Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? (2460 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MRAKPORS(m): 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
If , so why?
And wetin be the difference with the other Bible?
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
There are hundreds of Bible versions around the world today, the King James Version (KJV) gained popularity since the time an English King (James) authorised the Orthodox Church of his time to produce the Bible in his own mother tongue. Before then there was no English version of the Bible so all the Churches under England use the Latin Bible. That's why you'll always here the Orthodox Churches pray in Latin till today!
Back then it was read in Latin so the Churchgoers don't know what is in the book it's whatever was interpreted to them by the Church fathers that they carry in their heads!
A man named "William Tyndale" was strangled to death and burnt at the stake for going ahead to make his own translation of the Bible! embarassed WHY? His Bible made it easy for the Churchgoers to read and understand what's found in the Bible and this exposed the atrocities going on in the Churches.
America is the only place where there was freedom of speech, expression and worship. So it was in America that interested translators pick up the Bible and start translating God's word for the common people. That's when the hypocrisy of the Orthodox Churches were exposed as the translators didn't follow them in adding extra verses and words to the Bible.
The KJV was authorized after so much dispute in England but those Church fathers dubiously added so many things and asked King James to sign a treaty that no other translators should try making the English version of God's word apart from the one authorized by his royal majesty King James of England that's why it's called the KJV.
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES decided to produce their own version of the Bible after so many years of research to know what exactly was written in the Bible apart from things added by the Orthodox Church Fathers.
I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, the New Word Translation of the holy Scriptures is the version we are using and so far so good we are seeing the benefits Jesus promised his followers to prove that we have the TRUTH! smiley

MRAKPORS:
If , so why?

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by DappaD: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
MRAKPORS:
If , so why?
The publishers of the New World Translation were not influenced by bias I assure you. They are/were completely honest in their translation work. Hebrews 13:18

The NWT published by Jehovah's Witnesses restores the name of the true God—Jehovah to appropriate places in the Bible which appears some 7,000times. For example, @Deuteronomy 6:4 your KJV would read: “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD”

Meanwhile the translators of the KJV substituted God's original name, Hebrew: “YHWH”, English: “Jehovah” with the title “LORD” and no doubt this brought about the confusion of the false trinity doctrine making it difficult for a honesthearted person to distinguish between Jehovah(God) and Jesus(his Son).

In order to clear up the confusion, God's original name “Jehovah” was restored to the appropriate places where it appeared. So now, Deuteronomy 6:4 would aptly read:
“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.

Note that this is just one feature about this translation as there are others. Go to jw.org if you need more answers. Or you can use the link below:
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/changed-bible-beliefs/

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by peggywebbs(f): 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Yes what they left out is that, they got their translation from an already translated version of the bible and did everything to remove verses they don't agree with.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by haddeylium(m): 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2020
MRAKPORS:
If , so why?

Short answer is NO!

I hold a number of Bible Translations I use frequently like King James Version, New King James Version, American Standard Version, Revised Standard Version, Living Bible, Bible in Living English, NET Bible. Many of these I use electronically on Jw library app.

I still prefer the 'New world translation' with the way the original language of 'Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek' were preserved with the use of modern language without altering the original meaning.

let me give you an example.
The Hebrew word Sheol and Greek' Hades means plainly 'Grave'
But some translator based on their own biased discretion and to support their doctrine translated this as Hell, which many misinterpreted as 'Fiery place of torment' that sinners go to

But, there's loophole in this cos'
Acts 2:31 (KJV) reads:
“He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in HELL neither his flesh did see corruption.”

Do you understand?
How's that possible?
cos' Jesus committed no sin(1 Peter 2:22).

Now, look at the NWT
He foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that neither was he forsaken in the Grave nor did his flesh see corruption.

Which one agree with the original meaning of the translated word?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Preciousgirl(f): 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2020
The jw Bible is of the devil

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Kingosytex(m): 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
Preciousgirl:

I don't think so. Their NEW WORD TRANSLATION is just like every other Bible.
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
The one and only version that's able to remove weapons, racism and politics from the minds of over 8,700,000 people from all races under the heavens! Micah 4:1-3

Surely such a version is of the devil! Luke 12:10 compared to Matthew 10:25

Thanks Ma, may you have PEACE! Matthew 5:44 smiley

Preciousgirl:

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Janosky: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2020
peggywebbs:
Yes what they left out is that, they got their translation from an already translated version of the bible and did everything to remove verses they don't agree with.

