Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. (5080 Views)

Vp's Residence: Wike Satisfied With The Speed,quality Of Work (PHOTOS) / Here Are The 17 Finalists who seek to succeed Buhari / Buhari Completes The 17-storey Headquarters Of NCDMB In Bayelsa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by privaldo: 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
hakeem4:
yes! Nigeria is better than almost all Eastern European countries! I can say it with all confidence

Give me basis for your claims, so that we can see if facts back it up.
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Kepler453: 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
hakeem4:
From the list above I can deduce that west Africa east Africa and central Africa are the most under developed regions

I think this list is partial. Are they trying to say that no European nation, Asian or South American nation is horrible?

European
Is the writer from business insider trying to say countries like Croatia and Serbia are doing far better than Nigeria even after the ustache war and the vukovar massacre in 1991? Or other east European nation?

asian, Middle East
Is the writer trying to say countries like Iran, Iraq Turkmenistan, Syria all doing better than Nigeria? With the chaos going on in most countries there.

I can’t believe that no South American country made this list
Stop arguing young man. Let that list be a challenge to you to develop your country
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Kepler453: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
decatalyst:

Africa on the beat back to back cry

May God help us, but we need to get serious at developing our land.
grin Africa no dey carry last
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Kepler453: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:
Not a single central America country, countries that are being run by drug gangs with the largest murder rate of girls and women.Who ever believe this list is a clown.
grin If Nigeria was okay we wouldnt be on that list
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by backnbeta(f): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nigeria as a country will continue to be on that list because the different regions that make up the entity have different priorities, different views on life and living...no unity of ideas, with our polithiefcians cashing out on our diversity while the masses only enjoy reduced standard of living. Hence, we'll keep pulling each other back, slowing each other down until we probably break up or make up undecided

1 Like

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Odkosh: 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
PopSmoke:
abeg move Nigeria to top 3 a$ap

who curse Afrika?
No 1 jor. Worst nation I have ever seen
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Odkosh: 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ahmed0336:

Somebody will just sit in the comfort of his/her house and type rubbish.

That list is not the true reflection of things.
What is this one saying?
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Image123(m): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
15 AFRICAN COUNTRIES OUT OF 17. BUT THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM. AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB ON OUR SIDE WE DON'T NEED NOTHING ELSE.

Foolish talk. The countries on the good end are serving who? You hide your head in the sand thinking Christians and Muslims are only found in Africa. Wake up, more than 70% of the world claim to be religious whatever and wherever the country and quality of life. The biggest and the best universities, politicians, doctors, soldiers, engineers etc all over the world claim to serve God. Stop being deceived to think only your family members are religious.

1 Like

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by benzion72(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
All in Africa
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
longetivity:
I WEEP FOR AFRICA
AFRICA has got generational poverty, which has been passed on from generation to generation.
The Annoying part is that most AFRICANS derive joy in recycling the poverty further.
I don't understand why a poor man can't keep CONDOMS, while a RICH MAN does.
It's really a PITY.

2 Likes

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by 2Lynx(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
hakeem4:
From the list above I can deduce that west Africa east Africa and central Africa are the most under developed regions

I think this list is partial. Are they trying to say that no European nation, Asian or South American nation is horrible?

European
Is the writer from business insider trying to say countries like Croatia and Serbia are doing far better than Nigeria even after the ustache war and the vukovar massacre in 1991? Or other east European nation?

asian, Middle East
Is the writer trying to say countries like Iran, Iraq Turkmenistan, Syria all doing better than Nigeria? With the chaos going on in most countries there.

I am really as surprised as you are..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by hakeem4(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
privaldo:

Give me basis for your claims, so that we can see if facts back it up.
The reason why Nigeria is on that list is because of its religious intolerance, not because of its economical ability.

