Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima (1414 Views)

'FCT Is Mere 37th' - SDP Presidential Candidate, Adebayo Adewole / Yaruba Clamour For Independence,mere Threat, Shattima Says... / Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by gidgiddy: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2020
The leader of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Yerima Shettima, has said the agitation for a sovereign nation by the Yoruba people is a mere threat. Shettima told SaharaReporters in an interview on Thursday, while reacting to the statement made by a renowned historian, Prof. Banji Akintoye, that Yoruba people would soon be independent.

Akintoye, the Alana of Ilana Omo Oduduwa, on Tuesday through the media and communications secretary of the group, said, “The Yoruba journey to redemption has started, and soonest, we are going to reach our Canaan land without any bloodshed.”

In his reaction to the assertion, Shettima said, “It is just a mere threat as far as I am concerned, and I don’t wish it to be true.”

“That kind of statement does not mean well for the country. It is not a comment that should come from positive-minded people. I have a lot of respect for him, and people like him have the mental capacity to be advising the nation.

“If we think it is because Buhari is there today, it could be you or me tomorrow. It could be anybody from other regions rather than the North. That’s why I am one of those calling for restructuring. The central government is weak. It can’t hold the country together. But we can be better together.”

Shettima also responded to a message circulating on social media that he would assemble terrorists against South-East and South-West of Nigeria if the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, did not disband the Eastern Security Network within seven days.

“I am an advocate of peace between the North and the South,” Shettima said. “My political associates know me in the struggle for peace and unity. Some people are just using that to destabilise the country.

“A time will come when the truth will be revealed. Nigerians must know that I cannot be used because I have never been part of violence and will never be in the future.

“I have always been part of peace in the country. It is true that things are not good, and nobody is happy but that doesn’t mean we should destroy the country. I am not part of the problem.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/24/yoruba’s-clamour-independence-mere-threat-shettima-says

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by SadiqBabaSani: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nonsense
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by proff010: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
And ingredients
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by IamWonderful: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
kowa da yawan sa
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by IamWonderful: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
It is still better than when baby factory people were sent out like criminals

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by chatinent: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
I rest my case finally for Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by BigSarah(f): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
Would the north really want to share it's first class status with any region? If the south west gets presidency or VP in 2023...That would prove the north has no born to rule desire
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by powerkey: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2020
gidgiddy:
The leader of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Yerima Shettima, has said the agitation for a sovereign nation by the Yoruba people is a mere threat. Shettima told SaharaReporters in an interview on Thursday, while reacting to the statement made by a renowned historian, Prof. Banji Akintoye, that Yoruba people would soon be independent.

Akintoye, the Alana of Ilana Omo Oduduwa, on Tuesday through the media and communications secretary of the group, said, “The Yoruba journey to redemption has started, and soonest, we are going to reach our Canaan land without any bloodshed.”

In his reaction to the assertion, Shettima said, “It is just a mere threat as far as I am concerned, and I don’t wish it to be true.”

“That kind of statement does not mean well for the country. It is not a comment that should come from positive-minded people. I have a lot of respect for him, and people like him have the mental capacity to be advising the nation.

“If we think it is because Buhari is there today, it could be you or me tomorrow. It could be anybody from other regions rather than the North. That’s why I am one of those calling for restructuring. The central government is weak. It can’t hold the country together. But we can be better together.”

Shettima also responded to a message circulating on social media that he would assemble terrorists against South-East and South-West of Nigeria if the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, did not disband the Eastern Security Network within seven days.

“I am an advocate of peace between the North and the South,” Shettima said. “My political associates know me in the struggle for peace and unity. Some people are just using that to destabilise the country.

“A time will come when the truth will be revealed. Nigerians must know that I cannot be used because I have never been part of violence and will never be in the future.

“I have always been part of peace in the country. It is true that things are not good, and nobody is happy but that doesn’t mean we should destroy the country. I am not part of the problem.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/24/yoruba’s-clamour-independence-mere-threat-shettima-says

Mere chest beating.

Yoruba ethnicity don't have the muzzle to declare a rebulic.

Its only noise making.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Nigeriabiafra80: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
IamWonderful:
You left the message and the messenger and went for igbo
Is that the level or your cowardice?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Marine54(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
IamWonderful:
Typical skull miners ! https://www.sunnewsonline.com/arewa-youths-apologise-to-igbo-over-2017-quit-notice-2/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by powerkey: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Those south wasterners are clowns and cowards.

I dare them to declare a republic like the igbos did and the federal government as igbos did too.