Fallacious claim.
When Pastorpreneurs spoon-feed you, you gulp everything without checking and cross check what's fact or true.
grin grin
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
MRAKPORS:
If , so why?
they might as well... Since much of their doctrines tend to run counter to what is in the Bible. Honestly, the same can be said of much of Christianity today since many have abandoned the truth as documented in Scripture to instead pursue after the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which run counter to the truth as declared by God Himself.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Janosky: 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
MRAKPORS:
If , so why?

JWs use ANY Bible available in any language spoken on earth.
We have our translation called "NWT" which stands for " the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

The difference is that like the Darby Translation, Aramaic Bible and ASV, (to some extent), the NWT uses the Divine name "Jehovah", over 7000 times..

The NWT is an authentic rendition of the Hebrew and Greek manuscript of the Bible into English and other language versions.
Sheol ,Hades means Grave not hellfire.
Gehenna & Tartarus is translated properly,not misleading hellfire you see in many Bible versions

The NWT is in modern,easy to read and understand English. No "thou" ,no "hast", no thine, no thee", all those archaic jargons no dey.

The NWT is available and accessible online ( JW official website , Bibliatodo etc).

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Janosky: 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

they might as well... Since much of their doctrines tend to run counter to what is in the Bible. Honestly, the same can be said of much of Christianity today since many have abandoned the truth as documented in Scripture to instead pursue after the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which run counter to the truth as declared by God Himself.
Continue to DECEIVE yourself..
John 20:17, Rev 3:12,21 your deity declared "our JW God is his God and Father
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by DappaD: 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:

When Jehovah's Witnesses knock on your door in the past—if you're open for a discussion—why do you think they'll ask you to bring out your own Bible? So that it will bring an end to all of these misconceptions.

On the other hand, if you're so sure of what you're saying now, you'll support it with proof—as in—show that the NWT is truly out of line else you'd be like those who peddle rumours about.

I've noticed that you avoid JWs, so I won't be surprised if you ignore me. But try to think about what was said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:28am On Dec 30, 2020
I made him afraid of JWs! grin
The first time he jumped into a debate i had with one of the Churchgoers the way and manner i handled the situation made him realized that for someone to speak in the midst of people and set matters straight, what you're trying to establish must be practically applicable somewhere and yielding results. That's was the last time he engaged me in a debate, he tried to engage other JWs and he discovered that we are all the same.
Ever since then he's been avoiding JWs he only engage Churchgoers who doesn't have any unique form of worship, so that he can remain relevant on the religious section. But just like other Churchgoers he never found a single person who will agree with his thoughts on worship. So to console himself in his isolation he kept saying "God is not interested in oneness of thought regarding worship" what baffles me is how he's always around arguing as if there must be agreement yet himself and other Churchgoers like him undermine oneness!

DappaD:

When Jehovah's Witnesses knock on your door in the past—if you're open for a discussion—why do you think they'll ask you to bring out your own Bible? So that it will bring an end to all of these misconceptions.
On the other hand, if you're so sure of what you're saying now, you'll support it with proof—as in—show that the NWT is truly out of line else you'd be like those who peddle rumours about.
I've noticed that you avoid JWs, so I won't be surprised if you ignore me. But try to think about what was said.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by peggywebbs(f): 10:32am On Dec 30, 2020
I already did my research. You should too and stop defending religion and know about your God. Stop letting people brainwash you with a false doctrine. Every body comes up with different doctrines on one same bible.

That shows the amount of lies that is being told. They tell you how to worship, who to call a brother, what you should celebrate, how you should pray, they even dictate the bible you can read and the materials you can study...that's mind control. You cant search for truth elsewhere, you can't ask questions, you can't have a different opinion and you still continue to defend this lifestyle.

Aren't you curious about your history, aren't you curioius about the origin of your practices.? Why continue with a blind eye? Why have you intentionally silenced your spirit? Your inner man questions you but you choose to ignore. All the signs are there, the spirit of truth is as loud as ever. The Lord speaks everyday and you choose not to listen.

Janosky:

Fallacious claim.
When Pastorpreneurs spoon-feed you, you gulp everything without checking and cross check what's fact or true.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by DappaD: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2020
peggywebbs:
I already did my research. You should too and stop defending religion and know about your God. Stop letting people brainwash you with a false doctrine. Every body comes up with different doctrines on one same bible.
That shows the amount of lies that is being told. They tell you how to worship, who to call a brother, what you should celebrate, how you should pray, they even dictate the bible you can read and the materials you can study...that's mind control. You cant search for truth elsewhere, you can't ask questions, you can't have a different opinion and you still continue todefend this lifestyle.

