Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Panacea To Unending Bickering Between Federal Government And University Unions. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Panacea To Unending Bickering Between Federal Government And University Unions. (171 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni's Father Says Lagos Government And Police Are In Conspiracy / University Unions Begin Mobilization For NLC Planned Strike. / D7 In Government And E8 In Literature N English What Art Course Can He Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Panacea To Unending Bickering Between Federal Government And University Unions. by emkz: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2020
I have been saying the government should sell all the universities except six in the six geopolitical zones which shall be heavily funded for indigent, but bright students. The idea is to grant the sold universities full autonomy while FG regulates. If a university cannot solve the basic function of raising funds to run itself, let it shut down. The way government pays universities even for their toilet paper has made our lecturers/University administrators lazy. We have professors of power, universities are running generators; are universities not supposed to be incubators for solving societal problems?

I paid 6k as tuition (18k for three years), I don't know anywhere in the world education is that cheap. Let us calculate the exact cost of educating a student and let the universities get the funds through fees. And I wonder, why are the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Adenutu, Oba-Otudeko, Elumelu, Awosika, et al not pro-chancellors of federal unis: we need people to run universities as businesses to end the fight between ASUU and FG.

(1) (Reply)

Practical Computer Training In Ibadan / As A Teacher Get Free Notes On Maths Topics / Application For 2021 Tony Elumelu Foundation TEF Entrepreneurship Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.