Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:40 PM

My Dog Needs Help - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Needs Help (1139 Views)

My Dog Needs Help. Graphic Pics / Dog Needs Help / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Needs Help by Remified(m): 8:59am On Dec 28, 2020
I have a dog who is currently four years old. He is a very strong dog cause he hardly falls sick since we got him (only once or twice sha) but since 2020 he have been having one issue or the other which he managed to scale through with little or no help. As at 5 months back he started having this issue which looks like he can't walk well, he will just sit or stand at one spot for close to 30mins or 1hr and make this sharp crying like noise at intervals and this pains me. We called a vet, he checked him and said it might be a leg dislocation or a spinal injury and gave him drugs for the dislocation plus some painkillers and said if the issue is related to the spine he can't do anything about it but he did treat it as a dislocation and see what happens. So for a few days he came administered an injection plus the pain killer which we gave him also gave me Rob to use massage him. And quickly b4 the treatment was finished he recovered. But it began again and this time comes at intervals ever since then till now and its looks like its getting bad though it doesn't seem that bad as it comes on intervals (like the dog will seem fine now but in a few hours it did come and he will remain stationary and cry a bit then after a while he did sleep when he wakes he acts like nothing happens) . Pls I need serious help from anyone who knows how to go about this pls all suggestions are welcomed.
Also we found out the dog is overweight as in obese recently as he only eats mostly twice a day and sleep through out the day, all day. I don't usually have enough time to walk him cause of work plus anytime I do he did dictate how far he wants to go and is not far at all, just few walks from my house and he did just sit in the road without moving and sometimes I did pull( I stopped this cause I found out pulling a dog by the neck causes some serious locomotive problems for it later in life ) he still won't move. But ones I make to go back home he did join asap and even lead the way.
Pls I need advice on what to do to get this obese cute dog better as I can't keep giving painkillers through out his life.
Modified; the issue also comes when he tries to lie down or sit sometimes, he did just cry a lot like he is in some serious pain.
Pls pardon the long read
Re: My Dog Needs Help by Farmsquare(m): 10:25am On Dec 28, 2020
I think you've figured out the problem, it's obesity, you have to find time to help your dog. Reduce his food and go for more walks.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Needs Help by harmargedon: 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
Remified:
I have a dog who is currently four years old. He is a very strong dog cause he hardly falls sick since we got him (only once or twice sha) but since 2020 he have been having one issue or the other which he managed to scale through with little or no help. As at 5 months back he started having this issue which looks like he can't walk well, he will just sit or stand at one spot for close to 30mins or 1hr and make this sharp crying like noise at intervals and this pains me. We called a vet, he checked him and said it might be a leg dislocation or a spinal injury and gave him drugs for the dislocation plus some painkillers and said if the issue is related to the spine he can't do anything about it but he did treat it as a dislocation and see what happens. So for a few days he came administered an injection plus the pain killer which we gave him also gave me Rob to use massage him. And quickly b4 the treatment was finished he recovered. But it began again and this time comes at intervals ever since then till now and its looks like its getting bad though it doesn't seem that bad as it comes on intervals (like the dog will seem fine now but in a few hours it did come and he will remain stationary and cry a bit then after a while he did sleep when he wakes he acts like nothing happens) . Pls I need serious help from anyone who knows how to go about this pls all suggestions are welcomed.
Also we found out the dog is overweight as in obese recently as he only eats mostly twice a day and sleep through out the day, all day. I don't usually have enough time to walk him cause of work plus anytime I do he did dictate how far he wants to go and is not far at all, just few walks from my house and he did just sit in the road without moving and sometimes I did pull( I stopped this cause I found out pulling a dog by the neck causes some serious locomotive problems for it later in life ) he still won't move. But ones I make to go back home he did join asap and even lead the way.
Pls I need advice on what to do to get this obese cute dog better as I can't keep giving painkillers through out his life.
Modified; the issue also comes when he tries to lie down or sit sometimes, he did just cry a lot like he is in some serious pain.
Pls pardon the long read
your dog is having a waist problem due to its weight. you have to work on reducing his weight, but first get a medicine for waist problem, them you watch how you feed him. when he's gone down on his weight you have to ensure that you carry out full exercise always to avoid reoccurrence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog Needs Help by harmargedon: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
feed your dog a food with high protein and low fat. you have to reduced and reschedule his food and feeding time. but always use pain killers because of the waist pain if they persist.
Re: My Dog Needs Help by Remified(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
Already on it

Farmsquare:
I think you've figured out the problem, it's obesity, you have to find time to help your dog. Reduce his food and go for more walks.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Needs Help by Remified(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
Thanks
Seems like it
Do u know any medicine for waist problem I could give him am already working on his weight
harmargedon:
your dog is having a waist problem due to its weight. you have to work on reducing his weight, but first get a medicine for waist problem, them you watch how you feed him. when he's gone down on his weight you have to ensure that you carry out full exercise always to avoid reoccurrence.
Re: My Dog Needs Help by Remified(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
harmargedon:
feed your dog a food with high protein and low fat. you have to reduced and reschedule his food and feeding time. but always use pain killers because of the waist pain if they persist.
OK then
I use Ebu400 for the pain

(1) (Reply)

Alsatian Puppy For Sale / 6wks Old Pedigree Boerboel Available For new Homes. / Bullmastiff Pups For Sale...parents Pics Included....this Is Super Top Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.