that even the great minds in the universe know about.

Our universe is decaying day by day.

God did it but not from beginning

Afyer the fall of Man!

Let me clarify something here, thou you might not be able to grab it at first.

When Adam (The Man and the Woman) sinned, we read that God CURSED them.

Let me shock you here!

If you study the word CURSE in that content you'll simply realize that God was just withdrawing His sustainable power from them and creation as a whole.

When God withdrawn His sustainable power

The creation here simply refers to Adam(Man) and everything under the care of Adam.

Thanks very much

You're welcome!

(1) (Reply)

Message From The LORD GOD ALMIGHTY / China And India Did Not Get Where They Are Today Through Prayer / When Does The Soul Get Into A Human? Before Or After Birth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.