The eastern European states are mostly orthodox catholic
belgrade
we all remember the roman catholic (Croatia) vs orthodox (Serbia) and the Bosnia Muslim. Go down to history and read about these wars, Belgrade had until the 1980s been the capital of Yugoslavia, or the land of the southern Slavs, which meant by definition that it was the capital of a multiethnic and multiconfessional state. But a secular Croatian intellectual once gave me a warning that, as in Belfast, took the form of a sour joke. "If I tell people that I am an atheist and a Croat," he said, "people ask me how I can prove I am not a Serb." To be Croatian, in other words, is to be Roman Catholic. To be a Serb is to be Christian Orthodox..

belfast even a western European state under the UK still has religious intolerance.
In Belfast, I have seen whole streets burned out by sectarian warfare between different sects of Christianity and interviewed people whose relatives and friends have been kidnapped and killed or tortured by rival religious death squads, often for no other reason than membership of another confession. There is an old Belfast joke about the man who stopped at a roadblock and asked his religion. When he replies that he is an atheist he is asked, "Protestant or Catholic atheist?" I think this shows how obsession has rotted even the legendary local sense of humour.

Beirut capital of Lebanon
Beirut used to be known as the Paris of the orient. The president by law had to be a Christian, usually a Maronite Catholic, the speaker of the parliament a Muslim, and so on. This never worked well, because it institutionalized differences of belief as well as of caste and ethnicity (the Shia Muslims were at the bottom of the social scale, the Kurds were disenfranchised altogether). The main Christian party was actually a Catholic militia called the Phalange, or "Phalanx," and had been founded by a Maronite Lebanese named Pierre Gemayel who had been very impressed by his visit to Hitler's Berlin Olympics in 1936. It was later to achieve international notoriety by conducting the massacre of Palestinians at the Sabra and Chatila refugee camps in 1982, while acting under the orders of General Sharon.

i can go on to talk about
baghdad
Bethlehem
etc

source: god is not great by Christopher hitchens
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by thundafire: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
African countries are shits imagine

1 Like

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Alex9999: 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
hakeem4:
From the list above I can deduce that west Africa east Africa and central Africa are the most underdeveloped regions

I think this list is partial. Are they trying to say that no European nation, Asian or South American nations are horrible?

European
Is the writer from business insider trying to say countries like Croatia and Serbia are doing far better than Nigeria even after the ustache war and the Vukovar massacre in 1991? Or other East European nation?

asian, Middle East

You are crazy -- simple as that.
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
THANK GOD ALMIGHTY THAT MY COUNTRY, NIGERIA IS NOT ON THE LIST.

MEANWHILE, THE WORLD BANK JUST DECLARED MY OWN COUNTRY, NIGERIA AS THE GREATEST ECONOMY IN AFRICA AND THE 25TH IN THE WORLD.

GOD BLESS PMB1523

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Abohboy: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
Image123:

Foolish talk. The countries on the good end are serving who? You hide your head in the sand thinking Christians and Muslims are only found in Africa. Wake up, more than 70% of the world claim to be religious whatever and wherever the country and quality of life. The biggest and the best universities, politicians, doctors, soldiers, engineers etc all over the world claim to serve God. Stop being deceived to think only your family members are religious.

Look at Asian countries the difference is that hey stuck with their religion same goes for European and Arab countries but we blacks switched to the religion of our oppressors and now we think that their religion is a way out of poverty and we hold them in high regard for their religion, but now times are changing Nigerians and Africans as a whole are waking up you clearly aren’t one of them, they are waking up and going back to their traditional religions and languages and it is well with all of those who make the said decision, just remember that if they control you spiritually and mentally then they can forever keep you in bondage. Ase O

1 Like

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Gmajor(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
hakeem4:
From the list above I can deduce that west Africa east Africa and central Africa are the most underdeveloped regions

I think this list is partial. Are they trying to say that no European nation, Asian or South American nations are horrible?

European
Is the writer from business insider trying to say countries like Croatia and Serbia are doing far better than Nigeria even after the ustache war and the Vukovar massacre in 1991? Or other East European nation?

asian, Middle East

Even though I don't agree with some of what you wrote, it's weird that Venezuela is not on the list

1 Like

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Image123(m): 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
Abohboy:

Look at Asian countries the difference is that hey stuck with their religion same goes for European and Arab countries but we blacks switched to the religion of our oppressors and now we think that their religion is a way out of poverty and we hold them in high regard for their religion, but now times are changing Nigerians and Africans as a whole are waking up you clearly aren’t one of them, they are waking up and going back to their traditional religions and languages and it is well with all of those who make the said decision, just remember that if they control you spiritually and mentally then they can forever keep you in bondage. Ase O

You obviously don't know what you are saying.
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by psyco: 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
Image123:

You obviously don't know what you are saying.
lol, he really doesn't.
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Abohboy: 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
Keep on following Christianity the same Christianity that took 20 million people into bondage and tortured them, why would the people who tortured and enslaved you now give you a book that will lead you to salvation does it make sense.