All they have is loud mouth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by unshakablejihad: 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
IamWonderful:

u haven't responded to message rather resulted in throwing pre-mature tantrums..

ur slave master in the north who gave u ur identity have spoken....spinless skull miner.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Bkayyy: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
Chai. When it comes to action, nobody takes this people serious.
Just see the way their call for secession is branded as MERE but if it is the other people that comes from warriors clan, Pythons, Lions and Tigers would have been dancing in their region by now..

In truth it is only in Nairaland and social media that they have power.

The whole world knows them for the weaklings they are and below is their worst Nightmare

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by tobechi74: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
Except Yoruba combines with hausa

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Uchek(m): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
Totally agree with you!

powerkey:

Mere chest beating.

Its only noise making.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Iamgrey5(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
powerkey:

Mere chest beating.

Its only noise making.

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Tochi3(m): 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by T9ksy(m): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bkayyy:
Chai. When it comes to action, nobody takes this people serious.
Just see the way their call for secession is branded as MERE but if it is the other people that comes from warriors clan, Pythons, Lions and Tigers would have been dancing in their region by now..

In truth it is only in Nairaland and social media that they have power.

The whole world knows them for the weaklings they are and below is their worst Nightmare

Oga, before you run your mouth rotten, may I suggest, you just watch this space.

Yorubas will be out of this evil contraption before 2023................ mark my words
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by omowolewa: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2020
Yes please, give us the office of the President
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by IamWonderful: 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2020
unshakablejihad:

u haven't responded to message rather resulted in throwing pre-mature tantrums..

ur slave master in the north who gave u ur identity have spoken....spinless skull miner.
I don't have to because they are inconsequential, it was igbos that your elders with their walking sticks and red caps that were running from pillar to post begging same boys like criminals and fugitive that have no home.

Skull mining is better than your infamous baby factory ritualism, that even feature you on Wikipedia, the world already know you torture and kill new born babies, what a shameless set of wicked people you are
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by IamWonderful: 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
Marine54:
Typical skull miners ! https://www.sunnewsonline.com/arewa-youths-apologise-to-igbo-over-2017-quit-notice-2/
Infamous baby factory ritualism people known over the world bury your head in shame, see your infamous baby ritualism on Wikipedia page under child harvesting
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by IamWonderful: 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

You left the message and the messenger and went for igbo
Is that the level or your cowardice?
The message and the messenger are inconsequential, I went for the mischievous baby factor produce trying to sprang up mischief, this news is already on Nairaland already.
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by unshakablejihad: 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2020
IamWonderful:
I don't have to because they are inconsequential, it was igbos that your elders with their walking sticks and red caps that were running from pillar to post begging same boys like criminals and fugitive that have no home.

Skull mining is better than your infamous baby factory ritualism, that even feature you on Wikipedia, the world already know you torture and kill new born babies, what a shameless set of wicked people you are

i rather be a drug dealer than bcum a skull miner ritualist wich yorubas are known for in west africa,cannibalism,body harvesters,rapist,baby ritualist,headhunters e.t.c

all diz the bastard oduduwa nd his band of rascal offsprings are known for....choke on it....abobako ritualist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by IamWonderful: 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
unshakablejihad:

i rather be a drug dealer than bcum a skull miner ritualist wich yorubas are known for in west africa,cannibalism,body harvesters,rapist,baby ritualist,headhunters e.t.c

all diz the bastard oduduwa nd his band of rascal offsprings are known for....choke on it....abobako ritualist.
See your wickedness, criminality and shame on Wikipedia, devil incarnate people

Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by marsman: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
This news is Old, Ipob find another thing to masturbate on. Dude literally said he does not wish it.
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2020
IamWonderful:
The message and the messenger are inconsequential, I went for the mischievous baby factor produce trying to sprang up mischief, this news is already on Nairaland already.
Ok you left your daddy for the babies
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by IamWonderful: 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

Ok you left your daddy for the babies
Everyone cannot be your daddy, not everyone is senseless, myopic, unscrupulous, useless, insignificant and hopeless.
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:22am On Dec 29, 2020
IamWonderful:
Everyone cannot be your daddy, not everyone is senseless, myopic, unscrupulous, useless, insignificant and hopeless.
Nawaooo
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by Twutin: 12:34am On Dec 29, 2020
Iamgrey5:

He knows that it will be the end of Yoruba so he is scared.

If Yorubas continue making noise on social media, they will be finished in their own region
Re: Yoruba Clamour For Independence Is Mere Threat - Shettima by ChoCho54(f): 5:08am On Dec 29, 2020
IamWonderful:
Between you, yarimo and Helinues, I don't who is more porous upstairs.

You are a coward by birth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Advised Trump Not To Attend The Inauguration Nnamdi Kanu / Plan To Kill Sunday Igboho Exposed By Anonymous / What My Friend Son Who Wanted To Join The Nigerian Army Told Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.