Aren't you curious about your history, aren't you curioius about the origin of your practices.? Why continue with a blind eye? Why have you intentionally silenced your spirit? Your inner man questions you but you choose to ignore. All the signs are there, the spirit of truth is as loud as ever. The Lord speaks everyday and you choose not to listen.

You seem quick to forget that the reason why the Pharisees were constantly angry at Jesus was because he claimed monopoly of worship. John 14:6
Why, Jesus even said that one must follow him even when family members strongly oppose them if such one is to get approved by God. Matthew 10:32-40, Luke 14:27
This made the Pharisees so upset and bitter and you can even read about their exchange with Jesus at John chapter 8.
So my dear, since you're of the opinion that nobody should oblige to teach anybody anything, how did you know it was Jesus who was correct and not the Pharisees since the Pharisees also claimed to be children of God? John 8:41

Another instance is the book of Acts.
Acts 2:42 KJV
“And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.”
So were the early Christians foolish for following the apostles and foremost pioneers? Why didn't they allow God to speak to them?
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MightySparrow: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2020
What's wrong with that?: Catholic have theirs
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:48am On Dec 30, 2020
Well Jesus prayed fervently begging on his knees that his earthly followers should have the same line of thought! John 17:20-23 compared to 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 2:2

If everything should go decently/orderly and by arrangement in PEACE {1Corinthians 14:33,40} then believers must be under the supervision of a group of overseers {Matthew 24:45} we know that your Church Pastors have defrauded you a lot and amassed wealth through the things they collected from you, so we sympathise with you over the loss but in true Christianity such doesn't happen.

That's why we stick to the arrangement Jesus set after baptism those serving as Apostles and teachers must continue to teach us what we should and shouldn't do! Matthew 28:20 compared to Ephesians 4:11

You may choose to worship anywhere but we know where to go for unadulterated spiritual food! Matthew 24:28

May you have PEACE! smiley

peggywebbs:

That shows the amount of lies that is being told. They tell you how to worship, who to call a brother, what you should celebrate, how you should pray, they even dictate the bible you can read and the materials you can study...that's mind control. You cant search for truth elsewhere, you can't ask questions, you can't have a different opinion and you still continue to defend this lifestyle.

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 30, 2020
Janosky:

Continue to DECEIVE yourself..
John 20:17, Rev 3:12,21 your deity declared "our JW God is his God and Father

When you argue as a child of God, you do it with love and respect. You are disrespectful.

You guys are always too full of yourselves and thinking you are the only ones going to paradise. And the 144,000 people going to heaven are Jehovah's witnesses only.

Wake up from self righteousness and stop being deceived by Watchtower.

5 Likes

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nobody is born a JW Sir, each one of us embraced the truth and we know what it means to have the truth. So don't be offended when we say "only JWs will inherit Paradise"
It's either you try to find out why we are saying it or just ignore us, we're not forcing anyone! smiley

WILLuKPquiet:

When you argue as a child of God, you do it with love and respect. You are disrespectful.

You guys are always too full of yourselves and thinking you are the only ones going to paradise. And the 144,000 people going to heaven are Jehovah's witnesses only.

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by DappaD: 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Jehovah's Witnesses always tell people the truth that they don't want to hear. We won't water the truth down for anybody.
Perhaps you're looking for who will sugarcoat lies and tickle your ears, if so go and meet your daddy GOs Adeboye and Oritsejafor they'll be pleased to do that. 2Timothy 4:3-4 grin grin
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by freshboi88: 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
Kingosytex:

I don't think so. Their NEW WORD TRANSLATION is just like every other Bible.

No. It is modelled after the New World Order

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
NEW WORD simply means the modern English not all those "thy, thou stuff! cheesy

freshboi88:

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Janosky: 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
freshboi88:

LYING Dullard cheesy grin cheesy

Isaiah 65:17-25, 2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1-5, it's about the coming New World of righteousness in God's kingdom, under Jesus Christ rulership, Matthew 6:10, Daniel 2:44. Revelation 3:21. Luke 1:31-33
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by freshboi88: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
Janosky:

LYING Dullard cheesy grin cheesy

Isaiah 65:17-25, 2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:1-5, it's about the coming New World of righteousness in God's kingdom, Matthew 6:10, Daniel 2:44

Mumu. It is modelled after the anti Christ. One who is here to ridicule the Christ!.

That's why they tell all sort of lies and change scripture to ridicule Jesus.

Satanic sect

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by freshboi88: 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
NEW WORD simply means the modern English not all those "thy, thou stuff! cheesy

Mumu. It is modelled after the anti Christ. One who is here to ridicule the Christ!.