1 Like

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by 7lives: 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
Abohboy:
How has Venezuela, Somalia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Zimbabwe etc not made the list but Nigeria, Ethiopia and Ivory Coast made it onto the last the writer is very clearly biased

Ignore the worthless writer, Aljazeera has already exposed this hypocrisy.
People live inside standing fridge in Philippines, some even live in the grave yards.
People fight to death to over sand in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, a visit to Honduras, Haiti and Ecuador will convince you.
Oh I forgot to mention Guyana, these are some of those despicable countries I can remember.
If you know any please update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by nnamdi640: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
I knew Africa will take the lead and my dear country will surely be there. On the last day,I will sure have serious discussion with the angel that brought me to this Africa and to Nigeria of all nation.
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Abohboy: 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2020
nnamdi640:
I knew Africa will take the lead and my dear country will surely be there. On the last day,I will sure have serious discussion with the angel that brought me to this Africa and to Nigeria of all nation.

Angel?
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:06am On Dec 29, 2020
Some people actually think that Nigeria is better than Croatia and Serbia lols. grin grin
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 29, 2020
hakeem4:

The reason why Nigeria is on that list is because of its religious intolerance, not because of its economical ability.

The eastern European states are mostly orthodox catholic
belgrade
we all remember the roman catholic (Croatia) vs orthodox (Serbia) and the Bosnia Muslim. Go down to history and read about these wars, Belgrade had until the 1980s been the capital of Yugoslavia, or the land of the southern Slavs, which meant by definition that it was the capital of a multiethnic and multiconfessional state. But a secular Croatian intellectual once gave me a warning that, as in Belfast, took the form of a sour joke. "If I tell people that I am an atheist and a Croat," he said, "people ask me how I can prove I am not a Serb." To be Croatian, in other words, is to be Roman Catholic. To be a Serb is to be Christian Orthodox..

belfast even a western European state under the UK still has religious intolerance.
In Belfast, I have seen whole streets burned out by sectarian warfare between different sects of Christianity and interviewed people whose relatives and friends have been kidnapped and killed or tortured by rival religious death squads, often for no other reason than membership of another confession. There is an old Belfast joke about the man who stopped at a roadblock and asked his religion. When he replies that he is an atheist he is asked, "Protestant or Catholic atheist?" I think this shows how obsession has rotted even the legendary local sense of humour.

Beirut capital of Lebanon
Beirut used to be known as the Paris of the orient. The president by law had to be a Christian, usually a Maronite Catholic, the speaker of the parliament a Muslim, and so on. This never worked well, because it institutionalized differences of belief as well as of caste and ethnicity (the Shia Muslims were at the bottom of the social scale, the Kurds were disenfranchised altogether). The main Christian party was actually a Catholic militia called the Phalange, or "Phalanx," and had been founded by a Maronite Lebanese named Pierre Gemayel who had been very impressed by his visit to Hitler's Berlin Olympics in 1936. It was later to achieve international notoriety by conducting the massacre of Palestinians at the Sabra and Chatila refugee camps in 1982, while acting under the orders of General Sharon.

i can go on to talk about
baghdad
Bethlehem
etc

source: god is not great by Christopher hitchens

I guess you're talking from experience. The media never shows this but believe me the religious intolerance in Northern Ireland is outrageous. It's even between two christian sects but the media never reports this.

Modified.
Didn't read to the end. Quoted you when I saw Belfast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by JayReeMai(m): 1:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Image123:

I guess you’re not familiar with that moniker. He’s been sarcastic, he’s an atheist.
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Image123(m): 1:10am On Dec 29, 2020
JayReeMai:
I guess you’re not familiar with that moniker. He’s been sarcastic, he’s an atheist.

Actually, i know him almost like his parents.
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by Judybash93(m): 3:03am On Dec 29, 2020
Cameroon is in Central Africa
Re: The 17 Countries With The Worst Quality Of Life In The World. by juman(m): 4:08am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigeria is a mistake of a country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo To Speak At Governance Forum In Kenya / Why ODODO Can Not Be Decleared Winner / Breaking News: Securities and Exchange Commission Sacks Okereke, Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.