Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Helium (Poem) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Helium (Poem) (266 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Helium (Poem) by adeabdul2(m): 1:03am On Dec 28, 2020
We're standing in your doorway and you ask me to come in. I need to head home straightaway but thanks for the evening. Your eyes twinkled slightly and you aim for my cheek.

Surprise! It turned out to be a full kiss on the lips. So intense it was and super sweet. You took me to France with your tongue in my cheek.

I was taken aback, not your action, but my response. Sparks lit up in me and I felt so flushed. I don't understand why I feel this way? We had kissed before like just the other day. Mere plutonic gestures, no magic in their moisture.

But as your lips met mine, I grew wings and floated off the floor. I flew to the moon, past the stars and landed at my apartment door. Not once did I ever feel the ground. Not even while sleeping in my bed, spell bound.

With no recollections of the night but the lingering memory of floating in that beautiful night sky.

https://adeabdulsblog.

(1) (Reply)

Writer Wanted / Hire Me To Write / Fictional Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.