Satanic sect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by DappaD: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
freshboi88:

Satanic sect

OK OK is that all? undecided
Please what's next?? undecided
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by Janosky: 12:27am On Dec 31, 2020
freshboi88:

Satanic sect
Isaiah 65:17-25, 2 Peter 3:13. Revelation 21:1-5, "Behold! I am making all things new.
Write, for these words are faithful and true"

LYING dullard say na him own "anti Christ" .

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:54am On Dec 31, 2020
My young man please don't kill yourself with BP by challenging JWs in scriptural debate because you'll continue to boil inside each time you see how excellently God's true servants brings out the practical application of what you're reading in the words of our God! Ephesians 6:17 Hebrew 4:12 compared to Isaiah 54:17

For your information, the title "Christ" means "Saviour" and God's word foretold that after the coming of the Messiah (Christ) who will be called the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} worshipers of the true God will come from all nations to form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, they will settle all their differences and they will never carry weapons again neither will they learn how to go to war anymore! Micah 4:1-3

Now there are billions of religionist around the world starting with the Catholics down to modern day Pentecostals and all of you are shouting up and down "Jesus is LORD" but there is no LOVE amongst you people, members of the same church will go and learn how to kill and at the order of greedy politicians you will gladly aim guns at your fellow believer, and the worst part of it Satan's agents will come and bless the destructive devices you're trained to use in killing your fellowman IN JESUS NAME! embarassed

Whereas the order Jesus gave his own disciples is never to use weapons in settling their differences! Matthew 26:52

Certainly the New Word Translation of the Holy Scripture published by JWs that has successfully erased racism, politics and weapons from the heart of millions is here to ridicule the Christ!

It's those versions that has failed to make PEACE reign amongst you guys that's bringing glory, honour and praise to God and the Prince of Peace! Luke 12:10 smiley

freshboi88:

Mumu. It is modelled after the anti Christ. One who is here to ridicule the Christ!
Satanic sect
Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by jantman(m): 4:41am On Dec 31, 2020
MRAKPORS:
If , so why?

@MRAKPORS
Stay away from the pratice and belief Jehovah witness and stay away from their fake bible. The Jehovah witness translated the Original text of the bible and edited it to suit their doctrine. The original text of the bible condemn their belief. Even Moses warns that no man should take away or add to God written word and the Jehovah witness are guilty of that.

The Jehovah witness bible is not the word of God. It is Satan deception. God is righteous and just and He will punish anyone who violate His Word

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:46am On Dec 31, 2020
Sorry Sir, i'm Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES i just want to assist you in adding the scriptural text to buttress your point!
Revelations 22:18-19

May you have PEACE! smiley

jantman:

@MRAKPORS
Stay away from the pratice and belief Jehovah witness and stay away from their fake bible. The Jehovah witness translated the Original text of the bible and edited it to suit their doctrine. The original text of the bible condemn their belief. Even Moses warns that no man should take away or add to God written word and the Jehovah witness are guilty of that.

The Jehovah witness bible is not the word of God. It is Satan deception. God is righteous and just and He will punish anyone who violate His Word

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? by jantman(m): 4:47am On Dec 31, 2020
DappaD:

The publishers of the New World Translation were not influenced by bias I assure you. They are/were completely honest in their translation work. Hebrews 13:18

The NWT published by Jehovah's Witnesses restores the name of the true God—Jehovah to appropriate places in the Bible which appears some 7,000times. For example, @Deuteronomy 6:4 your KJV would read: “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD”

Meanwhile the translators of the KJV substituted God's original name, Hebrew: “YHWH”, English: “Jehovah” with the title “LORD” and no doubt this brought about the confusion of the false trinity doctrine making it difficult for a honesthearted person to distinguish between Jehovah(God) and Jesus(his Son).

In order to clear up the confusion, God's original name “Jehovah” was restored to the appropriate places where it appeared. So now, Deuteronomy 6:4 would aptly read:
“Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.

Note that this is just one feature about this translation as there are others. Go to jw.org if you need more answers. Or you can use the link below:
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/changed-bible-beliefs/

Restores the true name of God to Jehovah?

WHAT A BIG LIE.

Jehovah is not the name of Almighty God. The real name of Almighty God is JESUS.

By the mention of His name, every kneel must bow and every mouth shall confess that Jesus is the Only True God.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophesies Of 2014 For Nigeria By Prophet TB Joshoua / The Questions I Used To Ask Myself While I Was A Christian / Obama Holds 'iftar' Dinner At White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.