Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (12084 Views)

Poll: Bakare, Oyegun, & Adeola Boycott: A Mistake?

Yes, it was a mistake: 30% (61 votes)
No, it was the right decision.: 69% (137 votes)
This poll has ended

NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by emekagh(m): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2011
dejumotalks:

, @emeka-gh, I believe the question asked is EXPLICIT enuf.
can u please answer and stop beating around the bush, Articulate his acheivements!!!

I have answered the question already, and many people have answered it too. It stares you in the face. Here again:

If you fail to see how much GEJ has done in the short time period he assume substantive power, even to the point of giving you hope of free and fair election, then you are playing the ignorance card (that is popular among the anti-GEJ goons). Nigeria has moved forward since he assumed leadership, take it or leave it. It changes nothing.

Now where is your answer to this:

Let's even assume that you are correct enough to say my support for GEJ is primarily due to ethnicity, I ask would you vote for Buhari if he paired with a Northerner? What reason do you think he brought an administrative green-horn - Bakare, as a running mate if not for the southerner, nay Yoruba votes? Is that not ethnicity, or if you would, for regional balancing, as I aptly put it? So if Buhari, and Ribudu who should know better play the ethnic cards, what do you expect of the masses - assume moral high ground?
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2011
Okay people. Let us for the purpose of argument agree that the debate/media chat is not credible (something NL intellectuals have not agreed). How can we sell this to the viewing (illiterates/semi-illiterate) masses who have been watched the wide reaching BON organised event.

My point is that in the end, the masses saw and heard Sambo, as they will see and hear Goodluck tomorrow. So they'll probably remember who they saw and heard. The excuses offered by the oppositions for not attending this BON debate/media chat will be exactly what they are - excuses.

Plans, plans, plans, build, building, power stations, electricity, trains, etc will resonate with them (masses) as the promises or plans made by PDP-GEJ/Sambo? What will resonate with them them regarding the oppositions programmes? If they recollect anything at all it will be probes, anti-corruption crusade/jihad, arrest of Mr. this, corruption this, corruption that, jail this, jail that? How does this fiery sounding concepts no matter how lofty relate with the troubled masses? This is not a matter of tribe, Buhari's plans sound like Nigeria will go through another period of uncertainty. I am not ready to waste another four years waiting for someone to clean Nigeria. When I know that all I need to do is set good examples - clean myself, and help others to do the same. Buhari cannot do it for me, for us! He just want to be called President again!

Back to the debate issue, whether GEJ disrespected them (tactically) or not is not a very good reason to miss out in the publicity that the BON debate/chat would have afforded. They have missed the opportunity to introduce their own agenda (and perhaps forced the so-called hard questions). But this is my opinion. Their supporters claimed it was a good decision for them to boycott today event. This is their opinion, and I am more than happy to respect it. I hope also they boycott tomorrow Presidential debates as well, and perhaps follow it up by boycotting the elections at well (excuses are easy to get, blame it on Goodluck's names). I wish progress for Nigeria, and I don't think Buhari or Ribadu can guarantee that.

So while they see disgrace (in the one man show), the PDP sees opportunity to sell their candidate.

I will end by noting the arrogance and folly of those who think voting GEJ is unpatriotic. I tell you, it is the acme of patriotism to vote GEJ, the only national leaning candidate of the lot. The results of his hardwork and tenacity is there for all to see. His ability to build bridge across the nation, forming required consensus, and shunning uncanny ones is what Nigeria needs now.

The undiscerning may call it weakness - but strong people don't usually show it off. Only pretenders do!
Big shots are small shots who keep shooting! Simplicity is a gift! That is why. . .

. . . GEJ will win this election.

+1000 to the bolded. you are a fool if you miss ANY opportunity to sell yourself to the voters. Nigeria is still not ready.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by EkoIle1: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2011
ajigglin:

+1000 to the bolded. you are a fool if you miss ANY opportunity to sell yourself to the voters. Nigeria is still not ready.

Only foolish people subjects themselves to charades and orchestrated debates organized by their opponents and also where their opponents have access to all the questions to be asked ahead of the same trumped up debate.

The BON debates is for /dumb, clueless and incompetent people like GEJ.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by EkoIle1: 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2011
emeka_gh:

I have answered the question already, and many people have answered it too. It stares you in the face. Here again:

I guess it's safe to conclude that you can not and will not list GEJ's achievements as a deputy governor, as a governor and as the president of Nigeria.

We all know the reason why you failed to do so is because GEJ is yet to achieve anything as a public servant. We are all Nigerians and we all know there is nothing out there to list.

It is very disheartening reading stuff by young people praising and advocating votes for the most incompetent, corrupt, unpatriotic and destructive elements on the face of the earth.

What's in it for you and what in your mind do you think GEJ and his corrupt party of looters is going to offer us that they haven't offered us 12years and counting?

It's like you people are in training to become the PDP and the incompetent looters of tomorrow.
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Solomon227(m): 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

I guess it's safe to conclude that you can not and will not list GEJ's achievements as a deputy governor, as a governor and as the president of Nigeria.

We all know the reason why you failed to do so is because GEJ is yet to achieve anything as a public servant. We are all Nigerians and we all know there is nothing out there to list.

It is very disheartening reading stuff by young people praising and advocating votes for the most incompetent, corrupt, unpatriotic and destructive elements on the face of the earth.

What's in it for you and what in your mind do you think GEJ and his corrupt party of looters is going to offer us that they haven't offered us 12years and counting?

It's like you people are in training to become the PDP and the incompetent looters of tomorrow.

Bros you still dey wait for GEJ achievements. I was a fanatic supporter of GEJ on NL before "bad people" started asking me this same question. I retreated and started researching,for weeks, on my Idol (then). I even visited my friends that are from Bayelsa make dem help take pictures for Yenagoa na. Alas! my friends from Bayelsa are still laughing me even till this very night.

In fairness to Jonathan, he has never told anyone he is an achiever or campaigning based on any achievements. He is Good Luck and u must vote for him.,.,, ,simple!

[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children

Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by searay(m): 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2011
No wonder some candidates r tryin 2 avoid this debate, look at d number of media houses organisin one debate. Too too intimidatin. Lwkmd
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by scorpion1: 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
i quote from Namadi Sambo

"One man, one vote"
"One woman, one vote"
"One child, one vote"

And the audience had to correct him, "One youth, one vote". What a shame, VP of Nigeria
Re: BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2011
corruption.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Finished! I Am Ashamed Of My Country - Pics / President Buhari's Federal Excuses Council - Reno Omokri / Steal Government Money and Die -  Justice Must Prevail Party Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.